• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate Review Thread

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hot diggity dog, I almost forgot it was out tomorrow. Good to see it's scoring well. Funny to see that it's scoring basically exactly the same as the last 3 console versions.

Fbh

Not really surprising. Smash WiiU is at 92% and this looks like that but with more characters, stages and games modes.

BUT from IGN:
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to test this out because the online features weren’t available ahead of launch

I'll wait until I hear impression from this. I already got burned with Smash 4 which was the only game this past 2 gens that has been literally unplayable online for me

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Edge gave it a 9

Edge also gave brawl a 9 and melee a 6 or some shit, so...

Last edited:

Not really surprising. Smash WiiU is at 92% and this looks like that but with more characters, stages and games modes.

BUT from IGN:

I'll wait until I hear impression from this. I already got burned with Smash 4 which was the only game this past 2 gens that has been literally unplayable online for me

I may be weird but I really only intend to play locally with family and friends. I haven't played a Smash Bros online ever.

I think I'll wait on personal impressions than early reviews. especially how skewed "Darling" games get reviewed nowadays

I can't imagine its gonna be much different if at all from previous games. I would say if you liked the last game you will like this one.

Fbh

I may be weird but I really only intend to play locally with family and friends. I haven't played a Smash Bros online ever.

Nah, I know local multiplayer is a big part.
But in my case due to various reasons (mostly myself and other friends moving to other cities and/or countries) I no longer live close to most people I used to play Smash with a lot. Online multiplayer was an awesome way to be able to play with them despite the distance but no matter what we tried the best we could get was like 4 seconds of input lag. I understand getting lag with people that moved to other continents but it wasn't even playable with people that lived 4 hours away

Last edited:

Codes 208

I already have my copy preloaded. Just waiting for the buzzer at this point.

I got several chances to play this at the mall, I had a lot of fun with it.

iconmaster

Banned
Nintendo Life (awaiting online before awarding a score): "Ultimate truly is the ultimate installment in the series, and it makes you wonder where Sakurai can possibly take this franchise next."

Nintendo Life (awaiting online before awarding a score): "Ultimate truly is the ultimate installment in the series, and it makes you wonder where Sakurai can possibly take this franchise next."

reboot? or a very big break from it, and theyll re release it next gen with all DLC included and maybe updated textures/resolution.

don't see why SSMB can't just be treated like Madden at this point. no real need to reinvent the wheel and bloat it.

Last edited:

Jarbloko

So...its a good game.
im okey. i already own/played the wiiU + DLC..
so, im not so hyped to this really.
i will wait until the DLC characters.

El_Belmondo

Nah, I know local multiplayer is a big part.
But in my case due to various reasons (mostly myself and other friends moving to other cities and/or countries) I no longer live close to most people I used to play Smash with a lot. Online multiplayer was an awesome way to be able to play with them despite the distance but no matter what we tried the best we could get was like 4 seconds of input lag. I understand getting lag with people that moved to other continents but it wasn't even playable with people that lived 4 hours away

Dude, i'd really like to know what's your setup. I just came from having about 10 fights on Smah Wii U over Wifi and i only had lag issues with 1 person. And it's always like this in my case at least.

Fbh

Dude, i'd really like to know what's your setup. I just came from having about 10 fights on Smah Wii U over Wifi and i only had lag issues with 1 person. And it's always like this in my case at least.

I sold my WiiU a while ago but back then it was also over Wifi with a 20-something mb connection. Not the fastest but it wasn't holding back literally every other multiplayer I owned from at least being playable.
I also live in South america so I don't know, maybe Nintendo has issues covering this region.

I know my conditions back then weren't ideal but all other games worked fine. And I'm definitely not alone in this, google "Smash WiiU lag" and you'll find plenty of people reporting the same

reboot? or a very big break from it, and theyll re release it next gen with all DLC included and maybe updated textures/resolution.

don't see why SSMB can't just be treated like Madden at this point. no real need to reinvent the wheel and bloat it.
Lets hope not, that EA business model is really tired.

Can't wait to go pick up first thing tomorrow!

I sold my WiiU a while ago but back then it was also over Wifi with a 20-something mb connection. Not the fastest but it wasn't holding back literally every other multiplayer I owned from at least being playable.
I also live in South america so I don't know, maybe Nintendo has issues covering this region.

I know my conditions back then weren't ideal but all other games worked fine. And I'm definitely not alone in this, google "Smash WiiU lag" and you'll find plenty of people reporting the same
I experienced quite a bit of lag while playing Smash for Wii U. 100mb connection, ethernet too.

Nelsin

Banned
Are we going to have SSU OT?

I wish I can do threads my self ,but Im pretty bad at english grammer and organizing threads.

Top Bottom