• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
Besides that Hitokage and I teamed up for the 2v2 tournament. But man I feel like I held him back, he did better then me overall in both singles and team. He seems to have really leveled up a lot since the old days when we played vanilla on the PC and I was owning him left and right. Seems the tables have turned, he's pretty solid now while I'm the jumping scrub. Overall I had a pretty good time, I spent time with the local guys and played a lot of casuals. I just have to remember to bring my stick next time and be prepared for the difference when playing on a CRT.
Dude, both of us won our matches when we won that set in teams, and both of us lost our matches in each of the two sets we lost.

If anything, fucking Rufus made me lose three matches today. :lol

-I used Hitokage's HRAP3(I have a Mad Catz TE-S stick). And from the get go, I was having problems with it. It just didn't feel right but I had no choice but to use it for some matches.
-I'm used to playing on my PC monitor which always felt lag free to me. But when I played on a CRT for the first time in a very long time, I realized I couldn't do shit as the timing felt so different compared to what I was use to. I was missing combos that I could do in my sleep at home.
Yeah, man, your PC monitor lags. When doing combos you can compensate by shifting visual cues, but with anything that requires an actual reaction you're suffering, and that's in addition to whatever lag is introduced by playing online.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Rice-Eater said:
-And last but not least, the two people I lost to are from my area. They're the same two guys that I play with all the time during local gatherings/tournaments.
Aw man, that bites. The few tournaments I've been in at least organized things so that people who drove there together don't get matched against each other early and whatnot.

USD

So Justin won (so far) the following at Focus Fire:

SSFIV Random
Vampire Savior
3S Teams
BBCS
Tekken 6
High Roller ST
ST

Half of those are side tournaments, but still, ridiculous. :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
Did they say Daigo won't play AE because he want's to stay solid on Vanilla Super 4?
Uhhhhh okay.
Nah, it's because he wants to stay solid on console SSFIV because that's where the action is at to him.

I'm surprised that he sounds willing to forgo the Japanese arcade scene entirely at this point though.

EDIT: Just realized I misread you. Man, don't use "Vanilla" and "Super" to describe the same thing. :p

USD said:

SSFIV Random
Vampire Savior
3S Teams
BBCS
Tekken 6
High Roller ST
ST

Focus fire - wong, marn, keits, kbeast + more - dec 11 & 12 - over $10k cash prizes donated to eg justin wong!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DryEyeRelief said:
is kadey1up in the shadowloo chat real or fake?

I almost never post in stream chats nowadays. If I do, it's usually only on TS streams and only to say hi and stuff for a minute. And I never use anything other than Kadeybaybe. Just him em have his fun. Pretty much everybody has an impostor or two these days.

Did they say Daigo won't play AE because he want's to stay solid on Vanilla Super 4?
Uhhhhh okay.

Out of everybody he probably had to spend the most time on it so far. It's obviously he'll be switching back and forth between the two. The former making him who he is and all the money he's making while latter will eventually replace the former fully no longer than a year.

Oh, if people haven't seen them yet. The latest costume pack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rUcTzNqqE0&hd=1

_dementia said:
Uhhhhh okay.

That's what Choi claims, apparently. The amount of time between AE release and port to consoles is gonna be the death of me

hitsugi said:
well, wasn't blackvegeta banned for a bit? D: he'll probably reclaim his spot this time around :lol
Yup, been banned for about 2 months total and some days.

I doubt I'll post alot now, doing mo lurking than anything else.

NeoUltima

USD said:

SSFIV Random
Vampire Savior
3S Teams
BBCS
Tekken 6
High Roller ST
ST

Didn't even know he played Tekken lol

_dementia said:
I'm just looking forward to rocking Yun on console. The leaked achievement list means it's happening, only no one knows when.
With Marvel coming out earlier than expected, I'm thinking we gonna have to wait until April-ish for AE :/

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
It's Sim, but I don't see any reason to believe it's actually Arturo playing. He doesn't play anything like Art, and it's pretty noticeable.

But who knows, I could be wrong.
I have to disagree. That is trademark Arturo, and even though it's underhanded to do that to TFA DeeDog, I still <3 Art & Team Spooky to the fullest.

simtmb

FindMyFarms said:
What happened? Says video is private

EVO online, one dude made it to the semi's or something. Vsing TS NerdJosh, owns Josh's Cammy, then all of a sudden NerdJosh selects Dhalsim and this guy is thinking he played against Arturo.

hitsugi

Timedog said:
Oh, and get dat cheesesticks too. Papa John has the best cheesesticks.

their cheesesticks are severely overpriced.. i think little caesars has them beat there.

now, with Daigo and AE - of course he's going to play. but Super is what's getting him flown all over the world, so I think it's natural that his focus would stay on that for a few more months (or however many until AE console release.........................)

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Uhhhhh okay.
Apparently Daigo is that fond of the American scene, it helps that he places more consistently here than Japan I guess. I thought I heard here on gaf that he hadn't been attending a tourney here recently because he was waiting or already playing AE?

Morris

Disco Devil
Just got new internetz. No more orange bars Floyd I hope...

Now I can finally play Seph or Hito without a red bar, fuck yeah.

Imm0rt4l said:
Apparently Daigo is that fond of the American scene, it helps that he places more consistently here than Japan I guess. I thought I heard here on gaf that he hadn't been attending a tourney here recently because he was waiting or already playing AE?

That's what Markman said. It's all conjecture at the moment. I can't see why he wouldn't compete in the scene over there, especially with the high level of play, which will help when he comes over here.

But I can see the reason for continuing to play the console edition, since it's free trips and money overseas.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
5jNZX.jpg

Exclusive for Threi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom