• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
nycfurby said:
Thanks to Kadey for being nice and asking me if I wanted to enter while I was streaming. I would have forgotten about it.

Thanks to Markman for being GDLK as always. :)

Thanks to neogaf for watching the TeamSp00ky stream all week. We had a lot of fun. Glad you guys enjoyed hearing our audio commentary instead of the offcial capcom-unity stream lolol

Thanks for the stream. Sad that it's over.

LowParry

nycfurby said:
Thanks to Kadey for being nice and asking me if I wanted to enter while I was streaming. I would have forgotten about it.

Thanks to neogaf for watching the TeamSp00ky stream all week. We had a lot of fun. Glad you guys enjoyed hearing our audio commentary instead of the offcial capcom-unity stream lolol

Better come back on in the future. It's been a fun week listening to everyone there. Need more Saturday Morning Cartoons to chill with.

noisome07

Banned
besiktas1 said:
Did I miss out :(

14nil2t.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All right! Day 2 of my stick training :)

You know, even when ignoring the newly added dedicated Replay Channel, some of the changes they implemented for replays in general are pretty neat and make certain actions less tedious compared to before. For instance: when you toggle on Input Display, you no longer need to do so for every single replay like in Vanilla. In Super, it'll stay on every time you boot up a new one. There's also an option to skip to the next or previous round during any point of the replay and if you were to upload one for everyone to see (the way the game decides this has been altered as well), your older one doesn't get deleted from the leaderboards / Replay Channel anymore when you get to put up another replay. And then there's the fact you get significantly more slots to save replays on your HDD: I lost count eventually, but I think it's at the very least twice or even threice as much than in Vanilla. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other minor tweaks, but these were the most important ones that sprung to mind.

Also, shameless repost since it seems I've written it at a bad time. Maybe it'll encourage some general match-up knowledge talk (not just Dhalsim info I mean) for anyone willing, as egotistical as that may sound:

MicVlaD said:
Oh my.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here after playing SSFIV for a few hours, since I'm just a rookie in the grand scheme of things, but I'm under the impression that Yoga Shangri-la really changes the match-up versus Akuma when Dhalsim gets his Ultra bar. Partially considering the fact I had no luck landing a succesful Yoga Catastrophe on him, but admittedly I sort of forgot how to fight against Akuma for a while after not having played SFIV for so long. Hence why I decided to give his other Ultra a try. When I started getting a grasp - just to some extent mind you - of when might be good time to use Shangri-la vs Akuma and after I got somewhat familiar with the instant-air execution of it (still plenty of room for improvement though), there were a lot of opportunities to punish an Akuma who was mixing it up in the air. For example:

- At one point he did EX Air Fireball when I wasn't knocked down. The fireballs went right through Dhalsim and his arms got a hold of Akuma.
- Later on he tried a cross-up Tatsu on knockdown: purely as a fluke, I got Shangri-la to auto-correct and Akuma got grabbed as he landed.
- He also seemingly has to be careful with his Demon Flips, and as Arturo mentioned a while ago, any sort of jump-ins within its range seems pretty risky.

The damage buffs have also been favorable to Dhalsim in this match-up as expected: IAT + fierce + straight-up Super = 50% (or slightly more) of his health. This usually seemed to be the case when he already had a relatively full life bar however: no idea just how much the game's system generally scales attacks past a certain point of a character's health bar. Quick note: the guy I played against claimed that he didn't know precisely what to do against Dhalsim, so while he was still giving me a hard time every now and then with Akuma's more damaging combo's, I reckon it won't be as easy as I'm (probably) making it sound right now once Akuma players are more... aware of the crucial changes. He also used Ultra I; not sure how much of a difference Ultra II would've made.

Either way: I really want to see what a match between two players with great execution will look like, as mine is subpar at best.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just woke up, was reading through the thread and catching up when I noticed the PM from Lost Fragment talking about the team, and I was like, huh, they're already chosen? Hit up the online forum and there we go, Team 12 baby!

AkumaHokoru and Lost Fragment, let's get it!

Now I'm even more tempted to just go out and get the game locally since I've known a place that had it since last Wednesday - I ordered it online for the pre-order DLC and crazy-cheap price and figured that I'd just wait since I wouldn't know where to sell the extra copy, but I'll just see if I can just figure it out afterwards just to get that extra practice in!

We gotta think about the theme, logo & stuff for sure I guess too...

RS4-

Some nice teams in there. Sasa's, Art's, Fubar's.

Snapshot, didn't know you were from Montreal. You play with Veas, Tony, Henry, etc? Fuck, maybe we already met if you do :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SonOfABeep said:
I was talking with a friend while playing SF4 tonight and saying "Super Street Fighter 4" was annoying. Just Super is confusing because there's Super Street Fighter 2 and Super Turbo, and Super Nintendo, etc - not always ideal.

I recommend S4. Distinct and Succinct.
If you say "Super" people are going to understand you perfectly because you didn't say, "ST," "Super Turbo," or "HDR".

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

Mœbius

nycfurby said:

Thanks Art - I had a few days off work this week and the stream was constantly on in my house.

Man, I'm loving Hakan.

It took a few days to mesh with his style, but hes got a lot of really good tools. Heres what I'm doing, if you are using him, let me know what works for you.

Standing Fierce-

Decent anti air, awesome to use to break FA as its two hits. Also great for abusing someone in the corner.

Jump medium punch-decent anti air

Oil slide-

Beats blankas ball, loses to cammys drill. I use this and abuse it, probably to much. But, people are still caught off guard by it.

Standing torward rh and standing torward heavy punch are also great normals.

Started using his air throw as well, its pretty decent.

I use Ultra II as is a god send against jump ins, but its nowhere near as powerful as his ultra i. If I were better at 720s I'd use that more.

God's Beard said:
One of the guys on my team only has one post in this thread and the other has garbage in his name ;_;

My name is sadly all too fitting. I'm decent, but I apologize in advance to you and Ronabo if I get rocked in our matches.

I didn't have any luck picking up Super early, but any time after Tues if you wanna get some matches in let me know.

As for our team's name / theme / logo etc I don't really have a preference, so I'm down for whatever you guys want to roll with.

LET'S GO TEAM 14!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:

Thank you guys for helping me get through my work day.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Since a lot of folks here have capturing setups, seems like a good place to ask:

I don't suppose there's any way I can record with my cheapo SD capture device, while playing in HD at the same time, eh? 360 stuff looks like shitballs on my TV in SD. I've been reading about downscalers and stuff but I haven't seen anything conclusive.

At first I was doing my jig of Fubar joy, then I saw who we drew in our first round :lol I think I'm going to need to main Rose/Sim counter pics and somehow acquire the power the Jesus Christ.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lost Fragment said:
Since a lot of folks here have capturing setups, seems like a good place to ask:

I don't suppose there's any way I can record with my cheapo SD capture device, while playing in HD at the same time, eh? 360 stuff looks like shitballs on my TV in SD. I've been reading about downscalers and stuff but I haven't seen anything conclusive.

For my PVR stuff, everything has to be exact. But if you are talking about capturing the matches, just send me the replays and I'll do it.

No problem Garbageman. We take care of our people.

If any team can't decide on anything, logo, theme, etc, just ask me and I'll choose one for you. You may not like it though. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Mars and Enzo, what's up?
What's good man? I'm a scrub Sakura, but I may use Bison depending on how much I practice. Who do you main?

Where you at Mars?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rufus in SF4, but that could change once I get Super. Do you have your copy yet?
Nope, but it's already paid off and will get it for sure on Tuesday. And likewise it could change once I get super as well. I could never really FADC properly, and likewise never land Sakura's shitty ultra in most cases but I'm sure her U2 will probably help out my ultra game.

Are you a tourney-level player? Haha.

EDIT: Also, what time zone/region are you in?

So I don't know about DD-11, but I feel like the next few weeks is gonna be like this for me. Man this feels like Hey Arnold during the career day episode where Arnold got the Jolly Olly man. Please don't be like this, Art! :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spirit of Jazz said:
At first I was doing my jig of Fubar joy, then I saw who we drew in our first round :lol I think I'm going to need to main Rose/Sim counter pics and somehow acquire the power the Jesus Christ.

Fubar uses Seth too so there may be a mirror match. I haven't seen Fubar play since EVO but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been slacking.

DJ Lushious said:
I had a blast, Botox. Your Guy is quite nasty! Your combo game was top-notch and you'd always catch me off guard with Guy's shoulder (aikido?) move. :lol Now you just need to get a working mic. :D

As soon as you hopped off for the night I went back into Challenge mode with Juri. You're right; once people get more comfortable with her, the Shen Fui Engine is going to be takin' names (I really need to start playing with her U1).

Its been hard for me to jump from Vega to Juri, but I'll get better with Juri over time. As for Vega? Man, does he feel awesome in Super! His Super Combo seems to do significantly more damage, his Crystal Rolling Flash definitely pops out faster, and his U1 is still a pain to get off. :lol

I tried to get Vega's U1 to follow a Cosmic Heel, but I don't think it can be done. His U2 can definitely hit on a juggled (from the air) opponent, if followed by a CH. I could be proven wrong on this, but I'm saying "no" on a CH:U1.

So, to sum up Super Street Fighter IV, I've got four words:

I. Love. This. Game.

Your Vega was really tough to deal with Guy, I need to really work on that matchup with Guy and figure out some option selects to help deal pressure outside of a corner situation. My jaw dropped how much damage Vega's super did to me. Vega has gotten a whole lot meaner. The round where we did 3 consecutive ultras on each other was hilarious :lol

Guy seems like a good character so far, but I think he's pretty mid tier and will trouble with characters like Chun and Rog.

Sorry about the mic, I didn't know what the hell is wrong with my mic. I think maybe it's my new arcade stick is the problem. My older TE stick never had this problem. I'll try to figure out what's wrong. But it sucks playing these new modes and not participate with the conversations T_T

Good luck to everyone at the tourney. Great job Kadey. Wish I was able to register on time and join, but I was too late T_T

Wallach

I'm having a hard time finding an actual credits list online for SSF4. Does anyone know where one might be posted? In particular I'm looking for a full list of voice actor credits.

Kadey said:
Fubar uses Seth too so there may be a mirror match. I haven't seen Fubar play since EVO but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been slacking.

I never meant to downplay Fubar, I'm sure he'll hold his own and when he ends up beating him he'll look like the strongest player coming out the first round :D Just fear for my own well being. Still I hope to get a chance to face him myself, Abel has pretty good match-up's against Seth and Sim in vanilla and I've had extensive training against the former.
Okay I'm totally ignoring his team-mates and the fact that the man's a God

Wallach said:
I'm having a hard time finding an actual credits list online for SSF4. Does anyone know where one might be posted? In particular I'm looking for a full list of voice actor credits.

Yeah, I want to know if Adon is voiced by the guy who does the Monarch in Venture Bros. Sounds a lot like him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Heh, hardly, but I'm located in Australia so maybe the lag will throw our competition off :lol . Our first match is against Akuma's team so odds aren't exactly in our favour but who knows how it will play out.
Damn, did a quick time conversion (if your in Sydney) and the time I get home from school, 4:00 p.m. is about 6 a.m. for you :lol What time is best for you to play? I'm in Toronto, Canada. So much for giving regions when teams were chosen :lol

_dementia said:
cool, threi should still have recording hardware too

i think as gaffers it would be neat to share out matches with each other

Yeah it'd be cool if there was an Arcade-infinity-like youtube page with all GAF matches. Do it Kadey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom