• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimax

I didn't mean to start a vocaloid war lol. And when I say P4 cast I exempt rise and kanji
I'm really starting to hate how people have to have a super flawed character to make them good.

P4 cast are likable and honestly I'm tired of the constant urge to make our characters assholes for the sake of realism, not everyone are jerkfaces when you meet them, there are actually some legit nice but flawed people in real life.

Not everyone needs to go through life realizing that being a shit face isn't a good idea most of the time.
Never said that characters have to be flawed to be great, I was just stating my opinion that the P4 cast is super shit tier compared to the rest of the games. I don't find them really that likable

360pages

My problem with S2 is that everyone is a fucking asshole. And it doesn't help that characters flip flop like fucking nuts in it. Example would be Rebecca in the first episode, then randomly trying to open up to you in the next one.

People tell me "oh season 2 has more complex characters".... but it doesn't. They are all inconsistant. Look at the playthrough.... despite Matt and Pat clearly shunning Kenny at every opportunity, he acts as if they are best friends. It makes no sense.And don't get me started on GI Jane.

The final episode made me realize I do not give a shit about this series anymore, and also because I got the Kenny redemption ending, which feels like the ending I needed.

Also what ending did the best friends get? Since I got to salty from all the Kenny shit talk.

If they went with Jane.... I am kill

Jane ending...sorry.

I didn't mean to start a vocaloid war lol. And when I say P4 cast I exempt rise and kanji and Chie and Naoto

Never said that characters have to be flawed to be great, I was just stating my opinion that the P4 cast is super shit tier compared to the rest of the games. I don't find them really that likable

FTFY
unless you wanna fight M8?
also i got an hour and 30 min of Best Friends vids to catch up on
DAMN YOU POKEMON!

I'll agree with Pat that boss fight wasn't amazing, but I didn't think it was that bad, I really do think those guys all get fed up way too easily, Woolie and Liam bitching endlessly in Guacamelee when something was difficult "It's not fun if it's hard."

And Pat trying two things and being like 'I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO FUCK'

It's like, come on guys.

I think it's because they're frustrated due to the pressure of an audience, especially since people are already yelling at them. On your own you don't have that sort of pressure.

Jman014

My problem with S2 is that everyone is a fucking asshole. And it doesn't help that characters flip flop like fucking nuts in it. Example would be Rebecca in the first episode, then randomly trying to open up to you in the next one.

People tell me "oh season 2 has more complex characters".... but it doesn't. They are all inconsistant. Look at the playthrough.... despite Matt and Pat clearly shunning Kenny at every opportunity, he acts as if they are best friends. It makes no sense.And don't get me started on GI Jane.

The final episode made me realize I do not give a shit about this series anymore, and also because I got the Kenny redemption ending, which feels like the ending I needed.

Also what ending did the best friends get? Since I got to salty from all the Kenny shit talk.

If they went with Jane.... I am kill

I went with the Kenny ending where we get to Wellington then leave lol.

360pages

For them to be super flawed and then go through tons of character development to change their ways is really compelling. It builds on the fact that they first have to realize that they need to change. Its way more interesting for how they go through this change in P3 than P4. They do so suddenly and aruptly due to their shadows and then just accept the evils within them when you beat their shadows. Don't even get me started with the S-links since they are optional but not really.

I do think the S link should have been Incorporated into the game better since they do have some development there. But that might be because P4 cast aren't super flawed or damaged people. They suffered from more regular teenage problems than some of the messed up stuff on P3 and P2.

This isn't a bad thing persay. Like I said, not everyone needs to be Auska levels of damage to make them a compelling character.

You guys sure fight a lot when I'm gone.

image.php

360pages

You're right, which is why I really like the P4 cast. I just meant to point out that an unlikable character doesn't equal a bad character.

Oh, I know. If that's the point of the character than go for it. I just wish that people see that not everyone needs to go through a huge arc to realize this.

Hell, even a jerkface slowly learning by himself and opening up without a huge event would be cool.

Tales of the Abyss looked like that was going to happen with Luke, the more time he spent with people the more he showed empathy and understanding...then the writers fucked that all up sinking the cast forever.

Beloved

Tsunderes can be good IF they get good character development and aren't just cliche BS characters

Which applies to any trope character in anime really. It's all down to the writing and character development in the end.

I havent played P4G, I just watched the anime, and Marie had some good moments at times but overall, she felt really cliched and not particularly unique or interesting so its like *shrug*, why should I feel any attachment to her character whatsoever.

Xiraiya

Tsunderes can be good IF they get good character development and aren't just cliche BS characters

Which applies to any trope character in anime really. It's all down to the writing and character development in the end.

I havent played P4G, I just watched the anime, and Marie had some good moments at times but overall, she felt really cliched and not particularly unique or interesting so its like *shrug*, why should I feel any attachment to her character whatsoever.

After being so use to other characters, you can't help but feel resentment because she's a bit if an intrusion on what you already know.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No, I meant like the gif changes nothing. Also Rise is ok. Aside from all the waifu war shit, I just don't find the character too interesting. None of them are fantastic by any means and the s-Links are lackluster, but I found myself more pulled by the societal issues regarding gender and sexuality among others.

It wasn't meant to be a well reasoned rebuttal, but a playful retort. I think I was pretty obvious, considering that I used a gif as a response. It's always going to come down to personal preference with these things. Every character has its merits.

360pages

Eh...I rather have a stock Tsunderes then the violent ones that seem to be popular for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom