• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Durden77

Yo this game is hype as fuck. I got it just because I knew I needed it in my life, and I'm playing through MGS5 which is a HUGE deal for me. I expected to just crank this up to see it and get back to it later once I finished MGS5, but I can't stop playing this! That's crazy for me.

THE POWER OF MARIO.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd like a way to give Mario specific power ups when play testing a level. In the level I made, you're required to keep the propellor hat all the way through the level if you want to get the top of the flag. But foe testing I kept having to place a prop hat in the section I was testing and then grab it, and remember to delete it when moving on.

Level is 6756-0000-0014-3B05 btw :)

mintyice

Nah, you can get the next delivery early if you use all your new stuff and then just place a ton of blocks. About your level, the last piranha plant pipe could have maybe gone up a few blocks. It's not visible from above unless you go back to scroll it into view.

Yeah it's kind of meant to be cheap/tricky.

Dream Dreamz, crazy floating platform level.

0FB9-0000-0016-D97D

Craft

My first level I'm happy with lemme know what you think
F441-0000-0016-862B
3t3oddC.jpg

Yo this game is hype as fuck. I got it just because I knew I needed it in my life, and I'm playing through MGS5 which is a HUGE deal for me. I expected to just crank this up to see it and get back to it later once I finished MGS5, but I can't stop playing this! That's crazy for me.

THE POWER OF MARIO.

I'll never finish MGSV now.

How do you open the darn box without ripping it?

Yeah. I opened the bottom flap so I wouldn't bend up the top flap, and it actually left no crease. I did it very very carefully though.

Sölf

So, I finished my first level. Instead of something crazy it's just a small normal level, with a little challenge inside. If anyone is interested, here is the code:

2EA4-0000-0016-D722

Now to unlock the other stuff... xD

totowhoa

Banned
2-Way Airship Cruise
184A-0000-0016-DC23

Slow auto scroll airship level, SMB3 theme. There are 3 sections of increasing difficulty, with two paths for each section. This is my fourth level and the only one I've made that feels like it could actually be in a Mario game. Moderate difficulty

Kinsei

Banned
I've figured out how to make what are essentially invincible Castlevania Medusa heads. Hehehe.

This was a fantastic level. Maybe a little too chaotic wih thegoombas in the water section, but it was really tense and heart stopping at times. Love the back and forth too, really fleshes it out and gives it a feeling of space.

I'll keep that in mind for future levels.

Alfredo

What I've wanted to do for the longest time since this game was announced is make a level based on the "microwave hallway" from Metal Gear Solid 4. Just mash a button over and over in desperation to win.

Here's my preliminary version of that concept that I put together last night:
http://youtu.be/OQfls6zp1oQ

Now that I've unlocked stuff like autoscrolling I could definitely improve on it, but I'm happy I was finally able to make this. Almost like a sweet release.

If you wanna play "microwave 1.0," here's the code thing: E0C6-0000-0012-CA64

mintyice

What I've wanted to do for the longest time since this game was announced is make a level based on the "microwave hallway" from Metal Gear Solid 4. Just mash a button over and over in desperation to win.

Now that I've unlocked stuff like autoscrolling I could definitely improve on it, but I'm happy I was finally able to make this. Almost like a sweet release.

This made me laugh way too hard. Good job!

Jucksalbe

Banned
My new course ("Clouds and Thorns"):

626E-0000-0016-E29D

Btw., I had a problem with a question block sometimes not giving out an item (it just appeared empty). Does anybody know why this happens?

Ricky 7

That Mario Kart level in the top rated section is great.
Also I had to switch to the Pro Controller to complete that Turtle jumping level in the top rated section. Gamepad started to hurt my fingers after a while.

AdanVC

Can't wait to try out all of your levels! going out to the store for my copy and amiibo pixelishi. Hope I can found one in the wild cuz I didn't preorder it hah.

llexan

That's brilliant! I can't wait to try this when I get off work haha

Zekes!

I thought the patch did away with unlocking stuff the next day?

That would actually be preferable, because when I got my first unlock message it said it'd be available on Sunday. What's up with that?

VandalD

2-Way Airship Cruise
184A-0000-0016-DC23

Slow auto scroll airship level, SMB3 theme. There are 3 sections of increasing difficulty, with two paths for each section. This is my fourth level and the only one I've made that feels like it could actually be in a Mario game. Moderate difficulty
I liked how there was a lot of open area, and I feel you did a good job guiding me with coins indicating safe paths. The bullet bill shooting bob-ombs hit me both times I went through the level. The top path at the end might actually be easier since you can jump on top of the red bullet bills.

jiggles

Banned
This is a great level man! (Still haven't finished it!)

Thanks! It's not very long, so you were probably close to the end. It seems too short to me now, but that's likely because I know all the timings.

I never know how long to make skill based levels. I'm so afraid of frustrating the player.

I thought the patch did away with unlocking stuff the next day?

That would actually be preferable, because when I got my first unlock message it said it'd be available on Sunday. What's up with that?

It does work, when you see that it'll arrive x day message just fill in space with a bunch of blocks and items, you will get a message saying it arrived early eventually.

I'm streaming for the first time ever online.

youtube.com/tagthistst/live

I watched your stream for a while. You didnt talk much (not like thats a bad thing!), so I managed to watch SpeedRazor's stream at the same time. Fun times. Now I get to go home and play this game for myself!

Zekes!

It does work, when you see that it'll arrive x day message just fill in space with a bunch of blocks and items, you will get a message saying it arrived early eventually.

Oh okay, my bad. I resorted to jumping the date forward, haha. I was just weirded out that it was saying it would be available in 2 day increments (I kept changing my date up to the 17th)

Sorry if this has been asked, but anyone know how to turn off the miiverse comments. They're flooding the screen and are annoying.

Edit: nvm you can only do it in level.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ok, so to see your level code, you have to go to course world, then tap your tiny mii icon in the corner, then tap a level, then the tiny 'id' icon under the screenshot of the level. I would have expects them to have been in the level list robot thing. Bit convoluted.

clav

the mario kart amiibo costume that you can unlock changes the invincibility star music to the super mario kart version of the theme while using it.

Ah, I don't have any amiibos, so thanks for the clarification.

Everything can be unlocked without them, right?

This is a nice video showing all the amiibo characters in game 1 by 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=424&v=kaqI-iYgg00

Got to admit, this is crazy how much locked content is there if you don't have those amiibos WOW.

Question : If someone makes a level using his amiibo character, if i play his game will I be able to play the amiibo character? or is that just for personal use?
What i mean is if he creates his lvl using the Link amiibo or lets say the Kirby amiibo, will i be able to play the link or kirby amiibo toon? but it just won't let me create my own lvls with those said characters??

totowhoa

Banned
I liked how there was a lot of open area, and I feel you did a good job guiding me with coins indicating safe paths. The bullet bill shooting bob-ombs hit me both times I went through the level. The top path at the end might actually be easier since you can jump on top of the red bullet bills.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I realized that about the last top path. Im thinking about redoing the last part entirely. Make it a little longer and less clumped up.

Top Bottom