• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

Seriously. I don't care that it's shameless of them, I'm getting all the figures.

Word. I'm not even sure where I'd put the collection. I just need a Link figurine, and Greninja, and Rosalina, and Little Mac, and Luigi, and [list has been shortened for the convenience of poster's sanity]

I'm GOING TO BUY ALL too :( depend on my wallets

There's no such restraint when it comes to Nintendo figurines ;~;

Violet_0

Banned
the Palutena reveal was pretty neat though

I don't think many would have been exited about the Pac-Man reveal even at the tournament

Berordn

the Palutena reveal was pretty neat though

I don't think many would have been exited about the Pac-Man reveal even at the tournament

It's a bunch of Smash Bros. fans at a Smash Bros. tournament.

You could give them literally any reveal and they'd be excited.

FZZ

Banned
Played both the 3DS and Wii U Smash.

Basically both games are identical gameplay wise. For some reason I thought the 3DS version was slightly faster, but that was probably just me. Both games are faster than Brawl, but most of the mechanics are closer to Brawl than Melee i.e defensive players get rewarded. I'm still excited cause I loved Brawl, but I do wonder if people can make this into a competitive fighting game.

Also I preferred the 3DS demo over the Wii U one because A. There was Yoshi and B. No assholes to cut you in line. My god that shit pissed me off.

Played both the 3DS and Wii U Smash.

Basically both games are identical gameplay wise. For some reason I thought the 3DS version was slightly faster, but that was probably just me. Both games are faster than Brawl, but most of the mechanics are closer to Brawl than Melee i.e defensive players get rewarded. I'm still excited cause I loved Brawl, but I do wonder if people can make this into a competitive fighting game.

Also I preferred the 3DS demo over thw Wii U one because A. There was Yoshi and B. No assholes to cut you in line. My god that shit pissed me off.

I need to pull away from Mario Kart 8 and get back to Brawl to prepare.

Michael "TYP" Cole:
Sakurai points out some chars are better suited for 2 vs 4 player and with or without items. Sakurai considers smash a party game.

Michael "TYP" Cole:
Sakurai points out some chars are better suited for 2 vs 4 player and with or without items. Sakurai considers smash a party game.

e5fXW.png

Josh5890

maybe Nintendo didn't expect there to be a bat-crazy of a crowd as there was. If they knew that they might have announced another character

Michael "TYP" Cole:

The Master speaks. Casuals exult. Competitive players collapse into tears, cancel pre-orders. A new day is dawning. Hereafter items will always be set to very high.

Michael "TYP" Cole:
When creating a game, we cannot just appeal to traditional fanbases. We need to reach out to new gamers, and cater to many target users.

Neal Ronaghan:
A competitive Smash player is trying to challenge Sakurai to see if he can win and help balance the game. Sakurai asked "have you ever made a game?"

Axass

Wait, Round 3 said the ones he leaked already are the only newcomers left?

Absolutely not, could be interpreted a hundred ways, read it yourself:

salromano said:
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)

Masked Man

I said wow
Michael "TYP" Cole: A: All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.

Wow, that's so interesting! Also an easy debunk for all of those "this character might make it in but they're still debating" alleged leak rumors.

Top Bottom