• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Home trick?

Hit the home button while the reward reel is scrolling. It freezes it on a frame and you can see what the reward is, and if it's on the one you want you can hold A while you hit home to return back to the game, and you get it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
More tier nonsense? I don't know why people are trying to force it so much, the game hasn't been out a month.

PM 3.0 has been out nearly a year and it doesn't even have a proper tier list.

Cynosure

little mac really is broken
8be5ead6.gif

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Opinions on Shulk guys?
Dat reach. Side b is strong, recovery is okay and buffs help but they disappear too quickly, even with the alt. It can be hard to tell on the small screen if they're still on. If he has an alt down b that isn't counter he might be a back up for me.

Why does Wario do wheelies? It fucks up my biking in trophy rush.

Drencrom

Hit the home button while the reward reel is scrolling. It freezes it on a frame and you can see what the reward is, and if it's on the one you want you can hold A while you hit home to return back to the game, and you get it.

Guess I'll try this next time I play classic, thanks

(I hate getting coins so much lol)

So basically I suck against peoples mains but do ok against their alts. Played a guy 7 times. Lost all 3 against his Rosalina and once against Ness because I accidentally killed myself at the beginning. Beat his Duck Hunt Dog, Jigglypuff, and Shiek. Went 4-5 overall. Can't wait until the Wii U version comes out because I hate the circle pad. Killed myself 3 times because of it in those matches.

Salsa

jesus chist did launching yourself with B+up with ness get a buff

I know it was always almost KO level but DAMN

doowrah

Whoever designed the Master Hand/Master Core fight clearly forgot Little Mac existed, holy shit. Or knew Little Mac existed and hated him with every fiber in his or her soul. I needed to do that 'complete classic with 5 characters' thing, so I just went in at 7.0 and did pretty decently up until the final stage. I feel like pretty much every facet of that fight at almost every stage is there specifically to destroy Mac. There's only two things that Mac can do to Master Hand and Crazy Hand that's remotely effective, and that's Up-Smash and Counter, and Up-Smash is only effective at the very edge of the stage - as in the worst place Mac can be on the ground. To make matters worse, it's like that wind breeze move that Master Hand does was scientifically engineered to fuck with Mac specifically. He has pretty much no way of surviving that thing if he's not almost immediately near the stage.

The beast form is pretty easy, mind, but then you enter Sword phase and there's pretty much nothing relevant you can do at that point. Up-Smash (which is much harder to land on Swords) or Up-B are your only half-decent options and Counter is basically your only good source of damage, and the shittiness of Mac's verticality means he can't go high on some of Sword's bullshit attacks. I went from 7.0 to like 3.5 before I actually managed to beat that fight. Fuck using Little Mac in Classic forever.

Just to make sure that I wasn't going crazy, I went back to Classic on 7.5 with Robin, breezed through the lead-up, took out Crazy Hand in like ten seconds, and two-stocked the rest of the Master Core fight. Mac is wack.

I actually beat it on 9.0 with Little mac, just sort of up-smash constantly. He's also fast enough to dodge most attacks.

That being said, the first few times I played through classic with him, I had no clue what to do and got annihilated every time.

Teknoman

also, you guys playing with 3D on and off? dont think its been asked

3D off feels smoother, like with a lot of games, but 3D almost seems necessary in this game in terms of the characters popping out and being easier to see and manage. 3D off gives it this almost FXAA anti aliasing butter that makes it more difficult to see clearly

Helps dodging obstacles in 3D world stage too.

FZZ

Banned
Who are you playing? You might wanna practice a little before hopping online.

No I do fine online, but I get really stubborn when there's someone who beats me I keep on fighting and fighting. Even if I win I keep on going, and when my hands get sweaty I make dumb mistakes and get frustrated. And because of that I lose more to people who I know I can beat, but by being frustrated and sweaty I perform badly. Still I'm not too invested and I know it's just a game, it just sucks when you make dumb mistakes that's all.

Top Bottom