• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R has 50 stage story mode, 8 player Online.

Which Super Bomberman R feature are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

taoofjord

Just watched more videos of MP and yeah, the lack of color and the overall aesthetic is a huge disappointment. So is 30fps. I'm still buying this but mainly due to the fact that it'll likely still be fun. It's pretty hard to fuck up MP bomberman.

Because its a new system and uses a new online setup ?

I have a feeling that, at launch, it'll be functionally similar to Wii U online, because Nintendo has stated that the smart device app isn't launching until later and that app is what adds functionality like match scheduling and remote lobby creation.

It will be cool if that's all part of the games that launch but I suspect it won't be, and the trial period is going to be initially running like a beta where Nintendo's only delivered a minimum viable product.

50 stages is not a big number, considering the footage suggests the single player is standard classic bomberman "destroy the enemies on a small maze" 2 to 5 minute stages. Noone buys Bomberman for singleplayer though, it is dull as dishwater.

I don't think I've ever played a bomberman game for more than 2 minutes.
A story mode is a pretty nice incentive to give it a try though it doesn't seem like the N64 ones which were pseudo 3D platformer adventure games, but I'd give it a go after I'm done with Zelda

I don't think I've ever played a bomberman game for more than 2 minutes.
A story mode is a pretty nice incentive to give it a try though it doesn't seem like the N64 ones which were pseudo 3D platformer adventure games, but I'd give it a go after I'm done with Zelda

Bomberman 64 was my favorite bomberman of all time

Hilariously fun game in multiplayer and had a surprisingly challenging and satisfying story mode

MouldyK

If it was released in 1985 then that would make it the 32nd anniversary, not the 33rd!

Liars! Pre-order cancelled!

ACTUALLY!

The original home computer game Bomber Man (爆弾男 Bakudan Otoko?) was released in July 1983 for the MSX, NEC PC-8801, NEC PC-6001, Sharp MZ-700 and FM-7 in Japan, and a censored version for the MSX and ZX Spectrum in Europe as Eric and the Floaters.

34th Anniversary!

Either way, Konami can't count.

AgeEighty

Remember, if you like Bomberman, buying this would be an excellent way to show Konami that there's money in video games. Boycotts because it's Konami would only prove to them games aren't profitable anymore.

It shouldn't come down to that, but it is what it is.

Seik

Banned
Anyone here played Bomberman Online on PC in the 2000's ?

Playing online to this will remind me that sweet era!

It will also probably make me a more tired man with a ''Just one more game!'' syndrome late in the night.

I'm checking the best versions of BM...this announcement revived an old crave to bomb shit. Sounds like the best one is Saturn Bomberman, will probably import since US copies are like 500$ CAD. :lol

Just watched the Treehouse segment of it that I missed last week, this is hype!

Kevin

I feel like Bomberman 64 was not only the best Bomberman but they never made another Bomberman that played like that. Super disappointing.

Any idea what kinds of powerups are in this new one?

I dont understand why Nintendo didnt show this game in the presentation, is actually pretty cool and can be a system seller (well at least for me).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I feel like Bomberman 64 was not only the best Bomberman but they never made another Bomberman that played like that. Super disappointing.

Any idea what kinds of powerups are in this new one?

Eh?
NfaWsi9.jpg

I do like N64 bomberman vs traditional top down bomberman.

Dominator

Never played a Bomberman game before, if I plan to play this entirely by myself is it worth it? I'm starved for launch games and I want something other than Zelda.

Never played a Bomberman game before, if I plan to play this entirely by myself is it worth it? I'm starved for launch games and I want something other than Zelda.
I mean, no one has played this particular version of Bomberman, but is Bomberman in general worth it? Yes, most definitely.

Hastati

The artistic direction of the environments is unfortunate but I'm still really happy this game is happening. Looks like a ton of fun, so glad it's being given another chance.

AgeEighty

All I mean is that the marketing is all about co-op, and I have no interest in that. I'm gonna wing it, hopefully I like it.

Co-op isn't a prominent element of Bomberman at all; in multiplayer it's all about competition. You're trying to blow up the other players.

Camjo-Z

50 stages is not a big number, considering the footage suggests the single player is standard classic bomberman "destroy the enemies on a small maze" 2 to 5 minute stages. Noone buys Bomberman for singleplayer though, it is dull as dishwater.

IIRC it's more levels than most of the SNES Super Bomberman games had for their single-player modes and those were pretty good.

Already can tell I'll be starved for games at launch, so I'll probably pick this up. I've never played a Bomberman game though, should I play any of them before March 3rd?

emb

I was wondering when video games would achieve photo-real graphics. I didn't realize from watching the game, but apparently Super Bomberman R is the one! :p

Still undecided on picking this up. If it's on the cheaper end, probably. Want to show support for mid-lower tier production value titles getting physical releases, and I like Bomberman. And I like that Bomberman isn't just dead.

But ever since that first Bomberman game I played (which, embarrassingly, wasn't until the Nintendo DS iteration (and that iteration was great fun. Still very fondly remember getting a spontaneous 8-player match going while waiting in line for the Wii.)), it feels like Bomberman is what it is and I don't really need more. Some of the titles seem charming (Switch version only slightly), but for the most part I'd just get a Bomberman game to have a multiplayer option at the ready.

zoku88

I haven't played a Bomberman game since the Genesis (if you don't count TI83 games) but remember loving it. I'm strangely hyped for this.

Top Bottom