• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

It's probably your connection.

I'm sorry, but that's not the issue here. I play CS:GO, Starcraft 2, WoW, Team Fortress 2, all with zero lag. And that does not justify local lag, that's the 3DS shitty wireless.

I played a japanese player, dealing with 4 seconds of input lag.

I won because he sucked with Jigglypuff.

I don't even care about losing or winning because of lag, I just want to play the game without this terrible stutter.

For me its only been laggy about 1/5 of the time. Otherwise i'm actually surprised how well its been working. Although it's still enough to make me wary to try "For Glory" mode.

I still have to find a lagless match yet.

Moonlight

Banned
Whoever designed the Master Hand/Master Core fight clearly forgot Little Mac existed, holy shit. Or knew Little Mac existed and hated him with every fiber in his or her soul. I needed to do that 'complete classic with 5 characters' thing, so I just went in at 7.0 and did pretty decently up until the final stage. I feel like pretty much every facet of that fight at almost every stage is there specifically to destroy Mac. There's only two things that Mac can do to Master Hand and Crazy Hand that's remotely effective, and that's Up-Smash and Counter, and Up-Smash is only effective at the very edge of the stage - as in the worst place Mac can be on the ground. To make matters worse, it's like that wind breeze move that Master Hand does was scientifically engineered to fuck with Mac specifically. He has pretty much no way of surviving that thing if he's not almost immediately near the stage.

The beast form is pretty easy, mind, but then you enter Sword phase and there's pretty much nothing relevant you can do at that point. Up-Smash (which is much harder to land on Swords) or Up-B are your only half-decent options and Counter is basically your only good source of damage, and the shittiness of Mac's verticality means he can't go high on some of Sword's bullshit attacks. I went from 7.0 to like 3.5 before I actually managed to beat that fight. Fuck using Little Mac in Classic forever.

Just to make sure that I wasn't going crazy, I went back to Classic on 7.5 with Robin, breezed through the lead-up, took out Crazy Hand in like ten seconds, and two-stocked the rest of the Master Core fight. Mac is wack.

20140112222137%21Bowser_SSB4.png
20140408231840%21Yoshi_SSB4.png

All it took was for them to straighten their backs to start wrecking shit.

I'm sorry, but that's not the issue here. I play CS:GO, Starcraft 2, WoW, Team Fortress 2, all with zero lag. And that does not justify local lag, that's the 3DS shitty wireless.

I don't even care about losing or winning because of lag, I just want to play the game without this terrible stutter.
It's either your connection or you're having bad luck. The online is lag free.

Beats

Most of my matches have been fairly lag free. Some matches got really bad though. I haven't played in the With Anyone modes also.

Dantarion dumping the frame data from the game right now, bound to find some interesting stuff.

Nice. I'm looking forward it.

It's either your connection or you're having bad luck. The online is lag free.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's lag free. It's very dependent on both connections. Occasionally you're going to play with someone who is either too far away or has speeds that are just too slow. But how it seems like he is constantly having lag makes me think it's on his end.

Anyone need a 4th or want to set up teams/4p FFA? We can rotate partners every game or two. Looking to have some fun without playing against people who actively care about wins (I seek breaking boundaries and may end up SD'ing several times to be risky in the name of science).

0748-4101-9990

I posted this in the last thread before it closed but hoping someone can help. Nintendo Support, while nice, has been unable to do anything. I'm unable to connect to play Smash Online. IP has been configured and 3DS added to the DMZ. I've worked with support who remote accessed my PC and confirmed my router was setup properly. I can connect to eShop, Miiverse, etc... without issues But cannot play Smash online with anyone (haven't tried with friends). Has anyone had this type of issue and been able to figure out why?

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Well I've been playing people as far as the East Coast with little lag and I'm in effing Hawaii so it's probably your connection man.

This is the only game that I've had problems this bad recently, on consoles I've been playing MK8 and that was lag free for the most part for me, even when I tried without my ethernet adapter. This, however..

And yes, I understand that for a fighting game lag is more sensitive than for a racing game.

I still have to find a lagless match yet.

Nearly every match I've had online (about 70 so far) is lagless (or so close I can't discern a difference). Not sure what's going on with your games online.

On Yoshi, I've played him since the beginning when he was mostly terrible, I've earned being able to wreck people with this version. :p

Yay, one of my title suggestions got picked!

I'm a bit burned on for glory for today. After a string of losses, I'm decided on training sidesteping and shield+grabbing. Any hints?

Salsa

also, you guys playing with 3D on and off? dont think its been asked

3D off feels smoother, like with a lot of games, but 3D almost seems necessary in this game in terms of the characters popping out and being easier to see and manage. 3D off gives it this almost FXAA anti aliasing butter that makes it more difficult to see clearly

I'm running into a lot of people who just do projectile spams (DHD excluded) near the edge or the same combination of moves over and over again. Getting kinda irritated by it. Admittedly they get me sometimes but once I learn their style, they never change up their tactics and I can pull an easy win. Its not very fun after a while.

Top Bottom