• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Taisen GBA - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/strateg...=6155149&part=rss&tag=gs_reviews&subj=6155149

The Good: Long, involving storyline features a great cast of characters (and giant robots!); entertaining turn-based strategy battles laced with role-playing elements; exciting animations and some excellent music liven up the presentation; two selectable main characters make for a lot of added replay value.

The Bad: Convoluted plot and interface make the game difficult to get into; the underlying combat starts to feel repetitive before the story's over.

"Basically, then, SRT: Original Generation takes Fire Emblem's cavaliers, knights, and archers and replaces them with giant robots, space battleships, and futuristic aircraft. Unlike in Fire Emblem, should one of your giant robots get blown up during a given mission, that doesn't mean it's permanently destroyed; apparently, they're just that tough. This makes the game quite forgiving for the most part, though there are a few difficult missions here and there, and the last few battles against some of the game's strongest opponents are particularly tricky and drawn out. Overall, the game presents a good level of challenge and an enjoyable, long ride that you could happily come back to for a while longer. Kyosuke, one of the game's many endearing characters, inspires his fellow soldiers to place some big bets by putting their lives on the line when the stakes are high. In the spirit of that advice, you'd be wise to consider taking a chance on an unlikely little game such as this."

Good to see that Atlus is keeping the GBA alive

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I don't know anything about this but the review makes it sounds really interesting. So this is like Fire Emblem but with robots?

Danj

BorkBork said:
I don't know anything about this but the review makes it sounds really interesting. So this is like Fire Emblem but with robots?

Take a bunch of robots from various licensed anime shows like Gundam and eleventy billion super robot shows, mix them all together with a big world-imperilling plot, making sure to embed a few key scenarios from the various source anime in there, add a couple of original characters and mechs and you get the Super Robot Wars franchise. Take out all the licensed characters, add some more plot, and you get the Super Robot Wars: Original Generation series. Despite the lack of licensed stuff, SRT:OG should still be worthy of consideration. And it retails for only 30 bucks! So buy it!

LegatoB

I forgot this was next week! I guess I'll have to try and swing by an EB real soon and preorder it, or else I'm never going to get a copy, if Summon Night's distribution is anything to go by!

582946_20060802_screen003.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Perfect.

Symytry

LegatoB said:
I forgot this was next week! I guess I'll have to try and swing by an EB real soon and preorder it, or else I'm never going to get a copy, if Summon Night's distribution is anything to go by!

there's always ebay.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wario64 said:
Unlike in Fire Emblem, should one of your giant robots get blown up during a given mission, that doesn't mean it's permanently destroyed; apparently, they're just that tough.

SOLD x100!

Top Bottom