• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Kensuke

Goomba Nightmare
ID: 3A57-0000-0016-8AC7

Play mine and I'll play yours. ;)

Sorry for posting it again, no one played it!

Iced

Can anyone describe how loud the optical drive gets for the disc version of this game? I'm hoping everything gets loaded up right off the bat and the drive spools down. This is the kind of game where I'm not going to want to hear a lot of drive access noise, and if it's bad, I actually might go digital for this very reason.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright, first level! (that I actually want to share)

Please check it out, let me know what you think!
You Take the High Road
2C4F-0000-0017-0A3A

totowhoa

Banned
This is a nice video showing all the amiibo characters in game 1 by 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=424&v=kaqI-iYgg00

Got to admit, this is crazy how much locked content is there if you don't have those amiibos WOW.

Question : If someone makes a level using his amiibo character, if i play his game will I be able to play the amiibo character? or is that just for personal use?
What i mean is if he creates his lvl using the link amiibo, will i be able to play the link amiibo toon? just not create my own?

You can unlock all that content by playing the 100 Mario challenge, and you can use any amiibo costume another player has put in a level if you come across it. Unlocking the content in game just gives you the ability to use it in the creator for your own levels

klausbert

WTF is up with the spin jump in SMW levels? First it's on L2 instead of A and then you can't break those yellow blocks with it. Fix this shit Nintendo!

Jeremy

This has probably been asked countless times but will I enjoy this if I have no interest in creating levels? I've never been interested in this type of stuff.

Soul Lab

Tried it and couldn't get past the part with the sideway trampoline :D
Thx for trying out!!
When you land on the shell you just have to stay on the shell. The sideway trampoline pushes the shell to the right. Jump from the shell and continue. The coins show you when to jump

My first serious stage, "Spiny's Highs and Lows." Medium challenge SMB 1 stage wth three secret mini routes to discover, please give me feedback, I want to know if I'm cutting the mustard. :)

58A8-0000-0017-0C16

You can unlock all that content by playing the 100 Mario challenge, and you can use any amiibo costume another player has put in a level if you come across it.

You can unlock Amiibo costumes!!!?? or are you refering to the stuff to create lvls... I know some stuff gets unlocked every day, but what i'm wondering is about the amiibo stuff.... i highly doubt you can actualy unlock those.. no?

totowhoa

Banned
You can unlock Amiibo costumes!!!?? or are you refering to the stuff to create lvls... I know some stuff gets unlocked every day, but what i'm wondering is about the amiibo stuff.... i highly doubt you can actualy unlock those.. no?

Yeah you can unlock them. Just play through the 100 Mario challenge. Every time you complete it a new one unlocks. Owning an amiibo unlocks a costume immediately though.

Yeah you can unlock them. Just play through the 100 Mario challenge. Every time you complete it a new one unlocks. Owning an amiibo unlocks a costume immediately though.

OH WOW!!!!! for real!!! that is so cool then. Can't wait to play the game, just waiting on my little girl to finish school in 30 minutes and we are both playing it like crazy after :) hard to resist not playing it right now, it's sitting beside me, lol looking at me!!! saying play me! haha but i will wait for her!

Roo

------------------------
Created my first level. Yay!
Nothing mindblowing but it gets the job done.
Pipes & Jumps
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
ID: 51D4-0000-0017-0B02

wiiu_screenshot_gamepq2ruc.jpg

Some feedback would be appreciated.
Enjoy :D

--------------

Vibed

Here's my first level. I believe its pretty fair. There's several different routes and secrets to tackle. I set up many ways to beat this level, so please replay it a few times if you download it. :)

ParaBeetle Craft

B621-0000-0013-AE52

You need a MGSV and a game like this in your library to learn from. Very different games, of course; one is about a raging lunatic who takes out everything that moves in retribution for the harm that has befallen his beloved blonde superior. The other is MGSV.

pinocchiodead.gif

I'll just end up with both, my wallet is going to hate me this fall.

Can this be played with only a Wii Remote? My Gamepad is currently being fixed by Nintendo :(

Is there any point in picking this up now or should I wait for my Gamepad to come back?

Enforced

------------------------
Created my first level. Yay!
Nothing mindblowing but it gets the job done.
Pipes & Jumps
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
ID: 51D4-0000-0017-0B02

wiiu_screenshot_gamepq2ruc.jpg

Some feedback would be appreciated.
Enjoy :D

--------------
Nice. I'm looking forward playing your first level once I get the game. :p

Teknoman

WVW69iX3OQoxhbfrZz

World 1-1 Pyramid Plateau
7C67-0000-0013-ADD3

Nothing too tricky since its intended to be a 1-1, but still i'd think a decent challenge. Also if you time your jumps just right, you probably can fly through the level.

Quoting from last night since it was kinda late.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My first serious stage, "Spiny's Highs and Lows." Medium challenge SMB 1 stage wth three secret mini routes to discover, please give me feedback, I want to know if I'm cutting the mustard. :)

58A8-0000-0017-0C16

It's fun, but not very challenging. I like the different routes, and how you leave little breadcrumb trails which make you wonder 'is there something up there?' and encourages exploration. But I think maybe you need some pinch points where you bring the different routes together, or maybe a section that is a little more challenging?

Great start though.

VandalD

This has probably been asked countless times but will I enjoy this if I have no interest in creating levels? I've never been interested in this type of stuff.
Possibly. This doesn't have every gimmick from every Mario game, but there is a lot of potential for creativity. For what it's worth, I've enjoyed the majority of the courses I've played that were posted in this thread. 100 Mario Challenge (random levels taken from online) can be hit or miss, and the packed in levels are mostly examples or proof of concepts.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you check the id codes for your custom levels?

Ok, so to see your level code, you have to go to course world, then tap your tiny mii icon in the corner, then tap a level, then the tiny 'id' icon under the screenshot of the level. I would have expects them to have been in the level list robot thing. Bit convoluted.

It's fun, but not very challenging. I like the different routes, and how you leave little breadcrumb trails which make you wonder 'is there something up there?' and encourages exploration. But I think maybe you need some pinch points where you bring the different routes together, or maybe a section that is a little more challenging?

Great start though.

It was meant to be semi easy. I'll see if I can edit to be a bit tougher, give me an example of what you mean by a "pinch point" that you think would work better? Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it!

Edit:

How do you make a warp pipe for a subworld?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does the game automatically post to miiverse whenever you upload a level? I just noticed I have a post from 6 hours ago with a screen of the start point and my level code. But I don't remember doing anything specific with miiverse back then.

Teknoman

How are you guys taking screenshots?

Press home, go to internet browser, head to your favorite image uploading site, pick upload and choose the top screen option. Jump on your PC/Tablet/whatever and then go from there.

Or just go to miiverse website, your activity feed, and copy that picture from the upload level message.

Does the game automatically post to miiverse whenever you upload a level? I just noticed I have a post from 6 hours ago with a screen of the start point and my level code. But I don't remember doing anything specific with miiverse back then.

It does.

I dont know if its just a brain lapse or what, but I can't consistently get the high bounce off of trampolines. Weird. how's it done again haha?

Porcile

Anyone want to check out my level? I need some feedback: good or bad!

038C-0000-0015-AB77

So far the stats are 14 attempts with one completion.

JTripper

Ok, so to see your level code, you have to go to course world, then tap your tiny mii icon in the corner, then tap a level, then the tiny 'id' icon under the screenshot of the level. I would have expects them to have been in the level list robot thing. Bit convoluted.

Awesome, thanks!

My first level is a shorty, so I promise it won't waste your time!

3C6B-0000-0016-D818

MrPanic

Hype, finally finished my first level. Should be a good level to warm up your springboard skills, challenging but not too hard. Feel free to give any feedback.

Springboard Mayhem
0248-0000-0017-0C43

Really enjoying the game so far. Been a while since I played a 2d Mario, feels good. Editing levels is more fun than I expected as well.

Roo

How are you guys taking screenshots?

-Hit the home button on the gamepad
-Go to Browser then select any image hosting site (imgur, abload.de, tinypic, etc)
-Hit "upload image" and automatically, a window will ask you what screenshot do you want to upload (TV or Gamepad)
-Once it's uploaded, just share the direct link here and you're good.

Robin64

Wario's Gold Rush is my most played and most starred level, but I'm surprised the rate of completion is so low at 21.66%. I didn't think it was that hard...

DEE0-0000-0013-A7FC

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It was meant to be semi easy. I'll see if I can edit to be a bit tougher, give me an example of what you mean by a "pinch point" that you think would work better? Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it!

Edit:

How do you make a warp pipe for a subworld?

If you don't want it to be tricky, that's fine - I wasn't criticising, just measuring :)

For a pinch point I mean if you take the high route (which I did first time) you can just stay up there and you miss the rest of the level. So maybe you could guide into the middle (or wherever) so everyone has go through one section. Entirely up to you though - you may prefer it open and explorable.

For a warp pipe, put a pipe down then drag Mario onto it. You'll need to have unlocked sub levels to do that.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Updated my first course in response to the criticism I got here. I hope I improved it a little.

New version:

BD1C-0000-0017-2DF5

Also, my second course again (since noone played it yet):

632E-0000-0016-E29D

Just brought my copy home and fiddled with the editor and some online courses. I'm pretty tired so I'll take a nap before giving it a serious shot.

Top Bottom