• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Ordered from Nintendo UK online store and my order has been saying it has been at the local service centre since 0844. I'm getting worried I won't get it today. Also, they're delivering to my work address so if they deliver it tomorrow I'll miss it. Not happy.

eXistor

Just as I feared, most levels are just utter trash right now. Very curious to see what future levels are gonna bring, I'm sure overall there's gonna be more enough awesome levels to try though.

Kinsei

Banned
Just a heads up if you're in Canada Walmart has the modern 3oth anniversary Mario available separate from the console bundle.

Teknoman

My first attempt at a level. It's not much, but I don't have most of the tools unlocked and it's 3:30 in the morning, so whatever.

Koopa Kavern: EEDE-0000-0013-2634. Cheers.

Well this is a little awkward posting right after Coketruck...

First level here: Koopa Troopa Cavern.

611A-0000-0013-2A9D

Some notes about the level:

Tried to make a medium-difficulty Mario level while learning the editor.
Beginner friendly so that the entire level can be beaten without using the run button.
Included an optional speed-run route for expert players. Can you beat the level in 15 seconds?
Used the first day items almost exclusively.
Focused on a single enemy type and its variations.

Enjoy!

Finally unlocked Super Mario World and made a level to express my love for the cape. Time to call it quits for the night.

Definitely gonna play some gaf levels tomorrow. Here's what I came up with in a few hours. 7D06-0000-0013-3B3C

The Cave. DE81-0000-0013-57E1

My first attempt. Not sure whether it's good or not! Ahaha, this is so crazy fun.

Quoting so I can remember after sleep lol.

Anyone gonna get that GAF spreadsheet ready? At least then we can follow people instead of checking for each level code.

nubbe

Quoting so I can remember after sleep lol.

Anyone gonna get that GAF spreadsheet ready? At least then we can follow people instead of checking for each level code.

you can make the creator a favorite when you play the level and see all their stuff

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
New level uploaded
"Sottosopra o sottosotto?"
ID: 661F-0000-0013-DF3F

Again, I hope to see your feedback.

massoluk

Banned
Uh, this may sound like a stupid question, is the mario trail path supposed to be unlocked also? I don't see the mario icon in the manual in my edit mode.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a shortcut for moving between pages of items? I hoped dpad up/down would do it, but that just moves Mario.min create mode that seems redundant and using the dpad could have given us four shortcuts. Eg up/down=change page of items, left= undo

Made my first course, give it a go and let me know what you think. I barley have any though, I would have preferred more decorations and more spiky things

Mr Heli - 6756-0000-0014-3B05

Off to try a bunch of your levels now :)

Does this game have level design tutorials? Not super dumb stuff like how to place an object but in the vein of actual creative level design and tips around that.

Dinjoralo

I made my first course! It's really short, but I don't have a lot of time this morning.
Course ID for "Get along with the hops" is E3E8-0000-0014-03B0

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Does this game have level design tutorials? Not super dumb stuff like how to place an object but in the vein of actual creative level design and tips around that.

my question is in the same vein....

I've never been big into level editors, but I'm a massive sucker for mario. Is this game worth a purchase if I'm probably going to say... mess with a level editor, make something that sucks and then give up?

I guess, is their single player content enough that if you are not particularly interested in designing levels total sandbox style this will still be fun?

apologies if this has been asked to death, I just got my first child in the last days and haven't been looking at media for this... I need something to do instead of sleeping now you see...

japtor

My first course: Jump up and up. Then get down.
9B36-0000-0013-A13A

Hopefully not too simple or tricky or short
and there's at least one particular part you can skip to make it shorter
. Tried to do the whole basic concept then elaborate thing, not sure how well I did though.

Simbabbad

They really need to update the way Piranha Plants in pipes are set up. The way it is currently, they get out of the pipe for the first time when you're about to go on, under or next to it. They should be out when they appear, so you understand right away the pipe has some hazard in it.

As it is now, you basically have to pause in front of every pipe to be sure you won't get killed. When you design levels, that obliges you to be careful that the player understands this is a hazard area (making them pause to grab coins for example).

Also, what's with bugs when stuff appears? I created a zone with four winged Koopas, and when I play the level, sometimes I see four, sometimes I see two, and most times I see only three. I also had Piranha Plants get stuck in trampolines when I designed them to be two blocks above! I hope this gets fixed.

colinp

Banned
My first course: Jump up and up. Then get down.
9B36-0000-0013-A13A

Hopefully not too simple or tricky or short
and there's at least one particular part you can skip to make it shorter
. Tried to do the whole basic concept then elaborate thing, not sure how well I did though.

Interesting! Thought it was a bit tricky, especially the perfectly timed jumps at the end. Though mastering that took less time than those damn sideways jumping things. ;)

So I got my first prompt about new tools coming...Saturday. I have the patch. I thought they got rid of the 9 day crap

I've seen enough of these posts that I'm gonna just say eff the patch and do the calander trick offline like I originally planned. Likely way faster.

RanoNL

Just finished my very first level with the beginner set + first upgrade (with the spikeys). I tried to create a level that's fun and balanced. Not too easy, not too hard. Sometimes it's beneficial to be large Mario and sometimes not. It's fairly easy to finish. But the real completionist wants to make sure he/she collects the 3 1-up mushrooms ;)

Code and preview:

4164-0000-0013-E3C9

fKvxkhi.jpg

After a sleepless night in anticipation, I'm heading to the store to pick up my copy now! And hopefully get my hands on the 30th Anniversary amiibo. Can't wait to start playing!!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
game of the forever

going to let my six year old torture me with his creations today

or maybe the other way around

muhaha

I made a level, it's not very good, but I tired damn it.

Requires a fair amount of bouncing off enemies and wall jumping

C55D-0000-0014-44DO

Now to play all of gafs levels, don't let me down.

Just finished my very first level with the beginner set + first upgrade (with the spikeys). I tried to create a level that's fun and balanced. Not too easy, not too hard. Sometimes it's beneficial to be large Mario and sometimes not. It's fairly easy to finish. But the real completionist wants to make sure he/she collects the 3 1-up mushrooms ;)

Code and preview:

4164-0000-0013-E3C9

fKvxkhi.jpg

Looks pretty solid. I'll give it a go later on.

KooopaKid

Banned
We need a way to get feedback easily. The easiest would be to leave a comment after beating the level directly in the game and mentionning you're from GAF no?

Cob32

Does anyone else really struggle getting original smb Mario into tiny 1 block gaps? I just skip any level that has this included now.

Top Bottom