• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Touchscreen is already used though. You can mark enemies when you touch their portraits. No place for taunts down there.
Top half to highlight, bottom half is broken up into 4 quadrants with taunts. You don't really want to be taunting during the match anyway, so it wouldn't be an issue.

SuperSah

Banned
This picture is nice, but according to the people who played the demo the Pictochat stage is actually technically new and is called "Pictochat 2."

Always knew it. The icon shows a drawing I've never seen before.

Always good for it to be a new stage! :D

I'm secretly hoping the blank space next to the "?" is infact a "new page" option which happens when more stages are unlocked, but I doubt it.

drotahorror

rCJktg6.jpg

a transparent background image of it (w/o the white) - http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-smash-bros-stained-glass-fan-art-updated.png

why in god's name did Mushroomy Kingdom have to return

Someone really wanted to bring back its funky underground mix, actually I wonder if the underground version of the stage returned with the overworld.

Looking at that 3DS stage selection leaves me pretty cold, yuck, save me Wii U version.

Because people like it? I hate that stage tho.
Who likes it? We already have a scrolling Mario stage. Why couldnt it had been Mushroom Kingdom 2?

I still think the stage roster isnt complete but still the 3DS stage roster is all over the place. The starting character and stage rosters are also bizarre.

Thorakai

Because people like it? I hate that stage tho.

I'm sure there is a fan for every stage out there. But in terms of representation its weird to add another Mario stage that also scrolls. We already got two new Mario stages that scroll. Add in the fact that the motif of a deserted 1-1 lost its relevance with the subsequent release of four NSMB games and the return of 2D console platformers since the release of Brawl.

Something that just came to mind, Robin is going to be the ultimate teams character when people get good at catching his tossed Levin Sword.
One character grabs and the Robin uses nosferatsu. 1st character lets go, leaving 1 opponent in the Nosferatsu, and defends against the other opponent.

Get rid of 2nd step in 2 vs 1 situations, and we have another move that can be used for showing off/doing crazy combos in 2 vs 1 situations

Heropon

I can't believe the demo roster being complete in terms of starting stages. I mean, I can't imagine not having a Kirby stage unlocked from the start, that would be nuts.

All the other 64 starters have at least one stage, even if it's just a past stage.

Kirby might not even have a stage at all if the GB stage cycles between other games. That's a huge oversight

zroid

Banned
Anyone got any cool Mii QR's?

I wanna populate my console for Multi-Man melee.

I made (and scanned) a ton because of Tomodachi Life. Not sure if you would consider them "cool" though. :p

Actually if you want some Miis, page through the Tomodachi Life OT, a lot of people have posted QR codes there.

Okay, my 3DS is ready.
e9OWY4J.jpg

Xb457eV.jpg

How worried should I be about lag? Is it safe to assume the 3DS will connect to the nearest available server regardless of the system's region?

It's incredibly strange that Kirby is not getting a default stage (in spite of having THREE default playable characters). All the other 64 starters have one, even if it's just a past stage.

Kirby might not even have a stage at all if the GB stage cycles between other games. That's a huge oversight

This is even more jarring considering Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby Mass Attack, and Kirby Triple Deluxe have all been released since Brawl. Is that seriously the best they could do?

It's incredibly strange that Kirby is not getting a default stage (in spite of having THREE default playable characters). All the other 64 starters have one, even if it's just a past stage.

I'm thinking the Gameboy stage is a Kirby stage alone. I would think that if it did cycle through other games its stage selection icon would be the Nintendo logo screen and not something from Kirby's Dreamland. That, and a lack of an actual Kirby stage would be a tremendous oversight and even as ridiculously terrible SSB3DS's stage roster is I can't see an oversight that big happening.

Ahnez

The stage selection has almost no stage based on console games, almost all from handheld games, and most of the console based stages are Past Stages..

But, we already knew this would be the case. :p

But then, if there are more stages than those leaked, I think its safer to expect ones from handheld games

MushroomKingdom64.jpg

You're probably thinking of this stage from SSB64, which is similar looking but not the same. That stage you quoted is from Melee.

WOW yeah. Forgot Melee had four Mario stages. brain fart D:

I hope we get some N64 stages in the Wii U version. I love the classic SMB stage.

Ryce

Dark Samus alt is probably my favorite. It's just so perfect and unexpected. I thought there would be concerns over readibility with the Assist Trophy in play, but I guess they decided it was better to have the costume than the niche situation where both are in use at the same time.
It's only a color scheme. It's pretty easy to tell it apart from the Dark Samus AT.

Top Bottom