• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Forkball

Got four sets so far. You have to wait five minutes to initiate the delivery, but after that it only takes less than a minute of block spamming to speed it up.

Dragoshi1

Bought and downloading now via Amazon, wanted to give their new service a try, and it works great.

Then it's the slow grind until I unlock SMW theme and Yoshi.

EDIT: Or FASTER grind? Update for that 9 day thing being reduced is a godsend, I might be able to Yoshi down today.

cyba89

I wish the game would show the level code under the stage name in 100 Mario Mode.
When I watch someone play a cool level on Youtube or twitch I am not able to find that level in the game to play it for myself, right? You could search the creator on miiverse, but that's not possible if the creator is japanese.

ika

This is my first try with a level, it's somewhat simple, but has its secrets :)
I hope you like it.

Do we have a plan to make a special thread for level sharing?

Name: Two Ways V1.1
Creator NNID: ikari-kun
Level ID: 7B52-0000-0015-7472
Miiverse link

Forkball

Wait, so how exactly does it work?

Play for five minutes (you may have to use all the tools you have) and you will get an alert saying the delivery will arrive on 9/12. However, if you keep playing after that notice, you will get an alert saying they were delivered early and you get them immediately. Use those new items for five or so minutes and the process repeats. After you get the alert about the truck coming, what you can do is fill your level with the maximum amount of blocks (just make the level huge and draw block squiggles). When you reach the block cap, it should immediately unlock the items.

The only finicky thing is making the making the truck appear in the first place. Sometimes it takes longer than five minutes for some reason. But yes, you can get all the items today. I just got the Super Mario World and Ghost House.

KeRaSh

So I've spent the whole morning working on my first level while unlocking everything. Just uploaded it. Nothing fancy. Just simple spelunking. Stole an idea from the Treehouse stream and worked it into my original idea for the level. Be gentle!

Goomba's Kave
Course ID: 610A-0000-0014-5423

Play for five minutes (you may have to use all the tools you have) and you will get an alert saying the delivery will arrive on 9/12. However, if you keep playing after that notice, you will get an alert saying they were delivered early and you get them immediately. Use those new items for five or so minutes and the process repeats. After you get the alert about the truck coming, what you can do is fill your level with the maximum amount of blocks (just make the level huge and draw block squiggles). When you reach the block cap, it should immediately unlock the items.

The only finicky thing is making the making the truck appear in the first place. Sometimes it takes longer than five minutes for some reason. But yes, you can get all the items today. I just got the Super Mario World and Ghost House.

For each new shipment, do you need to use each piece? Sounds easy.

massoluk

Banned
WVW69iX4hE0rfG3-mJ

(A640-0000-0014-50D7)

Proof of concept stage, stage of falling platforms and shortcut. The full fledge version will have to wait until I got all the tools and the time this weekend :\

KooopaKid

Banned
So I've spent the whole morning working on my first level while unlocking everything. Just uploaded it. Nothing fancy. Just simple spelunking. Stole an idea from the Treehouse stream and worked it into my original idea for the level. Be gentle!

I'll have a look later!

TheJoRu

WVW69iX4rPwissuRrp

A level about trampolines! Apart from a star and 1-Up it is made from purely starter assets. Not overly difficult, but as always with trampolines fun and unexpected things will happen!

C315-0000-0014-673D

B_Bech

Just made my first stage. I challenged myself to only use the tools they give you right at the bat. It's a small stage but has a little puzzle to it to give it a bit of length and challenge.

Give it a try!

9C44-0000-0014-7867

daydream

Banned
been playing a lot of gaffer levels and following you guys

WVW69iX4rPwissuRrp

A level about trampolines! Apart from a star and 1-Up it is made from purely starter assets. Not overly difficult, but as always with trampolines fun and unexpected things will happen!

C315-0000-0014-673D

fun level, you could even make it a bit longer if you wanted!

My copy just arrived in work. It's going to make the next 2 hours go very slow. I had a quick look at the box and art book. I didn't realise I was getting a book with the game so that was a nice surprise.

Kjellson

Can you change the hand cursor on the TV screen from a human hand to another one? I saw it on Gamexplain some time ago but but I can only see Mario's glove on the GamePad and the hand on the TV.

TheJoRu

Just made my first stage. I challenged myself to only use the tools they give you right at the bat. It's a small stage but has a little puzzle to it to give it a bit of length and challenge.

Give it a try!

9C44-0000-0014-7867

Just played it, very nice. Good amount of details, and some interesting sections.

I forgot to star it (sorry :( ), is there any way to do it afterwards if you've completed it?

fun level, you could even make it a bit longer if you wanted!

Thanks, was my first one so glad you liked it. Agreed, could be longer. There are lots to do with trampolines/springs. Now that I feel I have got a hang of how the interface works I'll do some longer stuff.

Coketruck

Second (and slightly harder level): Cloudy with a Chance of Spinies. CF63-0000-0014-2AD6.

Also, I know it's still (very) early, but I'm really not impressed with the levels I've played so far. I went through the 100 Mario Challenge a couple of times, and nearly all of them were troll levels. Giant enemies popping out of every ? block, blind jumps into thin air, huge groups of enemies/hazards... No fun at all. Hopefully, after a few weeks, enough people will get involved that those will start being thinned out.

for the love of god use anything but the NSMBU style
aaaah.gif
The problem is SMB3 skin is Set 5 and SMW Set 6.
I got everything unlocked now, which is great. Can you download the 10 course levels? I am struggling to make a P-Switch stage.
Edit: Found it, tap My Courses on Course Bot.

Stobie

Neo Member
This is the level I made today. 6D96-0000-0014-998F
I attempted remaking the first level from Yoshi's Island using Super Mario Bros. and the yoshi costume.

I made a wall jump level. What's a normal completion rate? I think 1 / 26 people have finished it so IDK if it's harder than I though

64C0-0000-0012-A58E

daydream

Banned
Can you change the hand cursor on the TV screen from a human hand to another one? I saw it on Gamexplain some time ago but but I can only see Mario's glove on the GamePad and the hand on the TV.

you can! press in the left or right stick to cycle through the hands

Chebico

Neo Member
I'm gona go through and do a few of all your levels soon!

Here's my first level..
Leaps of Death! 1 - 2C0D-0000-0014-A5DA

Its a very small section 20 sec timer with just a few tricky jumps.
I'd rank it a medium at most.

Top Bottom