• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

Neiteio

NuZt3iD.jpg

RK128

Wow, so more or less the entire roster for both versions got leaked? Welp, looks like a fine roster to me :D.

The fact we got Mega Man and Pac Man here was great in my book (alongside Sonic returning from Brawl :D!) but we are also getting Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog as new comers is really cool (wonder how DH Dog will play like.....). Granted, it sucks Gandondof still is a clone of Falcon, but there is hope he plays more like his Melee counter part :).

Also like how Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are here; maybe they will have different abilities then there normal counter parts (the fact there is custom move-sets make these characters have a shot a being completely different then Mario/Pit).

For the stage selection.....considering how the new stages are split 50/50 between Wii U and 3DS, it isn't a shock to see many Brawl/Melee stages filling up the rest of the stage line up :l. This also means that the Wii U Stage line-up will have very different returning stages, so it should be cool :D.

The DLC characters are a bit messed up :l. I mean, I can understand if they aren't fully complete yet, so Sakari and Namco-Bandai need more time to get them in playable shape (could also be a reason why Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are in the game; to make up for slots for Ice Climbers and Snake not being complete in time for the 3DS version). Still, it sucks to see classic characters (including 'clones' like Wolf) locked behind a DLC pay-wall (assuming they will be paid DLC).

AdanVC

Mr/Ms leaker, please slow down the leaks. Leave something unrevealed so we can look forward to the next Smash Bros Direct and the actual release of the game! :(

All-Star mode doesn't unlock until you've unlocked every character in the game. If we use the leaked character select screen as a base for that qualification, that means there are still more characters to unlock beyond what this leak has confirmed.

All-star mode is traditionally not unlocked until every character has been unlocked. Since all-star mode is locked, that heavily, heavily implies that not every character has been unlocked.

All-Star Mode (in the past) has only ever been unlocked when you have all the characters.

Well that was something I supposed already, the thing I wanted to know if any of this leakers had confimed ridley in some form.

Azuran

Banned
Yes! This is the greatest thing to wake up to. Shulk, Pittoo, and Duck Hunt Dog are the greatest things. Even better is that they're also more significant than Ridley or K Rool in Nintendo's eyes.

So glorious.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
bru0rQW.jpg

So...does this mean we get 35 challenges walls?!?

There are 35 total squares, with 4 of them unlocked. Aka 4/35

Edit: Super beaten. Man I want video of the Xenoblade stage, I hope it uses the sexy Gaur Plains music

Blues1990

As expected, everyone is losing their marbles over these leaks. But I'm worried with how Nintendo is going to react to this bit of news, especially once it starts spreading like wild fire.

Fou-Lu

After thinking on it more, the characters we've gained versus the characters we've lost... We got a pretty good deal I think, there isn't a single added character I don't want to try out, and I only lost a main and a couple characters I used sometimes. Plus everything else about the game looks amazing.

Platy

dh3mhMB.png

BAM
THERE IT IS
THE FINAL PROOF
LOOK AT THAT LOCK
LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL LOCK.
THERE ARE THINGS TO BE SEEN, ADVENTURES TO BE HAD, DREAMS TO BE DREAMT AND LOCKED THINGS TO UNLOCK.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY
RIDLEY STILL HAS A CHANCE.

I KNEW IT

...it is probably the veterans =P

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
As expected, everyone is losing their marbles over these leaks. But I'm worried with how Nintendo is going to react to this bit of news, especially once it starts spreading like wild fire.

I think it's highly likely they'll cancel the game now.

I'm satisfied by the newcomers. Chorus Kids seemed nice, Paper Mario and Layton are still my most wanted, but I'm damn satisfied.
I hope the locked characters are at least Snake, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo. The rest cut characters can stay cut imho.

Kinsei

Banned
By your own words you haven't liked the roster sincethe first game and I've argue hating the roster pretty much equals disliking the series since that is a large part of games.

It be like loving Call of Duty but hating gun violence in video games.

There are still good things about the rosters, so it's not like I have no characters that I'd like to play as. The problem is, that ever since Melee, good characters were either made clones (Ganondorf), or not in the game at all, yet characters like Young Link, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, etc were.

CronoShot

This is insanity.

BvccdUPCMAAX9j5.jpg:large

Do we know if this is the final roster, or are we still missing some? I think every final Smash roster made a perfect rectangle.

Meikiyou

lol... Sakurai really messed up with the slow character reveals.

He should have unveiled shulk that week when he trolled us with Lucina... Now the hype on the trailer will be depleted.... Still i can imagine a trailer with Shulk fighting ROB calling he a Mechon lol

This is insanity.

Do we know if this is the final roster, or are we still missing some? I think every final Smash roster made a perfect rectangle.

The current theory is that because the image for all star mode is "locked" heavily indicates that the version these leaks are coming from do not have all characters unlocked.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This is insanity.

We're missing some (Also the mii fighters are in a separate selection screen) - All Star Mode is still locked (all star mode has you run the gauntlet through all characters in the game. It only opens after all characters are unlocked)

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I am disappoint. Was hoping to see at least Ridley or Mewtwo, wishfully hoped for K. Rool. Dunno what's up with clones still being a thing with Ganondorf and why isn't Dr. Mario/Dark Pit just alts with special features is beyond me. Bowser Jr, Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog seems pretty kool though.

Game is still getting bought Day 1 but I will admit my hype has definitely deflated a little.

AdanVC

I need to stop checking this thread. The amount of leaks now is insaaaaane (but so goooooooood!). It's like the leaker doesn't care anymore if it gets caught by Nintendo ninjas.

beta_fuse

The current theory is that because the image for all star mode is "locked" heavily indicates that the version these leaks are coming from do not have all characters unlocked.

So in theory we are looking at a roster of 53. That's pretty dope if you ask me. Imagine if we end up getting DLC in the future? This roster will be stacked.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
s8WYgs5.jpg

Nobody is paying attention to this? You can watch and bet on actual players players on the Spectate Mode!!

This was the most surprising thing in that set of images for me. Salty Smash.

Top Bottom