• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronabo

God's Beard said:
One of the guys on my team only has one post in this thread and the other has garbage in his name ;_;

I'll let my playing skills speak for me more so than my voice.

I replied to Sir Garbageman's PM.

Wow, just had a streak online. A losing streak. 17 losses! :p

I just wanted to see what it was like. No chances for a beginner like me! :p

I'm getting my ass kicked offline AND online!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i am going to assume gutter and dark want to keep me as far away from the logo/theme/quote choice as humanly possible. -.-

bigmit3737 said:
Should I get this joystick?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mad+Catz+-+Street+Fighter+IV+Arcade+Fightstick%3A+Tournament+Edition+for+PlayStation+3/9203364.p?id=1218057724323&skuId=9203364

And are these available at local stores? I think Best Buy is sold out.

Also I am looking for beginners to play with as I am new to this game.

Add me PSN: bigmit37
Yeah, it's one of the better sticks on the market. You can order one for the same price at amazon here. And store's like Fry's usually have them for purchase in store.

Or if you want a cheaper route, you can order the SE stick and just mod it with Sanwa parts.

very disappointed with the netcode so far.

rooms are falling apart in endless battle regularly and the connection bar isn't transparent at all, you rarely get what you see.

and no, it's not my connection, i know what i'm dealing with.

Rocky_Balboa said:
MicVlad, let's see how is the Sim vs Rog match-up changed when I get the game. I remember you had a lot of things to complain about Rog. ;)
Yeah, I think that match-up might remain largely the same, though I haven't played any yet in Super and I wouldn't say I fully understood it in Vanilla either.

Wiseblade said:
I was just about to spew hate after seeing you play the game on XBL...
To be fair, you got to play it at least a week in advance for several hours straight at local events!

Biff Hardbody said:
More Hakan power-

Ultra II also works if Dhalsim teleports into you. Awesome!
Yup. Tried Shangri-la on it after I saw (on the Spooky stream) it connect against a Fuerte who attempted to punish an instant-air teleport with his Ultra II, but doesn't seem to work against Hakan's AA Ultra. Would've been fun baiting it out if it did. Maybe if you teleport a tad higher than normal, but I doubt it.

BTW: take a look at his slide vs Dhalsim. Played against a Hakan yesterday who was still learning, and he particularly seemed to have trouble cleanly sliding under Dhalsim's light punch fireball. Only worked 2 times out of 10 if I were to take a guess, if that. Might've been 'cause he wasn't oiled up at those moments, though.

Augemitbutter said:
very disappointed with the netcode so far.

rooms are falling apart in endless battle regularly and the connection bar isn't transparent at all, you rarely get what you see.

and no, it's not my connection, i know what i'm dealing with.
on XBL? or PSN?

Augemitbutter said:
i'm on PSN, but i don't think that matters much.
Mine's fine, pretty much the same connections as vanilla.

I assume that Cspcom had to make some kind of improvement on the netcoee in order for others to watch matches during Endless battle or Team battle.

I appreciate what Capcom has done with SSF4.

Also, where are my teammates? Grifter...Lyte Edge?

Augemitbutter said:
i'm on PSN, but i don't think that matters much.

if any EU gaffers wanna play, drop a PM.

I'm on XBL and I'm definitely not having the issues you are.

All of my 4 bars are fine and only at certain times does 3 bar really feel laggy.

black_vegeta said:
Mine's fine, pretty much the same connections as vanilla.

I assume that Cspcom had to make some kind of improvement on the netcoee in order for others to watch matches during Endless battle or Team battle.

I appreciate what Capcom has done with SSF4.

vanilla was good enough for me on yellow and green, here i have to avoid yellow if i want to have a better chance at a clear game and green isn't a virtual guarantee at a good connection anymore.

Augemitbutter said:
vanilla was good enough for me on yellow and green, here i have to avoid yellow if i want to have a better chance at a clear game and green isn't a virtual guarantee at a good connection anymore.

Must be PSN, then.

Edit: I just played against an IW developer, lol. I need to practice. :(

Aljosa said:
Vanilla was such a polarizing game for online. One half loved it and had little to no problems (me) and others hated it and was always bad.
if you're used to playing offline then online was almost universally bad

Lyonaz

Damn I suck at this game. >.<

I like playing with Juri, but am not really sure how to do offense with her properly. Am just getting my ass kicked. Anyone know any good combos with her?

_dementia said:
if you're used to playing offline then online was almost universally bad
That's true, but I had very little problem to adjusting online.

Probably because I never play lower than 4 bar connections

Lyonaz said:
Damn I suck at this game. >.<

I like playing with Juri, but am not really sure how to do offense with her properly. Am just getting my ass kicked. Anyone know any good combos with her?
Go do her trials. Seriously, like do it right now!

zlatko

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
Who's Zlatko?

Profound sadness! :(

I had a Rolento avatar for the longest time, but then someone pointed out to me it was 80x135 and even I hadn't noticed, but thanks to Raging I got a better avatar instead. :D

The real question is: Who is Relix? I tried sifting through a few pages of the SSF4 thread thinking he'd have posted, but no luck. I ran into DryEyeRelief, and I know him through his Ibuki avatar.

So who on our team is going to cause the lag? I'm from North Dakota, but I have superb net. Every game I've played of SSF4 thread thus far has been full bars and no lag.(Over 90 played) I get made host often in Modern Warfare 2 as well.

deathberry

Neo Member
Tried going online for some matches, and didn't find any ranked, but some Endless Battle lobby was going on; some top notch players were competing so I just saw them and silently backed out before my turn :lol

Then I created a Ranked Match and played my first online match with Juri, vs some random Dudley. Jesus he beat the shit outta me! I'm still trembling at how badly I lost.

Genuinely traumatic.

I'll go cry in my bed now.

Tournament teams are already up I saw. Not really sure if I wanted it to join.

I couldn't get on Neogaf for the last 2 days, so that answered my question for not entering the tournament.

I still can't understand why I can't get on Neogaf while I have no problems to enter other websites.

Good luck to those that entered the tourney, looking forward to tourney thread and what everybody conjured up for banners/motto's/ theme songs.

Oh, I also have SSF4 since last friday after I learned a local shop were selling them early, even though I ordered it at some website. Fuck it, this is streetfighter, I wanted it, I fucking love it. :D

zlatko

Banned
deathberry said:
Tried going online for some matches, and didn't find any ranked, but some Endless Battle lobby was going on; some top notch players were competing so I just saw them and silently backed out before my turn :lol

Then I created a Ranked Match and played my first online match with Juri, vs some random Dudley. Jesus he beat the shit outta me! I'm still trembling at how badly I lost.

Genuinely traumatic.

People who beat me with Juri do a lot of pinwheels. Her crouching medium kick also has good distance to poke you with and goes under some stuff. Another strategy I see employed is they charge a light fireball, but start to throw out hard ones, so when I try to jump in or come forward they have both high and low covered. If I try to sit back to find a new way in then I'm eating her dive kicks.

It's def worth trying out her trials to get a better feel of some things she can put together. :)

zlatko said:
The real question is: Who is Relix? I tried sifting through a few pages of the SSF4 thread thinking he'd have posted, but no luck. I ran into DryEyeRelief, and I know him through his Ibuki avatar.

Relix is cool peeps. I want to say his gamertag is Lord Relix. He plays a pretty good Chun-Li. If you want to see how he plays, he was featured in a Haunts vs. the World and held his own versus Niedel.

zlatko

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Relix is cool peeps. I want to say his gamertag is Lord Relix. He plays a pretty good Chun-Li. If you want to see how he plays, he was featured in a Haunts vs. the World and held his own versus Niedel.

Uh oh, then it looks like I'm the anchor for my team. :lol Maybe they can bring me up to snuff a bit before this all goes down.

BTW, I didn't enter the tournament but something that helped me during the last PSN tourney were the mini sessions I'd have with FMF. So once you find out who your opponents are maining and the matchups, someone can try to emulate some of the things they might see, even better if you've played the person.

I don't remember seeing Maxi, Haunts, Saqs or AZ Greg on any team. They're like four of the best players who play on Live and post on GAF.

AAK

deathberry said:

Genuinely traumatic.

And you HAD the game wayyy before all of us!

zlatko said:
Uh oh, then it looks like I'm the anchor for my team. :lol Maybe they can bring me up to snuff a bit before this all goes down.

Speaking of Relix. He was the one who ran that multi-console SF tourney back in December I think. It was pretty amazing. There weren't A LOT of players but managing three tournaments at the same time is still woah, especially when it's occuring online.

And profound sadness. I looked at the teams...and the four players I mentioned aren't in the tournament. If we're talking about Devas, they're the four Devas of GAF.

Haunts = solid Sagat (or whoever he's using now)

Max = Ken

AZ Greg = Claw

Saqs = Rose

Well, there's always the PSN tourney...

Lyonaz

Aljosa said:
Go do her trials. Seriously, like do it right now!

Yeah got up to Level 15, don't know how to do that one.
Combos just aren't sticking with me, need to repeat and practice them more often.

What I don't like about the challenges is the fact you can't push select anymore to show the input instead of names of her moves. SFIV did this, why did they change it? >.<
Now I need to push select, it will pause, memorize it then unpause. Vanilla version was easier.

Off to watch some youtube vids for practice.

Cammy's CQC fuckin sucks. There were so many times when I instantly ultra my opponent's ultra only to be stuffed most of the time. The start up on it seems really bad.

and holy shit and dudley's uppercut, seems super safe. Even after a whiff or block, i had trouble punishing it.

zlatko

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Speaking of Relix. He was the one who ran that multi-console SF tourney back in December I think. It was pretty amazing. There weren't A LOT of players but managing three tournaments at the same time is still woah, especially when it's occuring online.

And profound sadness. I looked at the teams...and the four players I mentioned aren't in the tournament. If we're talking about Devas, they're the four Devas of GAF.

Haunts = solid Sagat (or whoever he's using now)

Max = Ken

AZ Greg = Claw

Saqs = Rose

Well, there's always the PSN tourney...

That is awesome he did that. I think I joined Gaf around December so I'm still pretty new blood.

I totally have an awesome theme song for my theme... I wonder if they'll like it. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dOO...t&p=9CC64DF16FE83581&playnext_from=PL&index=3

It's the Dudley 3S theme mixed with the London Stage theme from CvS2. :D

Morph-0

oh man I missed out, this tournament really needed its own thread I couldn't find the post with the instructions and date for entry. What a shame I could have won this ("Maybe" - Sega Rally style).

So I guess its back to my part time job..

akuma37.jpg

Littleberu said:
Wow, just had a streak online. A losing streak. 17 losses! :p

I just wanted to see what it was like. No chances for a beginner like me! :p

I'm getting my ass kicked offline AND online!

it seems like a lot of hardcore sf players online, not surprised since these are the people who really want to get it early.

Most of the people I see on endless were the SRK peeps on my friend's list :lol I had a blast playing with them, since they seem to be more inclined to try the new characters.

All the other chumps are pussies and kept sticking to their vanilla mains.

Lyonaz

Okay holy shit at Juri Trial 15. Apparently I need to hold the LK of her Fuhajin first and then start the combo. Nice that I can hold the fireball of her Fuhajin and just release it anytime I want, but damn they could have first teach you that in one of her trials. >.<

Sadface. Blocked Blanka ball can't be punished with Yoga Shangri-La. Arms are a bit too short for that. Would've laughed if you could actually pull that off.

All of Honda's headbutts do appear to be unsafe on block however vs Dhalsim's Ultra II, along with his Ultra and Super. Was jumping straight up with Honda after each blocked headbutt as I think Oichi after a headbutt wouldn't make a difference in this case (could be wrong), and from the looks Honda can't recover in time to move outside its reach.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Lyonaz said:
What I don't like about the challenges is the fact you can't push select anymore to show the input instead of names of her moves. SFIV did this, why did they change it? >.<
Now I need to push select, it will pause, memorize it then unpause. Vanilla version was easier.

Leave it to Capcom to fix what wasn't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom