• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Adventures comic book is finally getting reprint

Took them long enough

Super Mario Adventures, inspired by the bestselling Super Mario video game franchise, is a collection of comics that originally ran in Nintendo Power magazine in 1992-93. The peril-plagued Princess Toadstool is kidnapped by the diabolical deadbeat Bowser but super plumbers Mario and Luigi hatch a plan with their new friend Yoshi to rescue her. Are the Super Mario Bros' plans a pipe dream? Can they stop the Koopa King before he forces the Princess to be his bride?! Long out of print, this stunning, full-color graphic novel is now available once again!

Source: http://gonintendo.com/stories/262710-super-mario-adventures-comic-book-getting-reprint

You can also pre-order here for $10: http://www.tfaw.com/Graphic-Novels/Profile/Super-Mario-Adventures-GN___520355

TreIII

Hell yeah.

I was able to get the original edition of the Link to the Past manga, but couldn't acquire the Super Mario Adventures comic at the same time. Time to finally set that right!

Is that the one where peach dressed up as loogi
Yep

Co-w4d5VMAA-Rne.jpg:large

120v

funny because i was reading through those on the nintendo power archive thread the other day. probably the only good "adaptation" of mario we'll ever get, not that the world necessarily needs one

Meanwhile, the amazing Super Mario-Kun is still not getting an English release.

I have the books in French and have started a translation project with someone else one year and a half ago, but we've both had our share of inactivity so we still have not completed anything yet. Anyone interested? I take care of scanning & translating but I need someone to edit the pages and help with making the translation sound natural. PM me if you are interested.

L95

Cool, I have the original Nintendo power issues with this comic, but I'd love to have them in a book.

Davybot

Neo Member
oooo I've been waiting for them to finally rerelease this somehow. I'm getting on that pre-order asap.

I have my Super Mario Adventures book from my early childhood in great condition, but I want this reprint cover too. Few things make me more nostalgic than this comic.

cheez124

oh man, this is awesome! i remember really wanting to get super mario adventures as a kid, guess i finally have my chance

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, finally. I somehow got one waaaaaaay back when I was a kid & for the longest time, it seemed to be rather rate since it was hard to find info, let alone people actually selling it.

My friend will probably love this news. Should get around to getting that LttP comic they printed as well.

bounchfx

oh my fucking god yes. I used to have one and read it all the time. I let my friend read it when she visited my house once and I haven't seen it since. I could swear she would never take it but seriously have no fucking clue where it went after. Totally re-bought.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
holy crap, ebay is selling the first edition prints for like $75-$85, with Amazon having people listing freakin' $200+.

.................is it really worth THAT much? Either way, for $10, that is a great price. Once I move into my apartment & unpack, I'm totally gonna reread it.

Edit:
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS

Are they going to include the Wario comics?
I know the original prints had one Wario comic, but would be nice if both were included this time.

Calm Mind

I still have all the issues of Nintendo Power this was featured in. I also have the Super Metroid and Starfox comic issues as well.

Zubz

Banned
This was my favorite part of my dad having a Nintendo Power subscription, but he cancelled right when
Mario crashes the wedding
. I'm totally picking this up; it'll look nice next to my Link to the Past Compilation!

Oh boy, the copy we found as kids at a thrift store got water damaged, I have always wanted another copy of this and now I'm gonna have to get it

Whatever happened to these, though? Are these the same thing?

gb_no1_cover.jpg

smb_no2_cover.jpg

764630-ovncs1.jpg

("Hot Nintendo Action", lol)

I had some of these as a kid.

I've been checking online for this news every few months since the Zelda collection was released. Glad it's finally happening. Will also wait for Amazon pre-order.

carlos

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a different set of comics than this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0792455304/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've had this thing for many, many years (and another containing Captain N/Metroid/Etc.) and they're both quite entertaining. I was surprised at how well the humor holds up.

yup, the one you linked is the western one that has the "hot nintendo action" quote above. The OP was drawn in japan and serialized in nintendo power magazine

yup, the one you linked is the western one that has the "hot nintendo action" quote above. The OP was drawn in japan and serialized in nintendo power magazine

Gotcha. I didn't remember any of those stories from the book I have so I figured it was something entirely different.

Well, I'll be buying this new one regardless!

adj_noun

mEtXJ7S.jpg

I've always loved how this guy brags to his freaking pet rodent about getting Mario to the last boss only to die on purpose just to spite him.

I actually have the original collection of these but I can never fucking find it when I want to read it so I'll have to pick the reprint up at some point.

To anyone that hasn't read them and is curious: they are worth FAR more than $10. Skip a meal if you have to, these comics are fucking amazing. The art is wonderful and the story is hilarious, it is without a doubt worth $10. It's a steal at that price. I'd pay (and might have, originally) double that easily.

Xerotwo

I remember getting this at a Walmart many years back while it was in a pile of random video game magazines. Then I remember losing it and forgot it ever since. I think this is calling for me to own this once again!!

I remember getting this at a Walmart many years back while it was in a pile of random video game magazines. Then I remember losing it and forgot it ever since. I think this is calling for me to own this once again!!

Same. I had this and the very good link to the past one.

Both are great.

Andyliini

This was published in a local Nintendo Magazine in early 90's, along with A Link to the Past Manga. I remember they were quite brilliantly translated, even. We never got the entire series, as the magazine was axed during summer of 1994.

Will be looking into this.

Top Bottom