• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The lock has the smash bros logo real or fake that was a clever design.

Edit:
The hand could be gone and you just control your little icon
Would be lame if you had to remove your selection to tamper with options and computer characters.

You know what would be kind of awesome

If the demo unlocked more characters every day so people kept coming back every day

Granted, no one but the earliest people would get to play in that event.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm gonna go ahead and say it's real for one reason - I like it

The 3 could be for any number of adjustable settings and Marth is probably transparent because the player select icon is just over him and hasn't actually selected him yet.

I give them credit - The lock icon has the Smash Bros logo thing on it.
That's some dope detail for a fake...

The lock has the smash bros logo real or fake that was a clever design.

So what you're saying is, you don't like it? :p

Toxi

Banned
That also assumes they somehow got rid of the selection hand.
Yep, that detail is missing.
super-smash-bros.-brawl-character-select1.jpg

rekameohs

Banned
I do think it's fake, but I think it could be a smart move to put in all those locked character slots in the demo unlike in Brawl to get people excited over the sheer number of remaining characters in the final game.

The biggest thing saying fake for me is no Rosalina or Greninja on either screen. Mario's obviously top-left because fighting game rules and it looks like Little Mac is below him. I can't imagine why Bowser would be locked off, but the two spaces between Yoshi and Peach are Bowser and someone else, either Rosalina or Wario. I could see why Wario would be locked, but why Rosalina?

The biggest thing saying fake for me is no Rosalina or Greninja on either screen. Mario's obviously top-left because fighting game rules and it looks like Little Mac is below him. I can't imagine why Bowser would be locked off, but the two spaces between Yoshi and Peach are Bowser and someone else, either Rosalina or Wario. I could see why Wario would be locked, but why Rosalina?

Only explanation I can think is that there are parts of them that just aren't done yet. I feel this for Rosalina because I feel like she's probably kinda complicated in her functions.

But as I said above, going fake on this one because of that whole hand/selector tile debacle

Edit:

Remember the 3D Characters that would pop up in Smash 64? I kinda miss that

SmithnCo

Yeah, all those lock icons are what gives it away for me.

Yeah, it just looks fugly for a demo. Unless they intentionally want to show off how many characters are in, but I would think they would keep that close to the chest, in addition to character placement which would give away any newcomers.

rekameohs

Banned
Link is below Mario. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon to start the rows since they're the biggest franchises. I could possibly believe that Rosalina may be an unlockable character instead of a starter, but I see no reason to lock out Bowser.

Especially when you consider that Snake and Sonic were the only two unlockables revealed in Brawl. And then you have Marth who was locked in Melee and Brawl.

Are we assuming that all the characters shown right now are available from the start?

SmithnCo

I think it has locks that seem to suggest another DK character, another Metroid character, another Pokemon after presumably Jiggly, another KI character, and a bunch off to the right.

Especially when you consider that Snake and Sonic were the only two unlockables revealed in Brawl. And then you have Marth who was locked in Melee and Brawl.

Are we assuming that all the characters shown right now are available from the start?

I'd assume we won't get any unlockables until 3DS launch barring Luigi and any third party chars

I kinda hope this game goes the route of having all characters unlocked from the start. Wasn't that something Sakurai talked about really early on?

He's just offscreen.

He's probably left of Luigi, off-screen. Can't have SSB4 without Mario. Any word on when the demo build comes out? After E3, probably.

Hmm still seems fake to me.

Yeah, dude; I myself am going to film my friends and others when not playing and have my roommate do the same when I am. I'm sure it will be a blowout.

Hey can you guys give Mario a spin and see if he's been buffed?

Do we have details about the Best Buy demo yet? Store locator or amount of time it will be available?
I'm also hoping they put up a 3DS eshop demo but that seems like a little too much to ask from Nintendo haha

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm not entirely convinced this is real, but...
The biggest red flag is how random the characters allowed playable are, why no Bowser or Mega Man? Would be mind boggling dumb to not let people not try him, also why only 2 newcomers period? Makes no sense
All of the pre-release Brawl demos has characters missing that had already been revealed at that point. For example, Kirby, Wario, and Snake were all missing from the E 4 All demo, even though they had all been revealed at that point.

Brawl demo:
hqdefault.jpg

Notice how nothing else is present on the screen aside from the playable characters. No question marks denoting unrevealed characters.
That's because Brawl itself didn't have any ? icons. The character roster just expanded as you unlocked more characters. It's possible they brought those icons back from the original game and Melee (with locks instead of question marks).

Top Bottom