• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run |OT| Dash, Jump, Switch

data

is it supposed to be 5.49€ on Android? I thought it was gonna be 4.99? Am I looking at something different? it's the red purchase icon on the bottom of tour, right?

Robin64

I like how each of the levels in the Star World have a requirement to unlock them, such as beating 1-1 with 5 coins or less, or defeating 20 Ninjis in one run of 2-4.

Lijik

The Remix 10 music is sooooo good

edit- i was hoping the music option would play the music off my phone because its all Prince music, instead i got a Hannibal Burress routine off the cloud lmao

Zero_IYAD

How on earth am I supposed to get 400 coins in 1-2?!!!!
Also, what's the '30' next to Daisy's picture in Remix 10? It's not decreasing at all!

YES! Thanks for uploading the Remix 10 music - love it!

Really enjoying the update, it's reminded me how good Mario Run is. There's a lot of nuance to the controls, physics, and momentum of Mario depending on when and how you tap the screen, which I really like. The challenges in particular to unlock special world stages are really fun. Took me a long time to clear 1-1 without squishing any Goombas...

Never bought the full version before, having a great time. Add me if you want!

7560-5332-4973

Also, do you unlock other characters in the regular tour mode?

Tyeforce

To whoever wants the Remix 10 music without sound effects to your heart's desires:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWoAQHPYPk8

Show me your love!
I can't identify the last song in this medley. The first 5 songs are clearly...

Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme
Super Mario Bros. 3 - Ground Theme
Super Mario Land - Underground Theme
Super Mario World - Ground Theme
Super Mario Bros. 2/USA - Underground Theme

...But what's the last song from before it loops back to the Super Mario Bros. theme? Is it from Super Mario Land 2 and I'm just not recognizing it?

Nishastra

Banned
Area 29 has four sets of levels and Area 30 has eight. Whew.

I unlocked Daisy. She's going to take some getting used to, since she has a proper double jump and does not have the NSMB air-spin.

Tyeforce

Also, if I’m not mistaken, Small Peach, Small Yoshi, Small Toad, and Small Toadette are new to this update, are they not? I swear I remember only Mario and Luigi being able to use a Super Mushroom prior to this update.

Camjo-Z

I can't identify the last song in this medley. The first 5 songs are clearly...

Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme
Super Mario Bros. 3 - Ground Theme
Super Mario Land - Underground Theme
Super Mario World - Ground Theme
Super Mario Bros. 2/USA - Underground Theme

...But what's the last song from before it loops back to the Super Mario Bros. theme? Is it from Super Mario Land 2 and I'm just not recognizing it?

It's a remix of the NSMB Overworld theme, you can tell by the chord progression.

Lijik

is there a way to flunk out of Remix 10? I had a really bad run where I died on four stages and it still kept going

bumpkin

Yeah, I am loving this new mode!

Love the new music too.
I could do without the "Whoa, oh, ohhhh" singer bits. The music remix is ace otherwise.

What's the trick to unlocking Daisy? It seems like no matter how many stages I finish, it still has her pic with "30" next to it.

Trrzs

I could do without the "Whoa, oh, ohhhh" singer bits. The music remix is ace otherwise.

What's the trick to unlocking Daisy? It seems like no matter how many stages I finish, it still has her pic with "30" next to it.

You need to clear Area 30.

mantidor

"show meee your looove" lol

I'm loving the remix, but hand is having cramps now. Will continue tomorrow.

And the headphones when hearing your music are a nice touch.

jnWake

Update is really cool. I like that new stages are unlocked with small challenges, a fun touch.

Only negative for me is that I went to Toad Rally for the first time in months... I don't have the skills of 9k+ Toads anymore.

You dare ask for Daisy while dissing her singing? Get outta here.

Anyone checked the ingame shop for special items, looks like
you can unlock another secret level once you get all black coins on the new Star Levels

Nishastra

Banned
I wish you could change characters for Remix 10.

I want to play as Daisy, but I enjoy playing Remix 10 more than the rest of the game, even after doing 1000+ levels of it yesterday :p

Can someone please give me a tip how to collect 400 coins in 1-2 : (
Yup.

Collect literally almost all coins you see (take the pink coin course and collect them all - a must), take all question mark blocks and Goombas (doing chain kills is crucial if more than one is on screen) with you in every area, don't get hit after you get your mushroom, (so the second one you get nets you 5 additional coins), make use of the star and make use of your bubbles. Oh and also finish on top of the goal post to get 10 maximum coins.

Finished with 407 coins and 1 second left on the timer. Took me an hour to beat that, but you need to have a route and just restart if you miss something. Sounds harder than it really is. I unlocked all stages but one (the Toad rally one...).

EDIT: Did a so-so run just for you with a total score of 405 coins. Watch the video to see how I did it: https://streamable.com/dzw78

Boogiepop

Dang. So, I took this opportunity to jump back in after having switched over from Apple to Android, and the link saved all my data... but apparently the actual game unlock doesn't carry over, so I have to buy it again? Is that the way it's supposed to be? That's... kind of lame, but... I guess I could just look at it like a $5 DLC purchase cost or something...

^ Damn, nice play 😎
Thanks! :D

Dang. So, I took this opportunity to jump back in after having switched over from Apple to Android, and the link saved all my data... but apparently the actual game unlock doesn't carry over, so I have to buy it again? Is that the way it's supposed to be? That's... kind of lame, but... I guess I could just look at it like a $5 DLC purchase cost or something...
It's a different system, so nothing really unusual.

Top Bottom