• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Revven

I think they're doing Brawl because this is a fundraiser and Brawl is more accessible lol what if my main is Kirby or Toon Link?

For Kirby, there's really not much I can think of but stuff from years ago when I was familiar with the game.

Fthrow often leads to (at low percents) a free Forward Air or Up Air, so you can sort of rack up an easy 20%+ fairly early on. I think after a Uair you can actually regrab and Fthrow again, but it's a really tight timing and it's contingent on your spacing and reaction times.

Mostly for Kirby you're going to need to just play a really hard spacing game with his aerials, like Back Air and when you can go in (assuming the players aren't particularly very amazing at the game, which it sounds like they might not be but idk) Down Air is pretty decent to use to get something started.

For Toon Link, you're going to want to play a zoning game with his projectiles (throw bombs, boomerang, and arrows), make your opponents come to you or just harass them with the projectiles. You can probabllllyyyy get in a few hits with some of his aerials here and there. You're best KO option is going to be Up Smash, so I would try to avoid using that at low %s so it isn't staled and when they're at like 100%+ (depending on character weight and etc.) Usmash them.

I think Kirby has a DACUS (the technique mentioned a few posts ago) but I can't recall correctly because I haven't played Kirby in Brawl (or even Brawl itself for that matter) for several, several years. But to perform a DACUS, the way I do it is up on joystick + Z, down on the C-Stick and you'll basically perform a sliding Up Smash. Pressing down on the C-stick causes the dash attack to occur and pressing up + Z initiates the Up Smash. Your dash attack should be then canceled into the Up Smash (you won't even see the dash attack come out, but you'll get a decent slide out of it).

Like I said, I'm unsure if Kirby is one of the characters that can do it. Worst case scenario is you can just run and Up Smash anyway.

All of this broad advice is likely to be very outdated but it will probably be useful to you anyway.

C.Olimar788 said:
If they're "hardcore smashers" than they really shouldn't be playing Brawl...

Lol, as much as I dislike the game myself there is still a competitive Brawl scene. Despite the fact that most of their tournaments don't get streamed, they're still active and about as close (in terms of active players) to the Melee scene in size.

-Horizon-

That's actually a pretty cool idea. The rarer the Pokémon, the more advanced the ball, perhaps?

I'd rather they keep it all just the same ball. That way every reveal is a surprise. I don't want every one only scrambling when a master ball shows up and no one picks up a regular poke ball because it only has a goldeen or something.

zroid

Banned
That's actually a pretty cool idea. The rarer the Pokémon, the more advanced the ball, perhaps?

Well, that would defeat the random element of the Poké Balls, but what I could see happening is if there is a more advanced Ball which shows up, it increases the probability of a rare Pokémon appearing from it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ooooh, what if we get a look at Poke balls tomorrow, and their all different kinds, like Great balls and stuff.

Ironic enough, my friend brought up the same idea as you did this morning. I guess we noticed that they are going to redesign the items so it's possible that we could get redesign system of poke balls.

Master Ball - 90% chance to summon any Legendary pokemon
Ultra Ball - 50% chances to summon Pseudo-Legendary or Evolved form Pokemon
Poke Ball

Well, that would defeat the random element of the Poké Balls, but what I could see happening is if there is a more advanced Ball which shows up, it increases the probability of a rare Pokémon appearing from it.

*shrugs* just throwing it out there. I like the random aspect, too.

ffdgh

There wasn't really anything random about seeing munchlax, goldeen, and gardevoir more than everything else in brawl lol.

-Horizon-

There wasn't really anything random about seeing munchlax, goldeen, and gardevoir more than everything else in brawl lol.

At least Gardevoir did something unlike goldeen, mew, and the mew clones.

They really need to do something cool with Deoxys this time. I mean a laser is fun and all but it has other forms too.

Anth0ny

Kinda off topic but there's a Brawl tourney coming up in less than two weeks and it'll be my first one. I mean, I've played my friends before but I really wanna train my best before the matches since it seems like these guys are hardcore smashers.

Any Youtube videos I should watch and learn from? I mean, there's no real advanced moves like Melee right, like wavedashing or whatever. How should I train?

step 1: choose metaknight

step 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Meta Knight's tornado really needs to be buffed.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Master Ball- 90% chance to summon level 4 Bidoof.
It uses Hyper Beam

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Im thinking giving the bottom of the tornado a spike effect and having it grab foes if they try to dodge roll through it. Increase damage of each hit and increase knockback on the final hit. That would balance it for sure

Sounds good. Link's meteor smash is a potential problem though, it isn't fair, they should give it to Meta Knight.

SmithnCo

Im thinking giving the bottom of the tornado a spike effect and having it grab foes if they try to dodge roll through it. Increase damage of each hit and increase knockback on the final hit. That would balance it for sure

Why limit these ideas to Meta Knight? They should put Galacta Knight in and make him an enhanced clone. We really need a character that can fly around the stage at will and shoot out tornados. It can be like Meta's B but you can shoot them all over the stage.

Drago

Nobody cares about Bidoof enough to have him in Smash.
bidoofisonfire.png

Squirtle killed Bidoof so he could take his Smash slot :'(

NMFried

Just got a Wii U so if anyone wants to add me my network ID is NMFreed. I try to be as active in this thread as possible, but it moves fast. Anyone is welcome to add me!

-Horizon-

Bidoof talk aside lol, they should have different types of dogs for that Nintendogs stage.

Because it keeps being brought up in some other threads, I wanna see a shiba inu now.

Top Bottom