• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

Axass

1. Took 3 pics, but none straight. Clearly doesn't want us to see the big picture.
  2. Suddenly 2 new characters are unlocked in the third shot for no reason whatsoever.
  3. Ridley being in, yet he doesn't show the picture itself but only the Y, because he has no freakin' original render to put there. It'd be spotted immediately as a fake if he showed a custom model or an old one.

JackelZXA

I feel like the 3's pictures would be a shot of the entire screen if they were real. A leaker would want to show off as much as he could, not 3 weird angled shots. The specific cropping and all that just feels like how you'd crop it if it was a hoax. It doesn't really look like its cell photos off a tv like it's leading you to believe. I also don't think Sakurai would design such a boring character select menu that's just all metallic gray.

The shot from the super side view doesn't look like how flat screens look at an angle. It looks like photoshop skewing and re-aliasing pixels.

I'd love for this to be real, but there's no way in hell Nintendo would put out a demo and basically confirm the total number of characters in the final build

They should be wrapping up development on the 3DS version right around now, no? In that case, they would probably know the final character count.

Of course, that doesn't mean they're ready to announce the character count.

Good effort for sure.

TeamFake personally.

Here we go again.

Team FakeButIWantToBelieve

I think the reason they take awkward angles is because they don't want to reveal too much of the context and make it obvious it's fake

Like, if it's a macbook monitor and not a TV screen, the immediate thought is probably a photoshop.

#Team
3664528-5059441657-78793.gif

I attempted to assign characters to the empty fields (including the ones from the third shot except taking that Y-dude into account, though I did consider it).

No cuts from Brawl's roster except for 1 Pokémon (Squirtle or Ivysaur, though Mewtwo might also be a candidate to return). I also added very likely newcomers to this. If we consider 1 spot for Random (probably the bottom right), there would be 3 more characters to be added to this roster.

EDIT: I forgot adding Falcon. Apologies. Would put him next to the Space Animals. So 2 more characters.

This roster would be 50 characters, 51 if there's no Random window.

Also, can I just state right now that I hate seeing rosters with the franchises grouped horizontally? It just looks so messy, confusing and disorganized. For all the shit Brawl fucked up, it at least got one thing right by grouping everyone vertically.

complete-super-smash-bros-brawl-character-roster.jpg

From left to right:

1. Mario
2. Mario Spinoffs
3. Zelda
4. Misc. NES-era characters
5. Kirby (plus Olimar, because we can't fit him anywhere else)
6. Star Fox (plus Capt. Falcon, because Star Fox and F-Zero are linked in some interesting ways.)
7. Pokeymans
8. Fire Emblem and Mother (linked by the fact that both franchises have had a hell of a time trying to get out of Japan)
9. 3rd Party characters (plus Mr. G&W and the random button because we can't fit them anywhere else.

Also, can I just state right now that I hate seeing rosters with the franchises grouped horizontally? It just looks so messy, confusing and disorganized. For all the shit Brawl fucked up, it at least got one thing right by grouping everyone vertically.

I agree, I feel vertical series ordering is superior.

Kinsei

Banned

I agree. I have no clue why everyone wants a horizontal character select screen.

I agree. I have no clue why everyone wants a horizontal character select screen.

'Cause no one wants to put the effort in trying to group everyone into neat 5-block columns, so horizontal grouping allows for more room to say "fuck it, put him/her/it wherever."

jph139

Personally, I'm pretty confident that both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff will return, which gives us six Pokemon characters. There's not really any way to elegantly place characters in columns of six, so it's either horizontal or the Pokemon are broken up. Horizontal looks a lot better on that condition.

I agree that vertical looks better, but the characters preclude the shape of the select screen.

Ryce

Each Smash Bros. game has had a different select screen layout, so I don't see why SSB4's would just copy Brawl and add a character per column.

I attempted to assign characters to the empty fields (including the ones from the third shot except taking that Y-dude into account, though I did consider it).

No cuts from Brawl's roster except for 1 Pokémon (Squirtle or Ivysaur, though Mewtwo might also be a candidate to return). I also added very likely newcomers to this. If we consider 1 spot for Random (probably the bottom right), there would be 3 more characters to be added to this roster.

EDIT: I forgot adding Falcon. Apologies. Would put him next to the Space Animals. So 2 more characters.

This roster would be 50 characters, 51 if there's no Random window.

You're forgetting a FE:A character. Move Olimar between ICs? and Little Mac.

solomon

Well, the good thing is, unlike most fake leaks, we'll actually learn the truth within a couple weeks :p

Yep, I'm gunna skip classes and spend the whole day on gaf and watching nintendo/Bum1six3's (fgc streamer/old school smash player) streams.

Tyeforce

Each Smash Bros. game has had a different select screen layout, so I don't see why SSB4's would just copy Brawl and add a character per column.
I don't think it would copy Brawl's layout exactly, but it would have to be one of two ways. It's not like there are many options, unless they decide to throw out any order to it at all, lol. It'll either have franchises grouped primarily horizontally like Melee, or primarily vertically like Brawl. The original Super Smash Bros. didn't really have enough franchises with multiple characters to even have a specific layout like either of those, but the Mario series and Pokémon series are grouped horizontally there, too.

Muzy72

Banned

Amen! I prefer the vertical grouping Brawl did and I'm really hoping Smash 4 does vertical grouping. All the rosters I've made feature vertical grouping~

JazzmanZ

those pictures are fake.

Little mac does not appear in one of the shots where he should be.
Theres also a character beside Pit who isn't in the other screens.

?oe?oe

Of course it's fake. The third shot tries to sneak in Ridley (who isn't present in the other two shots). And added Little Mac...

ALSO OMG IT'S TILTED.

Wolf,lucas and Ike were on my out list, after the ike reveal i'm not sure anymore but I still have a feeling wolf and lucas might get the boot.

Nah, I don't think Wolf is going anywhere. He is the most unique star fox rep and it seems like they put a lot of work into differentiating him from the others with his feral A moves.

Also staying points added by virtue of being a villain, which smash is in short supply of.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
50 characters still sounds too high to me, but I guess if there are going to be minimal cuts plus a decent amount of newcomers it is going to have to be around 48-50.

solomon

Honestly at this point I don't care who gets announced palutena is enough for me (gives me that warrior of light feeling) but LAWWWD if I got Andy from Advance wars my I would be very happy.

georly

1. Mario
2. Mario Spinoffs
3. Zelda
4. Misc. NES-era characters
5. Kirby (plus Olimar, because we can't fit him anywhere else)
6. Star Fox (plus Capt. Falcon, because Star Fox and F-Zero are linked in some interesting ways.)
7. Pokeymans
8. Fire Emblem and Mother (linked by the fact that both franchises have had a hell of a time trying to get out of Japan)
9. 3rd Party characters (plus Mr. G&W and the random button because we can't fit them anywhere else.

Olimar goes with kirby because they're both only a few inches tall. It's the "really tiny people" column.
Star Fox/Falcon are both known for outer-space (and like you mentioned, james mccloud)

Also, I came to this thread today about to ask if anyone had spotted some fake leaks lately. Not disappointed, thank you guys!
That said, ahahahahahha they're not real. He won't reveal roster SIZE at E3. It'll be like the brawl demo, as many pointed out.

Top Bottom