• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucentto said:
Anybody know when the arcadia stream starts?
It is supposed to start at 2:00 Pm EST (~15 mins from now), but you know how these things are.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Ok. Is it worth it to invest in an arcade stick or is it just as much fun to play with the 360 controller?
I wouldn't know, I've never played SF4 with anything other than a stick.

deathberry

Neo Member
zlatko said:
People who beat me with Juri do a lot of pinwheels. Her crouching medium kick also has good distance to poke you with and goes under some stuff. Another strategy I see employed is they charge a light fireball, but start to throw out hard ones, so when I try to jump in or come forward they have both high and low covered. If I try to sit back to find a new way in then I'm eating her dive kicks.

It's def worth trying out her trials to get a better feel of some things she can put together. :)

Thanks for constructive feedback, will definitely try out her Challenges.

Btw, street dates are being broken globally. Two of my friends are picking it up tomorrow and when I played online (Endless Battle mode) I was finding nearly full lobbies, all people from Dubai :D

Makoto and Ibuki are going to Japanese dub for sure at my house, Makoto's English is really bad, not as bad as Sakura English, but bad.

ENG: Dudley, Adon, Guy, Cody, Hawk, DJ, Hakan
JPN: Makoto, Ibuki, Juri

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yo guys, I am Relix, sup.

My post from Online Forum:

Yo Team 9! Sup sup sup! Let's communicate over PM and add our GTs =P. I think I am full but I'll delete some people.

And thanks for the compliments Spider =P. Should be a fun ride, I also think the teams are somewhat seeded (on purpose or not) as there's no 'broken' team. Should be fun haha. Also, I've been reading the netcode in SSF4 is better so matches should be smoother.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Ok. Is it worth it to invest in an arcade stick or is it just as much fun to play with the 360 controller?
I was really good playing the game with the thumbstick (got every achievement in the game with it), but switching to stick makes it more fun for me to play. So if you love the game, invest in one.

Although I can't do Viper's second hard trial for crap on a stick, while being able to do it without a hitch on the 360 controller. :lol
Well, that's mainly because it's easier to pull of using a thumbstick.

Lyonaz

mr_sockochris said:
Do JPN voices still have to be unlocked by beating Arcade with each character?

I don't think you can choose them character specific anymore, it's either all eng or jpn, well you can choose between cutscenes and battle voices. :p

USD

mr_sockochris said:
Do JPN voices still have to be unlocked by beating Arcade with each character?
?

In vanilla you only needed to beat the game once to unlock the voice settings. I'm assuming it's the same in Super.
Lyonaz said:
I don't think you can choose them character specific anymore, it's either all eng or jpn, well you can choose between cutscenes and battle voices. :p
You definitely can, I've seen matches with ENG and JP voices mixed.

Lyonaz said:
nah, I saw on the Ustream, you can pick character specific like in vanilla

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Aumann said:
what does the title mean? Did sagat get nerfed? Haven't kept up with the games changes

He takes effort now compared to how he used to be- unsure if truly nerfed. Either way no one was using him anymore. He's not weak though by any means- he'll be underused due to the effort required going up- all those flowchart Sagats will run to Ryu, Ken, or maybe Guile.

Lyonaz

USD said:
?

In vanilla you only needed to beat the game once to unlock the voice settings. I'm assuming it's the same in Super.

You definitely can, I've seen matches with ENG and JP voices mixed.

Ah okay didn't bother with Arcade, went straight to training, challenges and online. So the only options were the ones I mentioned.

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
Yo guys, I am Relix, sup.

My post from Online Forum:

And thanks for the compliments Spider =P. Should be a fun ride, I also think the teams are somewhat seeded (on purpose or not) as there's no 'broken' team. Should be fun haha. Also, I've been reading the netcode in SSF4 is better so matches should be smoother.

I replied there, sent you a PM, and here's another just in case you miss it. :D

Team 9 is TOO FINE! :lol

arstal said:
He takes effort now compared to how he used to be- unsure if truly nerfed. Either way no one was using him anymore. He's not weak though by any means- he'll be underused due to the effort required going up- all those flowchart Sagats will run to Ryu, Ken, or maybe Guile.

Yeah, I was watching the MTG stream yesterday and Sanford got bodied by Marn's Juri. You can't treat him like a tank anymore or throw out Kara Tiger Uppercuts ad nauseum and not worry about the repercussions. He still seems like a boss though.

Can't wait for the Battlefield stream.

And no problem Relix, I know what's up. I'm all for an influx of new blood or people who didn't really post very much in the OG thread, as it helps the community grow but I been around long enough to know about the Nes or the lord of Chun-li.

Edit: Q that is an interesting find. T.Hawk is the new tank of SF and now he has mobility and mixups.

Morph-0

bonesquad said:
Pfft! Newbies. I joined June 2004 and I am just about to hit the monstrous 300 post milestone...

I'm wandering through this thread trying to figure out if I should drop $120 on a nice SFTE stick, or go for something more reasonable like the Hori FS3 for a third of the price.

If you are serious and want to get really good (advanced/high level play) at fighting games then its worth the effort to buy and learn to use an arcade stick but it is possible to get to a very good level with even a Pad. I wouldn't get a FS3 the stock parts are okay but your execution will be more precise with Sanwa. Try and get a good deal on a vanilla TE there may be some going cheap now that the newer S version is available. If however your not too serious and just can't use a pad then a FS3 should suffice.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutter_trash said:
you can cancel j. attacks into Condor Dive??? Hawk is going into my line-up, especially since I got 720s pat down now

Just j.lp, he's been able to do that since ssf2t just not on the way down like that.

zlatko

Banned
gutter_trash said:
you can cancel j. attacks into Condor Dive??? Hawk is going into my line-up, especially since I got 720s pat down now

Ah crap! I didn't think that'd already be info people knew. I've been abusing that tactic myself in fights already. Condor dives are a total mind game.

But shh....don't tell people about our Native Scoop Machine. More free wins for us. :D

Wiseblade

FlightOfHeaven said:
The lack of

You have no dignity

and

Down for the count

makes me sad.

The taunts aren't bad, though. You guys are hypercritical.

They're win quotes. At least "You have no dignity" is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Omfg. The only thing worse than those taunts is Dee Jay's voice actor. Holy shit he sucks :|

A few gems in there otherwise *vomit*

A gem: Guy: I RECOMMEND FASTING!

Vard

Probably been stated in the thread a ton of times but I couldn't find it... so what ended up being the bonus Capcom gave to people who bought SF4 who purchase SSF4? And do you need the actual disc to get the bonus or does it just check for the save file?

I think I'll finally try out Amazon's trade-in program.

LowParry

Vard said:
Probably been stated in the thread a ton of times but I couldn't find it... so what ended up being the bonus Capcom gave to people who bought SF4 who purchase SSF4? And do you need the actual disc to get the bonus or does it just check for the save file?

I think I'll finally try out Amazon's trade-in program.

Color 11 and 12. Save file.

Figured it out Spaniard, don't worry - or at least start worrying because deadline is looming:

belt.jpg

Taunts are taunts.

Hokan taunts are full of awesome!

Dudley's new voice is shit still. Glad he still has ice cream man colors.

T.Hawk. . . Better off as an old sprite of few words. Glad big pink indian colors are still there.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Take Out Bandit said:
Figured it out Spaniard, don't worry - or at least start worrying because deadline is looming:

belt.jpg

Taunts are taunts.

Hokan taunts are full of awesome!

Dudley's new voice is shit still. Glad he still has ice cream man colors.

T.Hawk. . . Better off as an old sprite of few words. Glad big pink indian colors are still there.

What deadline? Thread is out! :lol

MagnusReloaded

Neo Member
More Adon notes:

HK hits twice unless you are at max range. Not that fast but will be great against focus whores

U2 is extremely versatile and will be the go to in most matchups. It's a great anti air, but it also works as a punish for grounded opponents since it has deceptive forward range as well. Has invulnerability on start up. It can be combo'd into in the following scenarios:

1) Focus crumple
2) j.mk
3) Deep cross up j.mk
4) FADC Rising Jag (mk version for max damage)
5) EX Jag Tooth (corner only)
6) Anti-air lk Rising Jag (corner only)

U1 does one thing only and thats punish fireballers, and it does it really well. It is completely immune to projectiles for the duration. You can change its range by holding forward or back after execution. Holding forward, I have punished fireballs from between 3/4 and full screen. People will definitely have to think twice about plasma hurling against U1 Adon.

FADCing a Rising Jag may be worth it even without U2 loaded. cl.HK (an otherwise useless normal) juggles and resets after fadc rising jag and actually does significant damage, far more than if you hadn't fadc'd. This is unique because usually with juggles in this game you either go for the damage OR you go for the reset, but in this case you get both. Neat!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
MagnusReloaded said:
More Adon notes:

HK hits twice unless you are at max range. Not that fast but will be great against focus whores

U2 is extremely versatile and will be the go to in most matchups. It's a great anti air, but it also works as a punish for rounded opponents as long since it has deceptive forward range as well. Has invulnerability on start up. It can be combo'd into in the following scenarios:

1) Focus crumple
2) j.mk
3) Deep cross up j.mk
4) FADC Rising Jag (mk version for max damage)
5) EX Jag Tooth (corner only)
6) Anti-air lk Rising Jag (corner only)

U1 does one thing only and thats punish fireballers, and it does it really well. It is completely immune to projectiles for the duration. You can change its range by holding forward or back after execution. Holding forward, I have punished fireballs from between 3/4 and full screen. People will definitely have to think twice about plasma hurling against U1 Adon.

FADCing a Rising Jag may be worth it even without U2 loaded. cl.HK (an otherwise useless normal) juggles and resets after fadc rising jag and actually does significant damage, far more than if you hadn't fadc'd. This is unique because usually with juggles in this game you either go for the damage OR you go for the reset, but in this case you get both. Neat!
:) Appreciate the positive Adon posts! I get sad when I watch footage because I assume the worst.

Wiseblade

Listening to the OST now to get me through the day...

It's awesome!

I still miss indestructible though.

MarshMellow96 said:
Any news of street dates being broken in the UK? Need to get my hands on this ASAP!

This is relevant to my interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom