• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
I like how they stretched the image disproportionately so DeeJay looks fat.
Everything in STHD looks fat :lol

Threi

notag
Yoshichan said:
5jNZX.jpg

Exclusive for Threi.
fail.

I made 4 better templates with the same image.

USD

Threi said:
best rapper in the game right now
I saw the color change earlier (without the Flossy facial hair :lol), figured it was for Turquoise Jeep. :lol

And yeah, that art's from ST Revival, which had amazing art.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater: Ok, apparently my memory wasn't working last night. Still, even though I won my first match in our third round set, we both lost to Frank The Tank.

fubarduck

Oh yeah, for the guys interested in the Evo Online crap, it was definitely NerdJosh playing Sim. He plays like 10 chars and Sim is one of his secondary/counter picks.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
fubarduck said:
Oh yeah, for the guys interested in the Evo Online crap, it was definitely NerdJosh playing Sim. He plays like 10 chars and Sim is one of his secondary/counter picks.

you're no fun.

USD

fubarduck said:
Called it. He doesn't really play like Art does.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Satyamdas said:
I have to disagree. That is trademark Arturo, and even though it's underhanded to do that to TFA DeeDog, I still <3 Art & Team Spooky to the fullest.

Well, Nerd Josh plays with Arturo on a regular basis, so it's not too much of a stretch (lol) to assume he can play a little Dhalsim and that he uses some of Arturo's tricks.

That said, I didn't see the video but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Arturo playing. Kinda low down if that's the case. But on the other hand, could've been Josh. So...innocent until proven guilty imo.

One of the many flaws of holding an online tournament with big stakes. No way to tell for absolute certain who's actually playing unless you make a video of them sitting in front of the TV playing the match as it's happening. But I heard Evo Online was really well-organized and ran relatively smooth all things considered.

jman2050 said:
Marcus outright saying he might be able to beat Justin was the kiss of death

beating marn is pretty impressive though. i don't think any of the east coast 'bess bipsons' force marn to counter.

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
beating marn is pretty impressive though. i don't think any of the east coast 'bess bipsons' force marn to counter.
When is the last time Marn and Andre fought though? It wasn't any time recent.

There are really only two major EC Bisons, Andre and Yipes, and most would rate Yipes below all the other major Bison players (AndyOCR, Hugo 101, and Big Marcus).

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Well, Nerd Josh plays with Arturo on a regular basis, so it's not too much of a stretch (lol) to assume he can play a little Dhalsim and that he uses some of Arturo's tricks.

That said, I didn't see the video but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Arturo playing. Kinda low down if that's the case. But on the other hand, could've been Josh. So...innocent until proven guilty imo.

One of the many flaws of holding an online tournament with big stakes. No way to tell for absolute certain who's actually playing unless you make a video of them sitting in front of the TV playing the match as it's happening. But I heard Evo Online was really well-organized and ran relatively smooth all things considered.
I agree, innocent until proven guilty. Of course it is possible that wasn't Art playing, and I'd never claim that a replay alone is incontrovertible proof that it was, but I've been watching Art's Sim forever and that was textbook Sabin. In all the times I've seen Josh on streams down to his last match, I've never once seen him go to Sim to counterpick a Rog or any other character. Now Josh is a beast and I'd never say that he couldn't play Sim like that, but if I had to bet on whether it was Art or Josh in that particular match, I'm putting my money on Art.

Also, I find myself weighing potential cheating against "lolz online tourney", and I just can't muster up the gumption to give a fuck either way. It sucks for DeeDog since he can't prove he was cheated, but with this format you just have to accept the risk of lag and other hanky-panky.

USD

Satyamdas said:
I agree, innocent until proven guilty. Of course it is possible that wasn't Art playing, and I'd never claim that a replay alone is incontrovertible proof that it was, but I've been watching Art's Sim forever and that was textbook Sabin. In all the times I've seen Josh on streams down to his last match, I've never once seen him go to Sim to counterpick a Rog or any other character. Now Josh is a beast and I'd never say that he couldn't play Sim like that, but if I had to bet on whether it was Art or Josh in that particular match, I'm putting my money on Art.

Also, I find myself weighing potential cheating against "lolz online tourney", and I just can't muster up the gumption to give a fuck either way. It sucks for DeeDog since he can't prove he was cheated, but with this format you just have to accept the risk of lag and other hanky-panky.
Don't really see what made the Sim play anything like Art's. The choice of normals was totally different.

Also:

SRKfunkdoc-1: man you had art play for you and you still couldnt win!!!
SRKfunkdoc-1: im goin in on deedogg if i see him again lmao
nerdoyoshua: he should of showed how cammy raped his guile then the lag shot up and went to two bar
nerdoyoshua: and then he counterpicked that was the best part imo
SRKfunkdoc-1: i saw that <censored> in the chat by the brackets
SRKfunkdoc-1: and i was laughin irl
nerdoyoshua: he said he doesnt bet money unless its on g4g
nerdoyoshua: its like ok...
SRKfunkdoc-1: ahahahahaha

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
Don't really see what made the Sim play anything like Art's. The choice of normals was totally different.
Except they weren't.

USD said:
Also:

SRKfunkdoc-1: man you had art play for you and you still couldnt win!!!
SRKfunkdoc-1: im goin in on deedogg if i see him again lmao
nerdoyoshua: he should of showed how cammy raped his guile then the lag shot up and went to two bar
nerdoyoshua: and then he counterpicked that was the best part imo
SRKfunkdoc-1: i saw that <censored> in the chat by the brackets
SRKfunkdoc-1: and i was laughin irl
nerdoyoshua: he said he doesnt bet money unless its on g4g
nerdoyoshua: its like ok...
SRKfunkdoc-1: ahahahahaha
Don't see what this is supposed to prove.

USD

Didn't say it proved anything, but it's related to the topic. Seems to be a dead issue now anyway, the video was deleted (though maybe something will still come of it). If Art couldn't help NerdJosh win his way to the Top 16, I guess Art really has fallen off. :lol

Imm0rt4l said:
I'd love to see Justin play Alioune especially since Justin was talkin' pretty greasy at NEC.

Honestly, except for these combo videos and his reputation, do you think Justin wouldn't be able to shut him down, especially after what he did to Sako?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
OT3? Well well.

Satyamdas said:
Yo ugh. I understand wanting to spice up your videos, but man after about the 15th screen shaking effect I wanted to strangle whoever did that. Oh yeah fuck Cammy.

:lol

Every time I see videos like these of characters I used to play a lot more, it makes me want to hit the training room with them to get back into that character again - I really used to have IA Cannon Strikes down pact, and about a week or so ago I was playing around with her again and was really inconsistent with them.

Still played her better than I did with Makoto last week, didn't play her for a while and I just straight up stunk with her - not only did I lose every round with her, I miss-timed Karakusa > Ultra both times I attempted it.

Not much I can do about it now, I'm on vacation without the 360 till the end of January.

Imm0rt4l

Spiderjericho said:
Honestly, except for these combo videos and his reputation, do you think Justin wouldn't be able to shut him down, especially after what he did to Sako?
My money would be on Alioune getting bodied.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
Dudley is a trash character, but at least he's not deejay.

Thrash character lol? He just is extremely execution dependent, giving the right skills he simply dominates. He's only problems are some really fucked up matchups.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Thrash character lol? He just is extremely execution dependent, giving the right skills he simply dominates. He's only problems are some really fucked up matchups.

Bullshit, he's not C.Viper. The only hard things to do with Dudley are cRH x3 or Ducking Upper FADC cLP, and those aren't even things that improve his game. His lows are trash and he only has one poke. His resets get him killed and his crossup takes inhuman pixel measurement. He has three special moves that are broken and one more that sucks.

The only good things about Dudley are easy mode 450 damage combos that link off of anything, unique punishes, above average anti-airs and higher than normal health. He's gonna be bad ass in AE with a better sweep and RH as well as EX Ducking, but I still say he's trash.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Someone get me a decent quality screencap of Makoto hitting U1 on a Honda and Honda is wearing the costume that makes it look like she's sticking her hand down his pants. Want new avatar :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom