• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

SmithnCo

That CG isn't a portrayal of his actual model, what you play as.

VoRp6e2.jpg
tAXECPD.jpg
tJpKTzy.jpg

And I respectfully disagree as I feel Gamefreak blows this model out of the park with XY.

Those screens look great. The vibrant colors really help.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't like Pikachu's face, I don't like how he has stiff animations in his eyes, I don't like how his ears appear to be moving inside his head, and I don't like the blocky polygon shape on his arms and legs.

Bowser looks good but I still hold my opinion Pikachu looks like a total mess in-game.

EulaCapra

Bored. So instead of posting are usual Smash 4 speculation roster, why not start with Smash 5?

So the characters you think won't make it to Smash 4, but will be in the Smash Bros. roster eventually in time for Smash 5
maybe due to a surge in popularity (see Rosalina) sometime in the future or due to roster limitations per franchise:
- Medusa/Hades/Magnus/Viridi (Palutena will most likely show up in 4 making room for a third Kid Icarus rep in Smash 5, so I'll go with Medusa because first come, first serve)
- Captain Syrup (as much as I adore her now, she's restricted by Wario Land games of which there are few. I see her being popular enough in Smash 4 to be an Assist Trophy and gaining traction from there.)
- Krystal (haters, get used to the fact that she will be in eventually but maybe not in 4)
- Waluigi (Nintendo will say screw it, and let Waluigi shine in the future)
- King K. Rool (a new DK rep after Dixie will probably be introduced in 4)
- Professor Layton (unless he's in this one or his franchise is dead by then)
- Monita (from Nintendo Land; the obscure character from the obscure Wii U console)
- "X" rep
- Ridley... is not too damn big for Smash 4. He's already in!
- Alexandra Roivas (won't someone believe in her too?)

Sciz

I don't like Pikachu's face, I don't like how he has stiff animations in his eyes, I don't like how his ears appear to be moving inside his head, and I don't like the blocky polygon shape on his arms and legs.

Bowser looks good but I still hold my opinion Pikachu looks like a total mess in-game.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Stulaw

Banjo-Kazooie will definitely be in after Nintendo buys the IP and makes Retro make a new one.

They will also buy Perfect Dark and Jet force Gemini for the FPS, TPS and Space Marine(sort of) games they're missing. It would be great having Joanna Dark as playable characters with Juno, Lupo and Vela as assist trophies.

It's pretty much impossible isn't it? :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bored. So instead of posting are usual Smash 4 speculation roster, why not start with Smash 5?

So the characters you think won't make it to Smash 4, but will be in the Smash Bros. roster eventually in time for Smash 5
maybe due to a surge in popularity (see Rosalina) sometime in the future or due to roster limitations per franchise:
- Medusa/Hades/Magnus/Viridi (Palutena will most likely show up in 4 making room for a third Kid Icarus rep in Smash 5, so I'll go with Medusa because first come, first serve)
- Captain Syrup (as much as I adore her now, she's restricted by Wario Land games of which there are few. I see her being popular enough in Smash 4 to be an Assist Trophy and gaining traction from there.)
- Krystal (haters, get used to the fact that she will be in eventually but maybe not in 4)
- Waluigi (Nintendo will say screw it, and let Waluigi shine in the future)
- King K. Rool (a new DK rep after Dixie will probably be introduced in 4)
- Professor Layton (unless he's in this one or his franchise is dead by then)
- Monita (from Nintendo Land; the obscure character from the obscure Wii U console)
- "X" rep
- Ridley... is not too damn big for Smash 4. He's already in!
- Alexandra Roivas (won't someone believe in her too?)

Yeah, We will get Smash 5 this year if it's still possible.

I keep hearing "Palutena is likely" almost every time someone mentions a new Kid Icarus rep.

Should I be surprised if Sakurai decides to go with Medusa instead?

Fiktion

Banned
I keep hearing "Palutena is likely" almost every time someone mention a new Kid Icarus rep.

Should I be surprised if Sakurai decides to go with Medusa instead?

We might get both Palutena and Medusa depending on what mood Sakurai is in, but we're not getting Medusa without Palutena.

Palutena's name is in the Japanese title of the franchise. She's the equivalent of Zelda.

Berordn

Look at his bent legs. He might not have moved from that position in the game but that's clearly not his full height.

And he's still more than twice as tall as Samus!

His size is variable anyway, since Ridley in the same pose in Fusion is taller still.

Zalman

Crazy talk. So instead of making unique movesets for cool characters, just scrap them altogether?

Guess that means we should get rid of Toon Link, Ganondorf, Luigi and whoever else that is slightly similar..
Falco should stay if they redo his moveset of course. They just didn't do it for Brawl so I'm assuming they won't do it this time either. They did change Bowser this time quite a bit though so there might be hope.

Jaeger

You can make whatever omissions to make it work thats fine, but please stop posting that as even super metroid ridley's sprite was constantly bending down for whatever reason

Yes Mom/Dad/Boss/whatever authoritive figure you think you are, right now.

Look at his bent legs. He might not have moved from that position in the game but that's clearly not his full height.

And he's still more than twice as tall as Samus!

However he was in any previous game is irrelevant, since he can be whatever size he needs to be to be a playable Brawl character.

If Bowser can channel cousin Gojira, then Ridley can be smaller.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yes Mom/Dad/Boss/whatever authoritive figure you think you are, right now.

However he was in any previous game is irrelevant, since he can be whatever size he needs to be to be a playable Brawl character.

If Bowser can channel cousin Gojira, then Ridley can be smaller.

I'm the thread bully

Jaeger

Maybe when Ridley is in a kart game first

Now that is actually a good idea. Venture outside of Mario related IP's. Put Fox in there in a modified Arwing or Landmaster, Samus in her ship (no wheels, just hovers like a boss), Falcon in The Blue Falcon of course... and so on and so fourth.

Top Bottom