• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R has 50 stage story mode, 8 player Online.

Which Super Bomberman R feature are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kurdel

Banned
If it really had "photo-real graphics" this might be worth full price.

I remember enjoying that GBA or GBC single player Bomberman game, I hope it takes from that game.

This would be the reason to get another 2 Joy-Cons. I can imagine it now, 8 mates, a case of beers and a BomberMan tournament.

Top night in, that.

StayDead

Played this yesterday, only played 2 rounds but loved it.

One VERY strange change though, is you can no longer bounce bombs over the top of brick blocks (the breakable ones) with the glove or the hands. You can bounce them off the sides of the stage to the other though.

They just land on top of the brick blocks. You can use that to clear all the blocks it hits though.

Only thing that worries me about this game is Konami and it using in game currency as continues if you die. They better not make it a grid fest to get currency or have micro-transactions to buy them.

Not so sure about "Photo Real" graphics though, might be bending the truth a little with that one lol. Apart from that, it looks great, not played Bomberman in years and this looks like a lot of fun.

Only thing that worries me about this game is Konami and it using in game currency as continues if you die. They better not make it a grid fest to get currency or have micro-transactions to buy them.

Not so sure about "Photo Real" graphics though, might be bending the truth a little with that one lol. Apart from that, it looks great, not played Bomberman in years and this looks like a lot of fun.

Perhaps they are looking at making it F2P at some point in the future once people stop buying it

There is a level with magnets which turn on and off it seems from when I played it yesterday. Sometimes my bombs would be pulled and sometimes they wouldn't.
That's what I wanted to hear! Any other impressions you can share?

Edit
Nevermind, saw your second post! Cool stuff.

Soundslike

Neo Member
Love bomberman, not a fan of the camera angel i seen on some photos. Is it also top-down?

Edit: a quick google search seems to confirm that it is.

Played this yesterday, only played 2 rounds but loved it.

One VERY strange change though, is you can no longer bounce bombs over the top of brick blocks (the breakable ones) with the glove or the hands. You can bounce them off the sides of the stage to the other though.

They just land on top of the brick blocks. You can use that to clear all the blocks it hits though.

That's actually a very interesting change. Looking forward to see how it can be used. For instance, if the explosion is larger than the row of bricks it's on, it should be able to hit other players, yeah?

The currency is actually your score from previous levels combined into a grand total. High Score chasing ect.

StayDead

That's actually a very interesting change. Looking forward to see how it can be used. For instance, if the explosion is larger than the row of bricks it's on, it should be able to hit other players, yeah?

I didn't get a chance to test. The game was 8 players and the stage wasn't very big (6AI and 2 Humans) so the stage got bombed out very fast (at least faster than I got a lot of powerups)

It also looks a lot nicer in person than it did on stream imo.

Indelible

I love Bomberman but there is no way I'am paying $80 Canadian for this, Konami is insane if they think that is a fair price.

Raitaro

I still can't fully believe we're getting a new Konami sanctioned, former Hudson employee developed Bomberman game as a Nintendo Switch launch title.

...Jeez.

If someone would have put that on a prediction list a few weeks ago, it would have been laughed out of the door and followed up by the usual fuckkonami barrage.

Then again, many people now seem to have gone from surprise to acceptance and immediately on to criticism about things like the presumed price and the graphical style, reminding me again that I'm on Earth and amongst (Gaf) humans afterall.

taoofjord

Too bad the box art isn't representative of the game's aesthetic. Photo realistic is a bad direction to go in. I'll pick it up if it ends up being a good game though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8E53WpFXH8

I actually really like the artstyle, can't spot many performance issues.

That does look better than the other video I saw. And I'm happy to see the MP has a top down view instead of that dramatic isometric angle shown in the debut trailer.

yurinka

Do we know its price? I'd like to get it, but as Monkey Island suggested, I wouldn't like to pay more than 20$ on this.

P.S.: Photo-real graphics?

11706-bomberman-act-zero.png

jonno394

Do we know its price? I'd like to get it, but as Monkey Island suggested, I wouldn't like to pay more than 20$ on this.

This will hopefully be $40 like the retail version of other smaller games for Switch (Binding of Isaac, Redout...).

I as I'm in the UK, £30 is what I want to pay at most.

jwillenn

This is going to be fun! I just hate that Nintendo won't have gameplay video capture/share ready at launch, but at least it's coming...

Hero

40 dollars would be the sweet spot for me. Glad we're getting Bomberman back and they even got original team members to come back for it.

Lum1n3s

P.S.: Photo-real graphics?

11706-bomberman-act-zero.png

Yo, the fuck is that... never mind I looked it up and I regret everything

Bomberman Act Zero x360

I think this comment on the video accurately describes it

"When you see some Warhammer and Spawn fanboys saying that everything needs to bè darker and edgier, show them this video."

Predicting that it'll be $39.99 USD, but I'm getting this even at full retail. Looks terrific. Going to preorder it today. For anyone interested, I've only been able to find it available at Gamestop. Probably better to preorder there than to wait for somewhere else.

entremet

Aren't they using the same models from the 360 XBLA game?

I just saw some screenshots and it looked to be the case at first glance. Kinda wished it had more graphical craftsmanship.

Paz

Ah suddenly the absurd choice to target 30fps in a 2017 Bomberman game makes sense, so they can list Photo Real Graphics.

This thing costs $99 to pre order here in Aus, insanity. And I was really excited for it at first :/

Seik

Banned
So, a full blown Bomberman game!

This is awesome, I think this game is the biggest suprise of the launch.

Seloth

Banned
Ah suddenly the absurd choice to target 30fps in a 2017 Bomberman game makes sense, so they can list Photo Real Graphics.

This thing costs $99 to pre order here in Aus, insanity. And I was really excited for it at first :/

I think the prices @ EB and JB are just placeholder right now (except for hardware).

Top Bottom