• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph-0

sonicspear64 said:
Certain number of posts (I thought it was 150, but it may be 250 or 300) + 90 days junior status = member

Joined April 2008 and have 200 odd posts - nearly there if it is 250. I must be the number 1 lurker lol.

iMike76

Banned
Jeff Gerstman tweeted that some stores have broken the street date. Any big name chains you guys know about?

I'm at work right now, but I'd like to go hunting for it tomorrow.

Wiseblade

MicVlaD said:
To be fair, you got to play it at least a week in advance for several hours straight at local events!

Yeah, but you can't really get any solid sessions. With only 4 decent setups everyone's antsy to get a turn. More than a couple matches, and you can feel the salty eyes beaming down on you. And don't even think about hitting training mode... :lol

Lyonaz said:
Damn I suck at this game. >.<

I like playing with Juri, but am not really sure how to do offense with her properly. Am just getting my ass kicked. Anyone know any good combos with her?

LOL. Add me. I just got owned last night and quit after like 8 matches.

I still have 0 points.

PSN: bigmit37

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
DAMN SON I NEED DAT SUPER

just spent like 10 minutes skulking around the aisles of a target waiting for the one goateed employee who'd obviously know the street date to go away so i could ask the girl. she promptly asked the dude with the goatee, and he was like 'tuesday, but we've definitely got it.' nearly gave him the finger

also trolling craigslist for an old crt monitor cos it's totally input lag and not my shitty execution that keeps me from getting guile's cr. lp to cr. mp. no, it's probably my shitty execution, but I NEED TO KNOW FOR SURE

tourney teammates: i'm ok with whatever re: name/pic/theme. can come up with some ideas later if you like. my gt is drohne, add me -- i main guile, could go abel or ryu as a secondary, but you really don't want my playing my secondaries.

MagnusReloaded

Neo Member
Adon players:

Sorry if this is already common knowledge as I havent been reading about him since I want to find stuff on my own but you can combo U2 after a jump in MK. Wont work on cross up, but its easy to hit on a regular jump in. Hope someone finds that useful.

EDIT: Can be done on cross up but you need to sink that cross up MK in SUPER deep.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
MagnusReloaded said:
Adon players:

Sorry if this is already common knowledge as I havent been reading about him since I want to find stuff on my own but you can combo U2 after a jump in MK. Wont work on cross up, but its easy to hit on a regular jump in. Hope someone finds that useful.

EDIT: Can be done on cross up but you need to sink that cross up MK in SUPER deep.
how is the damage scaling on 'j.mk, c.lk xx rising jagga fadc ultra' when compared to j.mk - ultra? is it worth the meter burn for the extra hits, I mean...

Captain N

Someone needs to set up the PS3 tournament!

I am just getting used to using an arcade stick. I'm not all that good at the game to begin with..now give me a stick and its even harder! The stick is awesome though. Guile seems to be working out well for me with the stick.

zlatko

Banned
iMike76 said:
Jeff Gerstman tweeted that some stores have broken the street date. Any big name chains you guys know about?

I can't wait to see the Giantbomb review for Super. I think it might be up tomorrow... I'm excited to see if I'm in the video losing to Jeff's E Honda. :lol

Oh and for anyone who missed it, here's the IGN.com video review:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/35905/super-street-fighter-iv/videos/ssf4_vdr_042410.html

I'm captured on video losing at 2:30. :lol

MagnusReloaded

Neo Member
Brobzoid said:
how is the damage scaling on 'j.mk, c.lk xx rising jagga fadc ultra' when compared to j.mk - ultra? is it worth the meter burn for the extra hits, I mean...

I think we have a new winner.

j.mk, c.lk xx rising jagga fadc ultra=443
j.mk, ultra=432

I would trade that 11 points of damage for 2 bars and easier execution personally.

EDIT: You have to hit the j.mk a bit deeper to go right to ultra where you can hit the j.mk shallow and still combo it using the fadc method. You can get the fadc version damage up to 456 it seems if you use the mk rising jag. Now we are talking 24 damage difference.

TBH, it's probably a little too soon to have a tournament. Why not give it a few weeks, so everyone can get acclimated to the new characters and changes?

FMF said he's got the PSN tournament. I have faith in him.

Speaking of hypeness. GAMME is in June, so we'll get our runback of the Wong/Daigo match, as well as a new group of Japanese challengers.

Enk

makes good threads.
Dartastic said:
...who the fuck is Enk? :lol PLEASE TELL ME SO I HAVE AN IDEA OF WHO I'M PLAYING WITH!!!! :lol

clint_eastwood2.jpg

I'm the man who's going to win you this tournament.

iMike76 said:

Where are you located?

DR2K

Banned
gutter_trash said:
the taunts are really disapointing

"We are but branches on the tree of life", yeah get your ass owned by a T.Hawk and receive that taunt. You will be mad.

The one where Cody just lays there for 10 seconds is awesome.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
every single one of them. [save makoto taunt 1]

nambly pambly.

At least Dudley got a gutter trash taunt.
I like Guy's taunt 1 with all the gang symbols he flashes. :lol
I find amusement in Cody taking a nap mid fight as well.

But yeah a lot of these are awful.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DR2K said:
"We are but branches on the tree of life", yeah get your ass owned by a T.Hawk and receive that taunt. You will be mad.

The one where Cody just lays there for 10 seconds is awesome.
the dont be afraid to cry one would be nice after perfecting a t-hawk, only to eat a full ultra as seth.

Wiseblade

Spiderjericho said:
TBH, it's probably a little too soon to have a tournament. Why not give it a few weeks, so everyone can get acclimated to the new characters and changes?

If anything it's too late. It's all about them 2nd day tournaments. Spend Day 1 in the lab and Day 2 bussin' heads!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
~Devil Trigger~ said:

"Gutter trash."

There's a link there showing how to unlock colors and taunts "quickly." Basically, pick characters in versus mode vs. CPU (or 2pfor even quicker?), start the fight then character change out. It'll alternate unlocking between colors and taunts. Still pretty grindy, but I'll take it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aljosa said:
Is it possible in Super to taunt when the round is over? I could never do that in vanilla but ALWAYS did it in Third Strike. :lol
i think only dans legendary taunt can go off after ko.

lawblob said:
Any stores in NYC selling this today? I am bored and need this.

Not sure where you live but I bought a copy in Queens, last night.

Take the 7 train to Junction blvd stop.

It's about a couple of block down...on that street there is a VIM and Radioshack and it's the only video game store in that area.

RS4- said:
Some nice teams in there. Sasa's, Art's, Fubar's.

Snapshot, didn't know you were from Montreal. You play with Veas, Tony, Henry, etc? Fuck, maybe we already met if you do :lol

Not really, not a fan of the NCBA format, I went a couple times at the beginning but I dunno, not for me. I'd rather play with a couple friends while goofin around and drinking. I'm old friends with Cheapz though.

lawblob said:
Any stores in NYC selling this today? I am bored and need this.

I believe J&L on Elizabeth St (chinatown) has it.

edit: ok ,my brother just told me he purchased the last ps3 copy yesterday, at least thats what they told him so Im not sure what they have at the moment.

vg260

gutter_trash said:
the taunts are really disapointing

Yeah, still miss Dudley's old voice in particular, but really happy with the color choices the made for Dudley. He's got so many sweet looking color combos. They got all my favs in there. Love the orange Duds.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Do you need one of those arcade sticks to pull the special moves off or is it an Xbox 360 controller enough to kick some ass?
I think mimic uses (used?) a 360 controller and he was able to finish every trial.
So yeah you can do special moves.

XenoRaven

Sniper McBlaze said:
Do you need one of those arcade sticks to pull the special moves off or is it an Xbox 360 controller enough to kick some ass?
It's gonna be harder for you, but you can do it. They also make pads that are better for fighting games than the regular 360 controller that are much cheaper than a stick and don't require re-training yourself.

bonesquad

iMike76 said:
I joined march 24, 2008 and I have 59 posts.

KING LURKER!

Pfft! Newbies. I joined June 2004 and I am just about to hit the monstrous 300 post milestone...

I'm wandering through this thread trying to figure out if I should drop $120 on a nice SFTE stick, or go for something more reasonable like the Hori FS3 for a third of the price.

_dementia said:
I think mimic uses (used?) a 360 controller and he was able to finish every trial.
So yeah you can do special moves.

Ok. Is it worth it to invest in an arcade stick or is it just as much fun to play with the 360 controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom