• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

Haunted said:
Watched the trailer for the xth time. Still grinning.

This is going to be what Yoshi's Island was to Super Mario World, I can feel it.
Save for the fact YI had dramatically different stylistic elements than SMW. I think it's more like what Super Mario Bros. 2 (JPN) was to Super Mario Bros.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
ok, that's how i like my ejaculations served, nintendo - in a regular, timely fashion.

now get retro to do another prime for wiihd.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I wasn't even aware it was E3 until today, and I was almost in fucking tears when I stumbled on footage of Galaxy 2. Holy fucking shit. For me, this is automatically the best fucking thing that will come out of E3. I had no idea this was even in development. That video made me so fucking giddy. Best game Galaxy is still the best game I've played this generation, and there's nothing more I can ask for than more of the same.

Thank you, Nintendo. My wii has an inch of dust on it, but as long as you spit out a game like this every once in a while, I'll stick with you.

EDIT: My tag is occasionally accurate at times, this being one of those times.

Scrubking

3590767060_313dfc439c_o.gif

Busaiku

IGN's got an an interview with Reggie up.
They're aiming to make the game harder than the original, apparently.
IGN: You have a bit more insight on the development of Galaxy 2. What's the direction for the game? Do they really want to blow it out or will it be more of the same?

Reggie: What Mr. Miyamoto has shared is that if the first Galaxy was maybe more inviting in terms of all the audiences, what Galaxy 2 is going to be is maybe a little more Nintendo fan / harder gamer focused. A little tougher. The use of Yoshi makes it a little more challenging. We showed some of the snippets of some of the activities -- it's a bit more challenging. It's going to be, if you will, for more of that passionate Mario fan who grew up getting challenged with Super Mario World. It's going to be much more in that area.

From IGN's interview with Reggie:

IGN: You have a bit more insight on the development of Galaxy 2. What's the direction for the game? Do they really want to blow it out or will it be more of the same?

Reggie: What Mr. Miyamoto has shared is that if the first Galaxy was maybe more inviting in terms of all the audiences, what Galaxy 2 is going to be is maybe a little more Nintendo fan / harder gamer focused. A little tougher. The use of Yoshi makes it a little more challenging. We showed some of the snippets of some of the activities -- it's a bit more challenging. It's going to be, if you will, for more of that passionate Mario fan who grew up getting challenged with Super Mario World. It's going to be much more in that area.

edit: beaten!

Not really craving a harder 3d title. That's what purple coins/Luigi is for. I played the first one to enjoy it. I hope the NSMB game is harder than the ds version (wouldn't be hard to do) though.

mr.beers

laserbeam said:
He also suggest we could be in for a surprise at the Miyamoto event :eek:

IGN: You didn't show Pikmin 3, which is what we were expecting you to show. That kind of surprised us. Why not?

Reggie: Matt, we're all about surprises. We will show that game when it's ready. At the right time. Close to when it's going to be launched. It's not there yet. But Mr. Miyamoto still has his roundtable to do, so maybe you'll see. Maybe you might get that surprise after all.

Yes I know this is a mario thread but WOOOOOO!!

Amir0x

Banned

Fuck me yes.

Also, do you have to use Yoshi all the time?

Mantrid

Banned
slaughterking said:
I don't know if anyone already posted it, but I think it's appropriate to have that one outstanding Mario Galaxy tribute video in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOh968qao74

never seen that vid, perfectly edited and a fitting tribute to a beautiful game.

thank you for posting it.

my only gripe with the original was that I would have liked to see bigger planets, but it looks like they are addressing that in SMG2. Can't fucking wait!

You know what?
The phrase in the interview with Super mario World is the one that make me more EXCITE!!!

Yoshis, seesaws cutting wood.... That was Super Mario World.

Lets see if they bring the old Bowser castles back, with this awesome theme orchestrated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAuqowo5vA4

Ok, this is a remix, but you know what awesome theme I was talking about, gave me chills when I was smaller.

Did someone else notice that there is no theatral music in this trailer?!

If Nintendo goes back to midi, it will be the biggest dissappointment ever!

Frencherman said:
Did someone else notice that there is no theatral music in this trailer?!

If Nintendo goes back to midi, it will be the biggest dissappointment ever!

Once again - of course it will be orchestrated. The game's just early, that's all.

Galaxy had midi in its early days too.

TreIII

AzureJericho said:
Oh my God, yes. So happy right now. :lol

More challenging levels = How do I pay Nintendo now for my copy?

Yes!

I want to see them go CRAZY with level design this time. It always seemed like they were some how "holding themselves back", back in the original.

Amir0x said:
oh god think of all the amazing orchestrated tracks there will be this time

Yeah, this too. :lol

DeBurgo

Busaiku said:
IGN's got an an interview with Reggie up.
They're aiming to make the game harder than the original, apparently.
it's really weird that he brings up SMW because I'm pretty sure SMW is just as easy as SMG, if not easier.

In fact, really, the difficulty level of the games has stayed more or less constant since SMW. SMB3 was probably the last one that could be considered challenging in any way.

DeBurgo said:
it's really weird that he brings up SMW because I'm pretty sure SMW is just as easy as SMG, if not easier.

In fact, really, the difficulty level of the games has stayed more or less constant since SMW. SMB3 was probably the last one that could be considered challenging in any way.

I thought those bonus star levels in SMW were hell. Easily some of the hardest levels in 2D Mario -- not counting Lost Levels.

legend166

I only just noticed this, everyone else already has but for idiots like me:

You control Yoshi's tongue with the IR pointer.

So good. That's the worrying thing with Yoshi in 3D, but that will resolve it. Awesome.

legend166 said:
I only just noticed this, everyone else already has but for idiots like me:

You control Yoshi's tongue with the IR pointer.

So good. That's the worrying thing with Yoshi in 3D, but that will resolve it. Awesome.

Yeah, yoshi's tongue seems to be used a lot like the star-to-star IR parts of SMG, but with gravity and momentum. Awesome.

This trailer/game is nothing but awesome. Perfection.

AzureJericho said:
Avatar change due to the news. If only I had Photoshop to do this one some justice though.
I was going to ask someone to make a Pikatroid vers of my ava but I think Pikario would be better.:D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Delicious.

Dubble

Considering we've got the airships back again, and New SMB Wii confirmed the return of the Koopa Kids to Mario console games, anybody else hoping and wishing that they'll show up as bosses in Galaxy 2?

Gawd, I think that would just make an already great game even better. :lol

The only way this game can get any better assuming they make it harder is by re-adding in the cape or the raccoon tail for flying.

Flying + firepower would be awesome.

mclem

I think this might be part of a really really smart marketing ploy by Nintendo, and one that has pretty huge ramifications for all the "casual lol" side of things. One title that's arguably accessible by casuals (as shown by it's phenomenal continuing sales) but definitely a nice 'gateway drug' to more classical-style content is the original DS New Super Mario Bros. Bringing that particular facet of the Mario franchise onto the Wii means there's now a nice little gateway drug now available on the home console. And after the gateway drug, some people might be wanting to go onto the harder stuff... at which point the media blitz for SMG2 and a careful reminder that SMG1 is still available (and probably Player's Choice by then if it's not already).

A guy can but dream.

Fredescu

Reggie said:
This just keeps getting better and better.

I can't believe we have a 2D co-op Mario to tide us over until this comes out too. Amazing. I am amazed.

Dubble said:
Considering we've got the airships back again, and New SMB Wii confirmed the return of the Koopa Kids to Mario console games, anybody else hoping and wishing that they'll show up as bosses in Galaxy 2?

Gawd, I think that would just make an already great game even better. :lol

YES SIR!

I reaaly hope they have said. look, one of the things that the perfect mario galaxy didnt had but all the people wanted was the Koopa Kids. Why we dont add them in this.
HELL! Why we dont add them in both NSMBW and galaxy 2!?

And then I shit my pants.

Seeing the koopalings in incredible 3D with awesome animation could probably be epic!

Hell, maybe Tatanga appears this time!

Top Bottom