• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run |OT| Dash, Jump, Switch

Durden77

You're only playing remixes of 1-1 with another level of the same theme. Hence why you're only getting red Toads. Your opponents are random. If you fail to win at first, the retry may be against a lower scored ghost, if there is one. All if my observations are correct.

With unlocking and beating 1-4, you get access to the next three level themes, also apparently consisting of remixes of two levels each. Underground gives red and blue Toads, sky levels give red and green, castles give red, blue and green.

I....think I understand. So all these people I'm racing are their own "best" Toad Rally ghosts for that level? Toad Rally levels are their own levels, just based on the world tour ones? And the toad colors are based on the level type?

Also I'm still a little confused about the unlocking of the Toad Rally levels. EDIT: nvm, figured out the unlocking after beating wolrd 2.

And also, what's the deal with friendly run? I have a buddy that I've been getting competitive with in this game for high scores, but we don't really get how friendly run works. I was really hoping it would be just an in the moment thing where I do a run and he tries to beat THAT run or vice versa, but it's
a ghost thing and we don't get where the ghosts are pulled from.

PtM

Banned
I....think I understand. So all these people I'm racing are their own "best" Toad Rally ghosts for that level? Toad Rally levels are their own levels, just based on the world tour ones? And the toad colors are based on the level type?

Also I'm still a little confused about the unlocking of the Toad Rally levels. EDIT: nvm, figured out the unlocking after beating wolrd 2.

And also, what's the deal with friendly run? I have a buddy that I've been getting competitive with in this game for high scores, but we don't really get how friendly run works. I was really hoping it would be just an in the moment thing where I do a run and he tries to beat THAT run or vice versa, but it's
a ghost thing and we don't get where the ghosts are pulled from.
You got me right.

Friendly run ghosts are also pulled from Toad rallies. I know because a friend of mine used to throw an error when trying to friendly run him, until he did one rally, then it was always against that one ghost for me.

Is anyone else getting crashes when they select a Toad House? It was constantly happening with red ones but I didn't mind since I'm struggling to stay below 99 Toad Rally Tickets. But now it just happened with yellow which I often can get 7 tickets from and I'm annoyed. I thought the latest patch I downloaded would fix this but it didn't.

Oh, okay.

Also, how often to the question blocks in my kingdom regenerate?

Those regenerate? I haven't bothered putting any down even though I've had them since launch.

Chopper

Those regenerate? I haven't bothered putting any down even though I've had them since launch.
Of course. The small ones can dish out 5 Rally Tokens, the long one up to 10, and the big one more. They're valuable to me at the moment!

Also, what is Kingdom Past for? I've heard nothing happens if you replicate the scene, so what on earth is the point?

Durden77

You got me right.

Friendly run ghosts are also pulled from Toad rallies. I know because a friend of mine used to throw an error when trying to friendly run him, until he did one rally, then it was always against that one ghost for me.

I see, ok cool. I feel like the friendly run is a missed opportunity, but at least I understand it now.

Havin a lot of fun with the game though.

taybul

Just finished the black coin bonus level. Got some major Super Meat Boy vibes from it, such precision needes on those jumps.

Chopper

vqz893g.png

I think it's fair to say I got my money's worth. Everything unlocked. Fucking brilliant game. Would happily pay for more content.

What sucks the most is the toad limit of 9999. They added an item recently that needs 1000 yellow toads to unlock, and I only have about 700 yellow toads, but I have also reached my limit of 9999. Such bullshit.

What sucks the most is the toad limit of 9999. They added an item recently that needs 1000 yellow toads to unlock, and I only have about 700 yellow toads, but I have also reached my limit of 9999. Such bullshit.

I'm pretty sure you can have more than 9999 total Toads, the counter just stops at that number.

taybul

I'm pretty sure you can have more than 9999 total Toads, the counter just stops at that number.
Nah everything past 9999 doesn't count toward your "official" count even though the counter looks like it at the end of a rally.

I've been doing the red toad rally and then stopping any effort or bubbling at the last 10-15 seconds to throw the race as well as lose a decent amount of red roads.

PtM

Banned
Nah everything past 9999 doesn't count toward your "official" count even though the counter looks like it at the end of a rally.

I've been doing the red toad rally and then stopping any effort or bubbling at the last 10-15 seconds to throw the race as well as lose a decent amount of red roads.
Shit, I'm at over 7k reds on the demo.

PtM

Banned
Meh, I'm already at 8k reds.

Fun fact, while taking this screenshot, I accidently hit "take all". In the meantime I've dropped back to 30 tickets or something.
7l0TlU2m.png

mantidor

I really wish the would expand the kingdom, too many buildings and too little space. I couldn't care less about Thwomp, seriously.

Are Google Play Achievements not working for anyone else.

New update. Increased the Toad limit to 99,999, added achievements and new stuff in the shop. Unfortunately...

Brutal.

Fuck. I'm barely have over 4000 reds I basically only win about half my Toad Rallies on Red-only courses.

I really wish the would expand the kingdom, too many buildings and too little space. I couldn't care less about Thwomp, seriously.

Absolutely. There's so many unique items but no where to put them. Them being restricted only to clear land also sucks.

Your Mii's Miitomo clothing displaying here is interesting, wonder if that feature will eventually make its way over to Switch...?

Hopefully. I want more Miitomo integration.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Your Mii's Miitomo clothing displaying here is interesting, wonder if that feature will eventually make its way over to Switch...?

Wait what. Nintendo finally learning to integrate shit online?

Their mobile games so much better at this. Cloud saves. Tied to proper account. My Nintendo achievements.

Need unified friend list though.

Edit. Now mynintendo friends are linked at least.

How do you display miitomo clothing?

Ninja Dom

I finally got all the Black Coins in this. I know it took me a while. Also the Special Course you unlock after collecting all Black Coins is super-duper tough.

I still haven't got my Miitomo Mii to show up in this with the correct clothes. My Miitomo Mii is wearing a Nintendo Switch t-shirt. How do you do it?

Robin64

Big update coming on September 29th.

- New game mode called Remix 10 where you play a set of 10 super-short level sections.
- Rescuing Princess Daisy, and unlock her as playable character.
- Brand new world called World Star.
- You can now listen your own music.
- Update will drop on September 29th, full game unlock will also be offered 50% off for two weeks

The full news can only be read on an iPhone/iPad, but here's an album of shots from it.

https://imgur.com/a/Db6fw

Nishastra

Banned
The whole playing-iTunes-library is pretty silly for me, because I only have two things in iTunes: NieR Automata CDs and older Leslie Hall albums. I get some real tonal whiplash.

It's going to take a while to unlock Daisy. She's at the end of 30 sets of Remix 10 levels, and I'm not sure if the sets keep getting longer or not.

Top Bottom