• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Okay, I'm going to be doing an impromptu livestream of GAF levels on YouTube in about 10 minutes (about 5:45 PST): https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCOJxUXjPOko_0_IeY0Sy1zw/live

I'll be playing SMM levels under the rules of Xtakill.
The rules are simple: I play your level until I beat it, lose 10 lives, or lose 10 minutes. Whichever comes first. Then I move on.

If you want to have your level on the stream, please quote this post with ONE code for a level you want me to play.

This will be my first "public" stream so if you watch, be gentle GAF XD

Hopefully, I'm not too late

Name: Sottoterra, a vostra scelta
ID:D434-0000-0070-D8A6
Brief description: Pick your poison: A or B? Two paths, two ways to reach the pole...not the top, though. What's with that blocks? Maybe a secret path that leads to the top of the pole awaits to be played?!?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I'm going to be doing an impromptu livestream of GAF levels on YouTube in about 10 minutes (about 5:45 PST): https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCOJxUXjPOko_0_IeY0Sy1zw/live

The rules are simple: I play your level until I beat it, lose 10 lives, or lose 10 minutes. Whichever comes first. Then I move on.

If you want to have your level on the stream, please quote this post with ONE code for a level you want me to play.

I've got a level in mind but I'm pretty certain you wouldn't make it past the first set of obstacles in 10 lives, let alone the entire level, so I might just watch you play others.

Not a shot at your platforming skills lol

Oh are you done already?

AniHawk

a gozer the gozerian dilemma
cee1-000-0064-317f

(i don't think you've gone through this one yet?)

Teppic

Try my (easy?) troll level. Trust Nothing - 415D-0000-0066-0D40

beta_fuse

Try mine! It's tough so I tip my hat to you if you beat it in 10 tries.

E66E-0000-0072-9FC0

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ashley's Adventure II
C95C 0000 005A FB96

Sounds like fun. Can we watch it after the fact as well?

Seconded. I can't watch it right now unfortunately (it's 3:00 AM in Italy, just came back home, time to sleep).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Let me throw out another one:

Light My Fire (D19C-0000-0072-7969)

WVW69ibX12ckbH6251

Taramoor

I made this thing:

0495-0000-0072-2200

It's not particularly hard, and the boss fight at the end is not what I wanted, since Thwomp's don't return to their tracks, but I mostly wanted it for the ending moment because I'm silly like that.

"Chomp Chomp Romp"
Fairly difficult apparently
C03C-0000-005E-893F

RagnarokX

I really wish you could update already uploaded courses in this game. This should be the last time I update this course:

9dXYeIfl.jpg

Boo's Plumbing Nightmare ver 3.0 (C979-0000-0073-3C8B)

Changes:
  • Edited a few places where some people got stuck.
  • Made things a little bit clearer.
  • Fixed the checkpoint since 2 codes were working.
  • Fixed a sequence break involving the checkpoint.

For those that played it before the passcode is

Enjoy :D

B_Bech

Good, but horrendously difficult. The lack of checkpoints really kills a level like this.

Well, you can cheese the hard parts with the power ups. It's meant to be played over and over until you learn how to beat each boss. This is one stage where I DON'T want checkpoints, believe it or not. Liken it to the True Arena in Kirby Super Star Deluxe. Painfully hard, but very possible.
Use the star on Bowser Jr and use the Tanooki to break the blocks and run from Dracula. The rest is pretty easy once you learn each boss.

urfe

Thanks for playing mine (Ashley's Adventures). I can't seem to figure out how to comment in the stream. You chose the shortest route and there's multiple paths. I probably should've made that route you chose a little longer!

RagnarokX

I dunno if you've played past versions, but I'd be happy if you gave Boo's Plumbing Nightmare ver 3.0 a shot!

Boo's Plumbing Nightmare ver 3.0 (C979-0000-0073-3C8B)

If you are still taking submissions:

GroundSquidDay: 82AA-0000-003D-9F3E

Pad Kee Ow
1A55-0000-0073-6377

Birdhouse in your soul
F118-0000-006D-E87E

I've hit my upload limit and only have 20 stars. I need 30 more to upload more.

IceMarker

Ghostly Carnival 34B4-0000-005A-EA72

Posted this before but I painstakingly remade 1-1 down to the exact block and coin placement but added Giant mushrooms instead of regular ones to make what I call 1-1 Rampage! It's super simple and easy but it's way more fun than it has any right to be. I'll post the info below.
1-1 Rampage DA8D-0000-0072-6C88
WVW69ibXtEweW-P1m0

The main purpose of this post though is that I have about 30 minutes to kill, so in the famed words of the floating heads from Rick and Morty, "Show me what you've got". Blow my mind with some badass levels, guys.

vikki

I've created a semi challenging stage and i'd like some Gaf input, suggestions and stuff, on how they think I should edit the stage. I spent a decent amount of time coming up with the challenges and I really just tried to make it so no one can skip through certain parts of the stage. I'd like the stage to be a little more aesthetically pleasing and I want the stage to feel somewhat cohesive, so if you can, give the stage a shot and give me a little feedback.

Mario's Frustrating Adventure

5NZNEWI.jpg

ID: 41FE-0000-0072-79B1

braves01

Banned
If people are looking for stars and very brief feedback, I'll probably be playing for the next 45 mins.

---

Also, reposting my most recent level just 'cause.
I too need stars

WVW69ia9SKABllFs__

If people are looking for stars and very brief feedback, I'll probably be playing for the next 45 mins.

---

I too need stars

WVW69ia9SKABllFs__

It's a little older but I always like to get people to check out my Wario Land inspired ghost house, Wario's Mystery Mansion and it's highly anticipated (by all 8 people that starred it...) sequel, cleverly titled Wario's Mystery Mansion 2. Any feedback would be awesome! I'm checking your level out as we speak :)
Wario's Mystery Mansion - 5984-0000-003F-1AA7
Wario's Mystery Mansion 2 - 4792-0000-0048-C869

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

---

I too need stars

WVW69ia9SKABllFs__

Flappy Mario
C6CA-0000-005A-B5AD

Got the main underwater stage and also a secret stage with pure platforming. Please have fun and let me know what you think about the stage :)

Endy MacK

So many levels to play, so little time. I'm making a list of levels I want to try eventually, but there's probably a lot of good levels I haven't added from this thread. I also wish more people would write their code in text so I can copy it into the text file.

Getting stars seems to be a bit harder now with more levels out there, but I got to 50 stars and I'm happy about that. I'm not sure if I'm going to make more than 20 levels. Feels like I'm kind of out of ideas already. I just hope I get enough stars on the levels I have so they wont get deleted :p

My levels so far: (from newest to oldest)

Trust Nothing
415D-0000-0066-0D40

Bob-omb Hills 1-3
3AB5-0000-005D-BDBD

It's a Bonus Level
93E8-0000-002E-45A0

P.T.
367C-0000-002C-C9A0

Beetle Cave 1-2
F168-0000-001F-74A1

Green Plains 1-1
97DC-0000-0017-D718

Played and starred them all. Nice job :)

My favourites were the more classic ones: Beetle Cave and Green Plains. Although, I got a few chuckles out of Trust Nothing; that was very clever!

I did the 100 Mario maker challenge and got one level called "don't touch anything" and the course was set up so that you were pushed and bounced automatically to the end of the level without having to hit anything. Another funny level was like HARDEST BOSS EVER!! and the course was long and empty until the end bridge where it was a lone goomba.

jnWake

New level!

1-3 Mystery of the Dry Lake: 1535-0000-0073-B24C.

After defeating commander Hammer Bro, Mario heads towards Bowser's fortress. First he must cross Mushroom Lake but, to his surprise, it has dried up... or has it not?

In this level, you enter Mushroom Lake, but it doesn't look like much of a lake really:

However, a nearby switch completely changes its look:

Essentially, the level is a platforming/swimming mix where some obstacles are only passable while swimming and others only passable while walking. Noticing the differences between the sections with water and without is key to clearing the level, although I didn't make it hard to figure out what to do haha. Some jumps are tricky though.

If you like this, you could try the 2 "prequels":

1-1: Rescue Mushroom Town: 1D4B-0000-0053-C672.
1-2: Clash on Mushroom Bridge: E3EA-0000-005F-2827.

Endy MacK

I've created a semi challenging stage and i'd like some Gaf input, suggestions and stuff, on how they think I should edit the stage. I spent a decent amount of time coming up with the challenges and I really just tried to make it so no one can skip through certain parts of the stage. I'd like the stage to be a little more aesthetically pleasing and I want the stage to feel somewhat cohesive, so if you can, give the stage a shot and give me a little feedback.

Mario's Frustrating Adventure

5NZNEWI.jpg

ID: 41FE-0000-0072-79B1

Was having fun progressing past the hammer bros. (the course looks really nice). I have no clue what to do at those clouds, though. I quit this "frustrating adventure" out of frustration. Sorry dude!

braves01

Banned
It's a little older but I always like to get people to check out my Wario Land inspired ghost house, Wario's Mystery Mansion and it's highly anticipated (by all 8 people that starred it...) sequel, cleverly titled Wario's Mystery Mansion 2. Any feedback would be awesome! I'm checking your level out as we speak :)
Wario's Mystery Mansion - 5984-0000-003F-1AA7
Wario's Mystery Mansion 2 - 4792-0000-0048-C869

I played both your levels. It took me a really long time to find the hidden blocks in the 1st, which is on me. I just didn't really consider going back through the pipe I fell from right away. Once I got past that hurdle and caught on to how your levels used the P switches, I moved more quickly. Overall I thought you did a good job of making a "puzzle" level that required some thought beyond holding b+right, but that wasn't abusive. Most of the time with these kinds of levels in 100 mario challenge, wrong doors and pipes just drop you into a pit or lava. With yours, I thought you placed powerups well so I was never better off just re-starting the level which is a good thing.

Flappy Mario
C6CA-0000-005A-B5AD

Got the main underwater stage and also a secret stage with pure platforming. Please have fun and let me know what you think about the stage :)

I only beat your level going the main way. I got really close to the end my first try, but died. I noticed the pipe behind the goal and figured there was a secret exit somewhere. I thought that and the coins on the pipe to the subworld were good ways to clue people in. I found the hidden area more difficult than just dodging spikes and fish, so just beat it the normal way. I thought you spaced out P blocks in the hidden area well so I didn't have to keep running back places or give up if I failed to run through the coins in time.

NetMapel

I only beat your level going the main way. I got really close to the end my first try, but died. I noticed the pipe behind the goal and figured there was a secret exit somewhere. I thought that and the coins on the pipe to the subworld were good ways to clue people in. I found the hidden area more difficult than just dodging spikes and fish, so just beat it the normal way. I thought you spaced out P blocks in the hidden area well so I didn't have to keep running back places or give up if I failed to run through the coins in time.

Haha thank you for your attempts and feedback. I really appreciate it. I generally like the idea of making a level that has an easy and hard path so it's accessible to all. I've put that same methodology in my Introduction Remix as well. So yeah, I'm glad you're able to finish the level in one of my intended way !

braves01

Banned
Haha thank you for your attempts and feedback. I really appreciate it. I generally like the idea of making a level that has an easy and hard path so it's accessible to all. I've put that same methodology in my Introduction Remix as well. So yeah, I'm glad you're able to finish the level in one of my intended way !

I just went the hidden way, too. Is it necessary to hit the P switches in the flappy Mario part? I hit them as I went but it seems like you you could make it through without doing that.

NetMapel

I just went the hidden way, too. Is it necessary to hit the P switches in the flappy Mario part? I hit them as I went but it seems like you you could make it through without doing that.

Absolutely not. It's just some nice free coins for the player :)

vikki

Was having fun progressing past the hammer bros. (the course looks really nice). I have no clue what to do at those clouds, though. I quit this "frustrating adventure" out of frustration. Sorry dude!

That may be the most difficult part. It's hard to predict what exactly the clouds are going to do, but depending on which direction Mario is facing/moving changes how they fly. Once you have an idea on how they will move, you can spinjump across, bouncing off their spikes, until you meet a safer bird.

Man, I really hate playing a stage in 100 Mario and really liking it, and thinking it's well designed and then it just takes a nose dive into enemy spam and blind jumps.

Really, it ends up just seeming like the person didn't think their stage had enough so they decide to make an entire second sub level that has all the poor things that make bad levels bad, while just ending it at the end of the good, well designed part, would have been just fine.

Memles

I started this level back when I first got the game, thinking it made sense as a way to use the sub-level feature I'd yet to unlock, but I never got around to finishing it. Today, my fridge broke, so I decided to bring it to completion.

In case you need context, you can check out some of the inspiration here. Curious to hear how it plays as a level, independent of my recreation of a 1980s kids series. I feel it's what I wanted to accomplish on that front, at the very least.

CP4bRBtWEAAKy4Z.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
Tried to make a level with some basic narrative. It's also my longest level so far, though it's not *that* long. Difficulty may be just a little bit above average, but I'm hoping I sprinkled enough mushrooms around to account for basic player mistakes. Let me know what you guys think, and of course stars are more than welcome :D

Rescue the Koopa Miners:

WVW69ibcyBwVR_AYED

Are you a bad enough dude to venture into the mole-controlled mines and rescue the trapped Koopas?

Level Code: [ 5F20-0000-0073-EEC4 ]

R00bot

My newest level, The Underground Lair.

Really fun level in my opinion, a bit on the tricky side but nothing cheap.

FF8B-0000-0073-969E

WVW69ibbFf8dXc47sd

Since there's a lot more levels being posted than played in here, maybe we should play a level and leave feedback for it every time we post one of our own?

Watched my brother play this level and it was the best level ive seen so far:

A096-0000-0065-59DD

Designed to look like a pirate ship, but is functional too! Has masts and different room and floors and of course canons! Asthetically pleasing, challenging but not frusterating or unfair. Wish there were more levels like this.

A reminder to please try my new level! I worked on it all week XD

D5SVDJ5.png

Since there's a lot more levels being posted than played in here, maybe we should play a level and leave feedback for it every time we post one of our own?

This is partly why I've started livestreaming.
But then I've only posted one level a week and I've played and commented on many levels.

Top Bottom