• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

stuminus3

Banned
I don't get it. If Mario Galaxy is the game of the forever, and there's another game of the forever, won't the paradox like... wipe us all out of existence?

I'm kinda scared.

BUT FUCKING YOSHI WILL MAKE IT ALL OK!

lethial

Reeeeeeee
While I enjoyed SMG, I was kind of hoping for a new Mario in well, the traditional Mario universe (yah yah yah mario 2d).

stuminus3

Banned
Oblivion said:
Wow, that music sucks.
What? Just a few bars of the original Mario Galaxy music and I literally peed all over my face.

The Mario Galaxy soundtrack is one of like 3 soundtracks ever that I actually listen to on my mp3 player at my leisure.

this guy said:
What the flying fuck is this?!
But it did suck imho.

During the conference I was already thinking of how horrible it sounded. Either you orchestrate it, or you use some accoustic instruments like a guitar or something, or you use midi-electronic sounding music.

But not WiiMusic-esque electronic 'orchestrated' stuff.

Don't see this as a troll please. I'm very excited for this game, and the melody of the music was awesome. The execution was just shitty imo.

Sharp

Souldriver said:
But it did suck imho.

During the conference I was already thinking of how horrible it sounded. Either you orchestrate it, or you use some accoustic instruments like a guitar or something, or you use midi-electronic sounding music.

Don't see this as a troll please. I'm very excited for this game, and the melody of the music was awesome. The execution was just shitty imo.
It's a work in progress... they're not going to orchestrate just one piece in time for the E3 trailer and then disband and reconvene in a year.

The marketers in here, no shame. I mean, really? You can at least try to make it a little less transparent.

By the way, SMG's trailers also featured synthesized music. It wasn't orchestrated until later.

this guy

Souldriver said:
But it did suck imho.

Well, as already mentioned, Super Mario Galaxy originally had midi music, nearly all of which was later changed to full orchestra music.

I'm sure that the same thing will happen for the sequel, especially after the wide praise that the soundtrack in the first received.

I still liked the music a lot :p

Chao said:
The music sounded like shitty Nintendo midis all over again.
Where's the orchestra!?
Waiting until the game is closer to release than 1.5 years and the music composition is finalized.
BikoBiko said:
So after seeing just one minute of footage people are declaring this is just some expansion pack? WTF.
GAF only cares about expansions when they're decade-old Zelda games taking forever to show up on Virtual Console.

Stunning news. A true 'sequel' in the Mario franchise, for the first time in a long time.

Not only that, a sequel to the best game in the entire franchise.

There's not much more I could be excited about in gaming today than a sequel to SMG.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The music was only similar to Gusty Garden in like the last 30%. the beginning was pretty awful and it doesn't help that it wasn't orchestrated.

Neomoto

2 main Mario's on 1 console at the same conference.. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck! Galaxy 2 looks fantastic. And then they showed of Metroid Another M and I almost passed out! When I don't expect anything from E3 this is what I get? :O Oh Hell yeah! I think Nintendo's first party output (Wii and DS) after the end of this generation will be unparraled.

Sharp said:
It's a work in progress... they're not going to orchestrate just one piece in time for the E3 trailer and then disband and reconvene in a year.
Sounds logical.

Lets just hope it actually gets orchestrated.

Souldriver said:
Sounds logical.

Lets just hope it actually gets orchestrated.

Of course it will.

Galaxy's soundtrack was hugely praised and a huge part of the experience. They're not going to downgrade.

camineet

Banned
Please bare with me for a moment so that I can express my *personal* gladness about Mario Galaxy 2, in a way that nobody else will.

1.) I am a SEGA fan, first and foremost

2.) of Sega's games, I love their ARCADE games, more than anything else, especially their Model 3 arcade games.

3.) I've never been much of a Nintendo fan, except for Pilotwings, Super Metroid, Pilotwings64, Zelda Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy/

4.) Mario Galaxy was the first Nintendo game that had the graphical quality that reminded me of Sega arcade games, because of the detail, COLOR and 60FPS FRAMERATE. I'm so thankful to EAD Tokyo for creating a graphics engine that impresses me, a Sega fan to the core.

5.) Mario Galaxy is easily the best internally-developed Nintendo game, EVER, in my honest & humble opinion.

6.) Mario Galaxy 2, sequel to my favorite Nintendo game with amazing Sega arcade-esque graphics, IMO. Nevermind it's SHEER BRILLIANT, FUN and ADDICTIVE groundbreaking gameplay, thanks to Miyamoto

7.) YAY, Mario Galaxy was the first of two games that saved Nintendo's E3 2009 conference.

8.) FUCK YES I CANNOT WAIT :D

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Looks good, I hope they have some really large environments in this one. My main gripe with the original was that their were only a couple big, epic platforming areas.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I'm very optimistic about this. Galaxy had plenty of new ideas that screamed for iteration.

Oblivion

Also, can't wait for the backlash around this game. It'll be the Mario version of Twilight Princess.

this guy

DjangoReinhardt said:
I'm very optimistic about this. Galaxy had plenty of new ideas that screamed for iteration.
I'm excited to find out what new ideas are being implemented in this game. When Miyamoto said that he felt that Super Mario Galaxy was too conservative, I was wondering just how crazy the next Mario game is going to be....

I guess I'll be finding out sooner than I thought. :D

justchris

Oh crap! They have the different color Yoshi's! I saw normal Green, Red & Blue! Haven't seen those since Super Mario World....unless they're just Yoshi specific power-ups, which are still pretty awesome, either way.

epmode

Hay Nintendo, Mario Galaxy was totally brilliant and stuff, but could you please make this one more difficult? More than just 3 levels, I mean.

Oblivion

Nuclear Muffin said:
What an incredible waste of development talent, Galaxy didn't need a sequel, least of all a direct sequel.

Poor EAD Tokyo, being milked dry like this...

LOL. I don't know exactly how to feel about SMG2. On the one hand, I fucking LOVED SMG, so more of it is certainly not a bad thing. On the other hand, having the game in the same galaxy (lol pun) as the original, I dunno. As someone who unlike GAF doesn't slit his wrists at something that's more of the same, I'm quite excited, but a part of me did want something different.

As for EAD Tokyo's talents being 'wasted', this is still at least 8 BILLION times better than say a sequel to a stupid drum based platformer. So yeah, could be worse.

Davey Cakes

People are actually complaining about Galaxy 2.

It's....mindboggling, to say the least. I almost feel at a loss for words.

What the hell is going on here? Have you all gone mad?

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
95.+Lisa+vs.+Malibu+Stacy.bmp

In actuality, this is exciting.

MisterHero

Rash said:

SPACE IS DISEASE AND DANGER WRAPPED IN DARKNESS AND SILENCE

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
justchris said:
Oh crap! They have the different color Yoshi's! I saw normal Green, Red & Blue! Haven't seen those since Super Mario World....unless they're just Yoshi specific power-ups, which are still pretty awesome, either way.

You missed out, Sunshine.

And maybe on a couple titles like Yoshi's Island and every spin off title. :D

camineet

Banned
Nintendo could've so easily never made a direct sequel to Galaxy, and it would've been a waste and a fucking shame because Galaxy is so SO Sooooooooo good. but Nintendo is doing exactly what I was hoping and dreaming they would do. GOOD ON YOU NINTENDO.

Eteric Rice

Guys, I'm kind of worried about Amir0x... I think he might be dead.

Anyway, I'm surprised at this one. It's not like Nintendo to do multiple Mario games in a single generation. But, a lot of other companies do this, while even reusing assets/engines, so I suppose it's only logical to use such a great engine again.

Also, YES FUCK YES!

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Rash said:

Why is it mindboggling? I've never understood this mindset here. While I don't agree that it's just an "expansion" it would of been nice to have a little bit more progression in the series. Sure Yoshi is in it and there are some new suits but is it really enough to have a huge wankfest just because it's Mario Galaxy 2?

Eteric Rice said:
Guys, I'm kind of worried about Amir0x... I think he might be dead.

Anyway, I'm surprised at this one. It's not like Nintendo to do multiple Mario games in a single generation. But, a lot of other companies do this, while even reusing assets/engines, so I suppose it's only logical to use such a great engine again.

Also, YES FUCK YES!
I'm kind of freaking out myself.

He's missing out on SMG2!

Top Bottom