• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Jagsrock

Banned
Screenshot_2015_09_27_00_41_45_1.jpg

Not really difficult.. The real challenge is to see how fast you can clear it :p.

I played both your levels. It took me a really long time to find the hidden blocks in the 1st, which is on me. I just didn't really consider going back through the pipe I fell from right away. Once I got past that hurdle and caught on to how your levels used the P switches, I moved more quickly. Overall I thought you did a good job of making a "puzzle" level that required some thought beyond holding b+right, but that wasn't abusive. Most of the time with these kinds of levels in 100 mario challenge, wrong doors and pipes just drop you into a pit or lava. With yours, I thought you placed powerups well so I was never better off just re-starting the level which is a good thing.

Thanks for the feedback! Really tried to emulate the puzzles you get from a Wario Land game but it's hard to do with the limited toolset the game gives you. Glad to see that I succeeded still :)

I loved your level but I just couldn't beat it haha. I'd chalk that up to a lack of skill on my part more than anything. Really well designed and screen smashingly hard.

I make one level before bed when I can. The ones I've submitted so far. I'm not the best, but I think my levels are fun :) Would love for anyone to check them out.

THE DANKS: 6B7C-0000-0064-4784
BRIGGTOWN: 17C8-0000-006A-E858
DON'T BE SHY: A146-0000-006A-E9F9
JAMBI: 050F-0000-006B-0F69
RAGER: 37CF-0000-0064-4A13
CHUNNEL: 079F-0000-0064-46F5
AIRWALK: AD01-0000-0064-47AC

braves01

Banned
If you want a bit of challenge.

Bowser's Sweet Cake Castle

AC89-0000-0074-14C0

I think the challenge level is good. The only part I didn't like was the end. Dying from double stacked bowsers and a chain chomp cannon after a fairly long level would be enough to make me skip if I were doing 100 Mario challenge.

---

I'm done for tonight. Good levels everyone.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Hey guys,

I've been thinking and building this level all day. (Sadly enough..)

I started the level with one idea: You can't die.

It was my goal to make a challenging level where you can't die. It has platforming challenge and puzzles. I tried to make it feel like a "world" you had to traverse.

The goal is clear right when you start the level - Save Yoshi!

RpeSJVE.jpg

Save Yoshi - Puzzle (57A9-0000-0074-2AEE)

Seiniyta

That's a good idea.

It's what I sorta did with Goomba 1-3 and It's pretty successful. Though I didn't expect this many people that played it/starred/left comment.

Goomba 1-3: 4A72-0000-0041-25FC

Difficulty: Easy-medium

Whoever plays this level will get a visit from me tot their uploaded levels and will give them a shot and star them :)

You can leave a comment on miiverse or here so I know you're from Neogaf!

The only thing I'd change is if you like the level and star it. Leave a comment on miiverse saying something so I know it's from Neogaf, just having a reply with just "Neogaf" would suffice. As I feel like stages that get starred more get played more and get more stars and I don't know who's from Neogaf and who isn't.

The Giant

Banned
I think the challenge level is good. The only part I didn't like was the end. Dying from double stacked bowsers and a chain chomp cannon after a fairly long level would be enough to make me skip if I were doing 100 Mario challenge.

---

I'm done for tonight. Good levels everyone.

oops forgot to remove that chain chomp.

Made another music level!

6qn5XTY.png

The ID is A1FD-0000-0074-2C65

I did some new things with this one. It's in two parts, and you can repeat it if you like! Also there is some weird stuff going on in time with the music.

It's tough to make a music level repeatable...if you use powerups as instruments, a chunk of them just disappear after the first run. Generally ones at the start of the level. I have no idea why. You can see that here, there are some stars that play a few notes near the start and they're not there the next time around. Oh well...I just used mostly enemies instead.

VandalD

Kick the shell. Follow the shell. You'll need it.

Follow That Shell!
7D40-0000-0074-487F

WVW69ibd1DwBX200Cq

I'll play some levels here and post replies in a bit. Need a break after spending a bunch of time making and testing this level.

GKFinns

ABA5-0000-006E-CEC7

This is my first post about SMM on neoGAF. So far no one has beat it.

I wouldn't say it's too terribly hard, it just requires a lot of skill in the realm of wall jumping. I'm really proud of it.

Neki

Hey guys, finished my second Rosalina map!

Rosalina and the Floating Towers
BBB0-0000-0074-53B1

Nz9y86Q.jpg

Rosalina learns of a secret flying tower that is powered by imprisoned stars. She must free the stars and defeat whoever is behind this wicked scheme.

Any feedback is welcome!

Ketch

There's a lot of really trash levels out there. Is 100 Mario challenge totally random? Should I just bump it up to expert or something?

JoeM86

Really annoys me when a level starts and there's an enemy right on top of you, or a spring that pushes you down a hole. Seems to be a common mechanic with Japanese players. You have to know what's coming and run to the left to avoid it.

ChrisD

Really annoys me when a level starts and there's an enemy right on top of you, or a spring that pushes you down a hole. Seems to be a common mechanic with Japanese players. You have to know what's coming and run to the left to avoid it.

If you do this, your level is gutter trash, and I automatically skip it. I don't care if the rest of your stage is the holy grail, you don't deserve my time.

This sounds fun!

1C2D-0000-006A-4C32

Hope you like it!

Trumped-Up Troopas

B641-0000-0069-3B2B

It's a level I made a couple days ago. Hadn't had the chance to make a post for it yet, but would be neat to see someone play it!

The theme of the level is the imprisonment of Koopa Troopas and the creation of Drybones.

Chomp-Chomp Ruins
Stage ID: 0ED3-0000-006F-488E

Ashley's Adventure II
C95C 0000 005A FB96

Sounds like fun. Can we watch it after the fact as well?

Hope you have fun playing the levels and streaming.

Pipe Maze
04C9-0000-0065-5440

Poochy ain't Stupid could at least be glitched into a non-autoscroller lol.

EDIT: Just played it, and it is really cool. Hopefully you (or anyone) can expand upon the concept.

The Secrets of Airship Z

ECAE-0000-002E-BAC8

Chasing Chain Chomp Complex
B749 0000 0058 1EE3

Hopefully, I'm not too late

Name: Sottoterra, a vostra scelta
ID:D434-0000-0070-D8A6
Brief description: Pick your poison: A or B? Two paths, two ways to reach the pole...not the top, though. What's with that blocks? Maybe a secret path that leads to the top of the pole awaits to be played?!?

a gozer the gozerian dilemma
cee1-000-0064-317f

(i don't think you've gone through this one yet?)

Okay, these are the levels I was able to get through on my livestream earlier!
Sorry to anybody whose level I didn't get to. I'll be livestreaming again tomorrow so I'll hopefully get to them then.

If anybody wants to watch the stream in its recorded glory, you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVUlUO-FHio

Thanks to everyone who watched and sent in levels!

This is just a big "SKIP ME" sign in flashing neon.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Okay, these are the levels I was able to get through on my livestream earlier!
Sorry to anybody whose level I didn't get to. I'll be livestreaming again tomorrow so I'll hopefully get to them then.

If anybody wants to watch the stream in its recorded glory, you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVUlUO-FHio

Thanks to everyone who watched and sent in levels!
YES ! Need to watch recorded stream :) Sorry I missed your live stream earlier ! I love good GAF Super Mario Maker streams.

Kirk

OK, so last time I probably didn't explain or showcase this level so well, so here goes another try.

U9EjdT7.png

Leaf or flower, which has power?

(E776-0000-006E-9A01)

This is a puzzle / Metroidvania style level, that sees you switching between leaf and flower several times to get past various parts of stage. I didn't think it was inordinately hard, but nobody's beaten it so far. Give it a try!

Kirk

So those of you who've been playing my stages should know I enjoy making unique, challenging yet fair (debatable) boss fights for the ends of my levels. Well, I got to thinking... why not create an arena like stage of just ALL bosses!? A Boss Rush mode!~ Those are always my favorite in games, especially the Kirby series. So for my latest stage...

Go! 7 Boss Rush!

(8BFE-0000-0072-6930)

This level needs more press. It's hard, but doable. I was only the second person to beat it! Very polished and creative.

If I could offer one criticism: the only fight that didn't work for me was the Bowser Jr. fight. There were way too many ways to die in that one, and too much chaos to work out a dependable strategy. So always do this one first!

Seiniyta

WVW69ibelnwaCdofyy

Peach's wonderful garden 1-1: 316C-0000-0074-8CC1

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Okay, Whoever plays this level and either leaves feedback here or Miiverse (or a star) will get his/her last uploaded level played and commented/starred on (if comment was given on mine)

It seemed to have worked fairly well previously.

This stage was inspired by the idea of how Peach's garden would look like after she got kidnapped for a few months. I don't think Toads are very competent so this is the result.

Neki

KA0CKNV.jpg

Space, the Spiny Frontier

(4461-0000-0072-4FC7)

Jump in your space pod and set off for a hostile alien world. Destroy the alien menace and restore peace to the galaxy.

It is a difficult level mostly due the length but there are 3 different paths to victory so with some smart playing you can cut the length down to a quarter.

Good luck soldier!

I just finished the level, fairly difficult with all the ice and enemies. I managed to skip probably two thirds of the level by doing two things (not sure if it was intentional). Some of the jumps are too strict, especially the ones where you hit your head in the ceiling, I hate doing those jumps the most. Like the fire ceiling area was hard, and failing usually meant losing a power up. If there was no skips, I probably would have not finished it. Also secret blocks right near enemies is the worst too, that caused one of my deaths. Great atmosphere and very pretty though, just a bit overturned.

KooopaKid

Banned
Here's my second Amiibo Trial. This time the theme is Wario Land. Those levels embrace the SMM essence and concentrate on short (All <100s) and sweet levels and quick restarts. So there's a bit of trial & error but nothing frustrating. This one includes 5-6 small concentrated puzzles to complete quickly. Enjoy!

Code: D23B-0000-0074-9B2C

tdOupsk.jpg

Here's the previous Mario Kart amiibo trial :

Code: B80D-0000-0070-5F6B

rAzzrpC.jpg

I'm going to play a bunch of GAF levels from the previous pages now.

Neki

WVW69ibelnwaCdofyy

Peach's wonderful garden 1-1: 316C-0000-0074-8CC1

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Okay, Whoever plays this level and either leaves feedback here or Miiverse (or a star) will get his/her last uploaded level played and commented/starred on (if comment was given on mine)

It seemed to have worked fairly well previously.

This stage was inspired by the idea of how Peach's garden would look like after she got kidnapped for a few months. I don't think Toads are very competent so this is the result.

I managed to beat it, all hazards was a bit excessive. I just damaged boosted through the last jump. Also no idea what to do in the sub area. Nice short level though, a bit busy visually though.

Axiom

07IJ5Ti.jpg

After spending the other day mostly giving feedback, I felt inspired again by everyone's work and finally finished my next level

BREAK THE BANK

CEF2-0000-006F-8CA6

(I also may have gone overboard with the fake VHS cover)

urfe

Just want to say I'm loving this thread and being a part of it. I feel I have simpler styles than most, but I like that too.

I hope the thread goes strong for a long time to come.

kiryogi

Banned
07IJ5Ti.jpg

After spending the other day mostly giving feedback, I felt inspired again by everyone's work and finally finished my next level

BREAK THE BANK

CEF2-0000-006F-8CA6

(I also may have gone overboard with the fake VHS cover)

That is effing awesome. *The cover

KooopaKid

Banned
GAF, please check out my new level, Vine Line. Not many plays yet but those that have tried it tend to like it. I'd say it's my best one yet! It's also my third one total, so...

Tileset: SMB3 (Airship & Underground)
Difficulty: Tough but fair (please give it multiple tries)
Code: 58EA-0000-0065-0FAB
WVW69ibRc6EgI8mm_N

(Also, in case you haven't, please try Honorable Mansion: 6298-0000-0043-30D2)

? You can skip everything with the blue platform at the bottom!

KooopaKid

Banned
The official post is going up in a few minutes, but I've just released an official Super Mario Maker level for Dudebro II.

Super Dude Bros.&#8482; II Chapter 1-1: Dawgs of War - (625F-0000-0070-42F1)
It is the year 2015. Supah Mariobro, a heroic plumber from B.R.O. Alliance, embarks on a grand adventure to rescue his beloved Brincess Beach from the greedy paws of the KooPro professional terrorist organization.
Will he triumph, or will his addiction to mushrooms spell his doom? Will he find the three 1up mushrooms hidden across the land? Will he beat his high score?
tOkx5Vd.png

Feedback would be incredibly appreciated.

Really liked it! Good level design and puzzles. Nice theme too and lol at the strip club!

My fourth level, if anyone is interested.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_27_at_12_19_00_am.png

673E-0000-0070-9CCE

Very good level here! Fast paced and challenging but very fair, you can beat it on your first try! Well done! Starred!

wvw69iblh7umg_dnzukwsh9.jpg

Fight-Flight Mountain V2 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;

(A678-0000-006F-81C8)

I tweaked the map a little based on feedback to make it a tiny bit fairer and also to make it clearer once you hit the checkpoint, that you've actually hit a checkpoint. Go ahead and give it a shot! It's a tough stage, but the first guy here who played it beat it on his first attempt, it's by no means impossible. You just gotta be careful :p

A bit hard for me and I hate Lakitus and Sheeps Sheeps, a bit too random and chaotic for me to enjoy.

Posting this for the new page. Got cursed at the bottom of the page last night, and I really think it deserves to be played by y'all!

Feedback is appreciated.

Chomp-Chomp Ruins

Took me two days to finish this baby. A tad bit more difficult than my previous stages, but the scope is there, and fair challenge is good! Be patient, but be nimble as well!

Enjoy!

Wow! Expertly designed! Send your CV to Nintendo! :)
The Floating Temple of Midas

DF90-0000-0070-6C53

tumblr_nvav4k9gRw1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nvav60kTWv1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Aso wow! Love the aesthetics! Expertly crafted! Send your CV too!
The GAF levels keeps on improving it seems. Those 2 should be highlighted in the OT IMO!

Snake Block Shuffle

BD8E-0000-0071-B3A6

tumblr_nvavd5OX811svx1aeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nvavg2tK9q1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Just some ridin' on snake blocks, Mario World style!

Very impressed by this too! Should be an official level in Super Mario World 3 ;)

So those of you who've been playing my stages should know I enjoy making unique, challenging yet fair (debatable) boss fights for the ends of my levels. Well, I got to thinking... why not create an arena like stage of just ALL bosses!? A Boss Rush mode!~ Those are always my favorite in games, especially the Kirby series. So for my latest stage...

Go! 7 Boss Rush!

(8BFE-0000-0072-6930)

WVW69ibX0O4L5z6e9t

Genious stuff! Loved how you implemented the locks! Lack of checkpoints makes that I didn't finish it :(

Hey guys, finished my second Rosalina map!

Rosalina and the Floating Towers
BB00-0000-0074-53B1

Nz9y86Q.jpg

Rosalina learns of a secret flying tower is powered by imprisoned stars. She must free the stars and defeat whoever is behind this wicked scheme.

Any feedback is welcome!

Very well done! Tough but fair. Good job! Lack of checkpoints makes me not want to replay the level when it's too long and tough.

Don't hesitate to give feedback on mine above! ;)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The official post is going up in a few minutes, but I've just released an official Super Mario Maker level for Dudebro II.

Super Dude Bros.™ II Chapter 1-1: Dawgs of War - (625F-0000-0070-42F1)
It is the year 2015. Supah Mariobro, a heroic plumber from B.R.O. Alliance, embarks on a grand adventure to rescue his beloved Brincess Beach from the greedy paws of the KooPro professional terrorist organization.
Will he triumph, or will his addiction to mushrooms spell his doom? Will he find the three 1up mushrooms hidden across the land? Will he beat his high score?
tOkx5Vd.png

Feedback would be incredibly appreciated.

Really liked it! Good level design and puzzles. Nice theme too and lol at the strip club!
Thanks!

The overall layout is loosely inspired by the actual game, with some (major) changes needed for the vastly different Mario gameplay and the toolset available.
The puzzles also try to fit with the theme: destroy everything you need to proceed :)

Thanks for visiting our livestream guys! Check it out on youtube.com/foxmccloudds when it is finished uploading.

We enjoy the comments / conversation. We will be live at 10pm central time tomorrow (today) Sunday.

If you would be so helpful to play our level and star it it would help us get more levels uploaded ( C840-0000-0044-45AF )

We will post again when we are back on at 10pm tomorrow - but here is the link if you wish to save it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7RNJKjaBSc

Got through another round of randomly chosen levels from this thread. Really liked and starred all of them.

Made a new level using every trick I could think of to fake vertical progression... It's essentially a long vertical journey starting from underground all the way up into space.

M9ziOVa.png

Really fun! Great use of the semi solid/solid platforms. A bit crowded sometimes but you could basically jump on to anything and I think that was the point.

Okay, I uploaded an updated version of my course, The Frozen Mansion.
If you played it before, the ending is streamlined so you can get through it a bit faster.

Good luck!

D5SVDJ5.png

I loved this one but couldn't beat it :( I got to the vine part and got the helmet but I couldn't figure out what to do after that. I'll definitely try again.

tumblr_nvb7bnItZV1rildkho1_540.png

I might try making proper images for my levels from now on.

I loved the idea for your course, seeing the old/new version with its similarities and differences was really interesting.

Sölf

Got 300 stars, so I can now upload 10 more levels. :D

Here ar the first two, more temples. But I am not really happy with them (actually, I am not really happy with any of my three temples, but it seems people like at least the first one so far xD).

WVW69ibfh9EZYrXU5I

Fire Temple
6F7C-0000-0074-E189

WVW69ibftGEqQy9F5T

Water Temple
7C05-0000-0074-EF90

Symphonia

Banned
I've had the game just over two weeks now and I still only have one star for the two stages I uploaded. Is there a formula to follow to get more stars?

Top Bottom