• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much at SDCC if we get Gill, then we most likely will get MM starforce and no Strange probably and maybe no Vergil if the twin hint did refer to Vergil.

So at SDCC we can pretty much guess at the ones in the game based on which one of those four are revealed.

So not that worried unless they don't show any of those four.

EDIT: I say this due to Capcom having

Strider
MM
Roll
Phoenix
Frank/Greene

and since the twelve doughnuts refer to chars leave only one opened which will most likely be a villain and either Gill/Vergil.

crimsonspider89 said:
Pretty much at SDCC if we get Gill, then we most likely will get MM starforce and no Strange probably and maybe no Vergil if the twin hint did refer to Vergil.

So at SDCC we can pretty much guess at the ones in the game based on which one of those four are revealed.

So not that worried unless they don't show any of those four.

EDIT: I say this due to Capcom having

Strider
MM
Roll
Phoenix
Frank/Greene

and since the twelve doughnuts refer to chars leave only one opened which will most likely be a villain and either Gill/Vergil.

Hmm I still want to believe felynes are possible..I do feel either of those would still be fun/make sense.

Dahbomb

TruePrime said:
These are possible. If Niitsuma comes out and says thats the case after Starforce is revealed I will believe it. However I don't, given he said that X would be the Rock, if he didn't think he would work i don't see why he wouldn't say so back then.

He was awfully upfront with us about certain characters like Cyclops, Frost and others.

That and I find it very hard to swallow that they couldn't get X to work when he has all his armors as well as both weapons and ablities for close and ranged fighting yet some how make it so Pheonix Wright functions.
I wouldn't believe everything that Nitsuma/Capcom says. He officially de-confirmed Sentinel before the game's release in an interview.

And not every character in the next edition is going to be based on fan requests. It's going to follow the same pattern as MVC3, around 60% fan requests/famous names, 20% left field inclusions and 20% that are characters who only Capcom/Marvel likes.

lupinko

Really Capcom and Niitsuma don't know who Gene is? Ouch, lol even Niitsuma knew who Linn was.

Linn >>>>>>> all

Same goes with Moriah. :D

Beth Cyra

Dahbomb said:
I wouldn't believe everything that Nitsuma/Capcom says. He officially de-confirmed Sentinel before the game's release in an interview.

And not every character in the next edition is going to be based on fan requests. It's going to follow the same pattern as MVC3, around 60% fan requests/famous names, 20% left field inclusions and 20% that are characters who only Capcom/Marvel likes.
Agreed, that is why I won't count Starforce out and I will eat my crow if he is revealed and no longer bother the community.

That said, the Sentinel thing wasn't true last I checked, it was some kind of translation error, or at least that is what people were claiming shortly after the event happened.

Dahbomb said:
That was a translation error, actually.

Niitsuma is usually upfront about these kind of things, really. The only time I recall that he outright lied is back when TvC released in the states. Capcom Unity had him on a stream where he was asking questions, and someone had asked why there were no DMC characters. He ended up saying that Dante was originally considered for the Cross Generation of Heroes version of the game, but they wanted to see how DMC4 did before implementing him in a Vs. game. When Dante ended up being revealed for MvC3, he backtracked on that and said that the actual reason Dante wasn't in was because they were specifically saving him for MvC3. (Which he obviously couldn't have said at the time.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
3 things:

1) It isn't out of the realm of possibilities for Capcom to put in MM Starforce. For one reason they have said numerous times that they just don't see the regular MM making into the game because his fighting style just isn't there. Maybe they see something in Starforce that they can incorporate into the game. It's one of those reasons why they chose DMC3 Dante over DMC1 Dante because they felt he was the best fit in this game.

2) While some character inclusions may be obscure, it doesn't automatically rule them out. There are already plenty of obscure inclusions in MVC3, having a couple more wouldn't change much.

3) I missed the hints about either Gill, Mysterio or Dr Strange in the game. That's a game changer because we got 3 characters in the pool now. Of these 3, I would say order of likelihood is Dr Strange, Gill and Mysterio. The only reason why Gill would be in is because Capcom would like to have a Phoenix equivalent on the Capcom side.
The Gill speculation was very, very weak. It's people stretching out those Cable and Urien quotes very far. I decided not to even acknowledge it because it's fairly baseless. Really, between Mysterio and Strange, I would put Strange out in front.

This is how I feel about Starforce. Fuck Starforce. It should be .EXE. However, more seriously, when people figured out that Wizards was a potential reference to Omega-Xis, Lupinko said he'd bow out of giving hints because we were getting into the nitty gritty of that riddle. I still very strongly believe Starforce is a stepping stone to another character that is in the game, most likely another Megaman, only because compared to other elaborate riddles such as the Aegis Reflector and Venom ones, the links are fairly simple. Blue and Green? Wizards? Omega-Xis -> Megaman Starforce. It's more complicated than that, and people are writing it off as Starforce very quickly due to 2 (relatively) direct hints, in isolation of all the other tweets.

A lot of people are saying that Niitsuma has mentioned possible Starforce franchise representation in MvC3. Where? I don't remember this at all. I demand a link. And although I do not have a link myself, I remember Niitsuma buckling in in interviews and saying that if another Megaman gets into the game, it would be X. And then moving on, do you really think Capcom wants MvC3 angry unwashed Megaman fans backlash again for SMvC3? They already outlined why Megaman Classic would be a boring and 2-dimensional choice and I tend to agree, but they also carefully did not outline why X would be a bad choice. It's always a no comment or "we understand the fans want him, I can't say more" out of PR. If we are talking outside of tweets and leaks, X seems the most likely, followed by .EXE, then Classic, and then Starforce. And that is including the fact that .EXE's inclusion got booed at a panel and there being no real reason for his inclusion anwyays. Let's be real here, less people give a shit about Starforce than there are people who've played God Hand.

Dahbomb said:

Again, this falls exactly in line with my expectations. Mephisto would count as a left-field one for me.

lupinko said:
Really Capcom and Niitsuma don't know who Gene is? Ouch, lol even Niitsuma knew who Linn was.

Linn >>>>>>> all

Same goes with Moriah. :D

MARIAH?

nIF4P.gif

Riposte

I wonder if she falls under the DnD license.

God Atari depresses the shit out of me. If Capcom still had the license Dragon's Dogma would have been a DnD game.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
That was a translation error, actually.

Niitsuma is usually upfront about these kind of things, really. The only time I recall that he outright lied is back when TvC released in the states. Capcom Unity had him on a stream where he was asking questions, and someone had asked why there were no DMC characters. He ended up saying that Dante was originally considered for the Cross Generation of Heroes version of the game, but they wanted to see how DMC4 did before implementing him in a Vs. game. When Dante ended up being revealed for MvC3, he backtracked on that and said that the actual reason Dante wasn't in was because they were specifically saving him for MvC3. (Which he obviously couldn't have said at the time.)

Or maybe he backtracked and chose a different reason because DMC4 was received terribly.

Just saying.

Beth Cyra

Nora Kisaragi said:
Or maybe he backtracked and chose a different reason because DMC4 was received terribly.

Just saying.
Just saying what?

The fact it sold more then any other DMC or that it was praised for great graphics and a tight combat system?

It didn't get the reception that DMC3 got, but it certainly wasn't recieved terribly.

lupinko

I already know of Capcom borrowing from JoJo and HNK, obviously I'm not going to point out non-Capcom characters. If I were to do that, I would pick Dio Brando or Scrooge McDuck first.

Beth Cyra

Dahbomb said:
I don't know what would be a bigger troll on Capcom's part.

Roll over Megaman or Megaman Starforce over X.
Easily Starforce. The fact is MvC3 shipped with Rock support characters but no Rock so it could very well happen again.

Starforce would be taking and putting in a much less popular version when two others are there and one was said he would be chosen if a Rock made it (X), and the other is similar to Starforce but is still more popular and his series was received better (.EXE).

Starforce over X has that quote you can draw from from the release party. We will put in X quote *photoshop of nitsuma with trollface* *next panel is starforce reveal.* Practically writes itself.

Beth Cyra

Riposte said:
Here is the thing: no one will care one way or the other one month in.
That isn't true.

People to this day have been hoping and praying for Frank, Virgil, X and others as DLC and never gave up on the characters getting in or stopped feeling jealous that other characters got in over their favorites. Take X-23, Modok, and Trish which you can still find people bitching about their inclusion.

Note, I'm happy with X-23, Modok and Trish so I don't support those particular views, just saying that the nobody cares thing isn't really true.

Beth Cyra

Busaiku said:
What would be the point of 2 Mega Man X characters.
Battle Network Mega Man would be a much better choice.
The point is X is popular and his fans want him to finally get a spot, .EXE has already had a cross over in the Onimusha game.

DR2K

Banned
General Shank-a-snatch said:
I know.

None of them.

TVC roll was hype.

I have a gut feeling that most of Capcom's side is going to be from TVC and they're going to mostly focus on bringing new characters from Marvel's side. Kind of like how they're doing with SFxTK. I definitely think they want to hit that 56 number that MVC2 reached.

Megaman
Roll
Batsu
Saki
Alex
Frank West
PTX(sentinel sized)
Soki

All of which whom have series that have no representation in MVC3 coincidentally.

Beth Cyra

Nyoro SF said:
Yeah, Capcom is hurting their reputation for this sort of thing.
They and almost every other fighting game company have been doing this since the mid 90's, if this was hurting their rep how do they have any left at this point?

burgerdog

Ladyboy101 said:
will never buy another first launch title from capcom ever again!

This is interesting. What if enough people have this mindset and the first iteration of X game fails miserably and we don't get a Super version of it? Who loses, us or Capcom?

Ladyboy101 said:
will never buy another first launch title from capcom ever again!
If this is DLC, as well, is there any practical difference between a data dump at once and a gradual roll out of DLC (that would have stopped, anyway, due to the PSN outage)?

Nyoro SF

TruePrime said:
They and almost every other fighting game company have been doing this since the mid 90's, if this was hurting their rep how do they have any left at this point?

I'm talking recent, more modern console-tailored releases. This was their big chance to show that they can get it right the first time, but... well, when Darkstalkers 4 comes out... we'll see.

Beth Cyra

Nyoro SF said:
I'm talking recent, more modern console-tailored releases. This was their big chance to show that they can get it right the first time, but... well, when Darkstalkers 4 comes out... we'll see.
It's not about being right.

Super Street Figher IV is about as right as you can get as far as character balance and a large roster yet we got AE.

Even if this "Super" MvC III the original MvC III, we would more then likely still be getting a Super.

This is something that not only is a apart of the community, but something the community craves, they want new characters, they want balance tweeks and the other things that come with it.

It maybe coming a little so, but this is what the community wants.

Busaiku

TruePrime said:
The point is X is popular and his fans want him to finally get a spot, .EXE has already had a cross over in the Onimusha game.
Forget those people.
I'd rather see as diverse a lineup as possible.

Though in a perfect world we'd have a model from ZX as well.

Beth Cyra

Busaiku said:
Forget those people.
I'd rather see as diverse a lineup as possible.

Though in a perfect world we'd have a model ZX as well.
No, the world were ZX didn't happen is far better then it being a part of MvC III.

Nyoro SF

TruePrime said:
It's not about being right.

Super Street Figher IV is about as right as you can get as far as character balance and a large roster yet we got AE.

Even if this "Super" MvC III the original MvC III, we would more then likely still be getting a Super.

This is something that not only is a apart of the community, but something the community craves, they want new characters, they want balance tweeks and the other things that come with it.

It maybe coming a little so, but this is what the community wants.

I think it's more of the fact that the fundamental balance of an initial fighting game is always going to be terrible no matter what.

So waiting for the revision is a good idea, although I must say skipping out on the potential amount of practice time/familiarization with the engine is a bad idea.

Yeah, balance is hard as hell for fighting games on there first release. IDK why. But whatever.

Let us get back to the issue at hand....... you know the VA for Roll could be doing B. B. Hood instead. Never considered that. But still think it will be Roll.

"We would come out and say everything but the way we've done it now has kept everything contained within three forums and not being plastered onto every gaming blog that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that posts on SRK who knows who lupinko or myself are. Also I was dropping hints from the very start, not riddles, but then no one believed me until Friday~

There's still alot lupinko and I don't know about, and there's stuff I am 100% not even allowed to hint at so while I've got one foot in the door I can't exactly peek inside to the room to see everything else either.

Also, Cisco go fuck yourself buddy~" chibi posted this on srk...Not sure how feel..Laughed at the end though. Seems like even the leakers are getting salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom