• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

h3ro said:
Retailer exclusive Ultras in AE.

If you buy at Gamestop, then all characters have 3 frame jabs. Amazon nets you 1 meter FADC.
I really hope someone gets their head out of their ass in time to stop this from becoming reality..

Then again, the fatalities will likely be released as dlc later on.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
you know as stupid as this is...

its NOT worst than paid DLC characters and pre-order/special edition exclusive characters.
Definitely.

Also, I see you do this a lot. The word you're looking for is "worse" not "worst".

"Also, I see you do this a lot. The word you're looking for is "worse" not "worst"."

"also, Threi's Flint Flo$$y avatar is too fucking amazing."

Who is Flint Flo$$y? Do you mean Flynt Flo$$y?

Teknopathetic said:
"Also, I see you do this a lot. The word you're looking for is "worse" not "worst"."

"also, Threi's Flint Flo$$y avatar is too fucking amazing."

Who is Flint Flo$$y? Do you mean Flynt Flo$$y?
Yes

What TV's do you guys play on at home?

We should do a roll call, like what characters everybody uses.

Just trying to see what tv's are good for lag.

I have a Panny C42HD18 (plasma).

I honestly don't feel any lag on it, but I have never officially ran the tests on it.

hitsugi

I have a 60 hz LG 47" LCD. Seems lag-free but yeah, nothing "official" has been tested. Should be noted that one of my friends has an updated model with 120 hz and it's pretty terrible with lag.

hitsugi said:
I have a 60 hz LG 47" LCD. Seems lag-free but yeah, nothing "official" has been tested. Should be noted that one of my friends has an updated model with 120 hz and it's pretty terrible with lag.

Do you have that LD450 model line by chance?

Almost has a heart attack when I read the post re: retailer exclusive ultras, until I realized it was a joke post :lol

Shit ain't funny, man

AZ Greg

cHaotix8 said:
I think a lot of players call Dudley bad as a cop-out for when they lose.

Too many players do that IMO. And not just with Dudley, but with virtually the entire cast except for maybe the few agreed upon best characters. And even then you sometimes see it.

I think that attitude is a huge roadblock for a lot of players as well. Don't get me wrong, venting about character weaknesses and annoying MUs is one thing, but putting W/L results almost solely on the character and ignoring that it is more than likely you, the player, is always funny to me. Sure a player may be able to switch to a "better" or "easier" character and have a higher win percentage, but that only reflects negatively on the character at the highest level of play when the player is squeezing everything there is out of a character. Otherwise it just looks like you need a handicap IMO.

I think before players blame their character for their losing at a local tournament/session or online match vs. randoms/GAF, they should put a better player in their shoes, preferably a top level player who plays their character, and ask themselves, would that player have had better results vs. the player who just beat me? If the answer is "Yes" then the character is obviously not the problem. Using Dudley as an example (Since we're already talking about him and he is a good example since he isn't a great or horrible character), if someone plays Dudley and they get bodied at local sessions, vs. GAF online, or wherever, but Marn, for example, could easily handle these same opponents with his Dudley then quit acting like the character is the reason you are losing.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I game on a 42" G10 Panasonic Plasma. Tested it vs a CRT and surprisingly it was well under a frame almost all the time. (RUN @ 1080p game mode enabled. Aero turned off.)

Sony CRT Monitor (ie PC) used. It could easily accept 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

The input lag @ 720p was a few ms slower but still around a frame.

Also, people really should check http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/reviews.php the reviews are outstanding and many newer reviews have an input lag section where the site owner (?) tests these new HD displays against a CRT for input lag.

AZ well said.

Threi

notag
Well for me it's either an old-as-fuck (I'm talkin 1994) 42" Rear Projection SD CRT (no input lag though):

Or a generic 17" 1280x1024 Viewsonic Monitor (rated at 8ms, but when i conducted my own tests plugging it in with a CRT monitor there was no noticeable difference; used this test)

not relevant at all towards your question, but yeah dat ghetto.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I've been messing around with a lot of different characters lately. I haven't played any of my mains in like a week or so. I want to be able to play every character at least somewhat decently on a basic level, so I'm going through and doing the C to shining C achievement.

I think so far I've had the most fun with Cody, Dhalsim, Gouken, Dudley, and Bison. I think I might start playing those characters for real. Especially Cody and Dudley.

Most unfun has probably been Juri, and not only because I lost a lot with her. I lost a lot with Sim too but he's still really fun. I dunno, Juri seems like she has an identity crisis or something. I can't even tell what they designed her to be good at other than corner pressure.

She has a passable zoning game too, I guess. She has some pretty good AAs, but she's low health so if they trade it's almost always bad for her.

AZ Greg said:
Too many players do that IMO. And not just with Dudley, but with virtually the entire cast except for maybe the few agreed upon best characters. And even then you sometimes see it.

I think that attitude is a huge roadblock for a lot of players as well. Don't get me wrong, venting about character weaknesses and annoying MUs is one thing, but putting W/L results almost solely on the character and ignoring that it is more than likely you, the player, is always funny to me. Sure a player may be able to switch to a "better" or "easier" character and have a higher win percentage, but that only reflects negatively on the character at the highest level of play when the player is squeezing everything there is out of a character. Otherwise it just looks like you need a handicap IMO.

I think before players blame their character for their losing at a local tournament/session or online match vs. randoms/GAF, they should put a better player in their shoes, preferably a top level player who plays their character, and ask themselves, would that player have had better results vs. the player who just beat me? If the answer is "Yes" then the character is obviously not the problem. Using Dudley as an example (Since we're already talking about him and he is a good example since he isn't a great or horrible character), if someone plays Dudley and they get bodied at local sessions, vs. GAF online, or wherever, but Marn, for example, could easily handle these same opponents with his Dudley then quit acting like the character is the reason you are losing.

Real talk.

Lost Fragment said:
Most unfun has probably been Juri, and not only because I lost a lot with her. I lost a lot with Sim too but he's still really fun. I dunno, Juri seems like she has an identity crisis or something. I can't even tell what they designed her to be good at other than corner pressure.

I am convinced Capcom themselves have no idea what they wanted her to do. They must have been drinking as they designed her lol.

She has a passable zoning game too, I guess.
Yeah not so much lol...

She has some pretty good AAs, but she's low health so if they trade it's almost always bad for her.

Yep

Paging USD

:)

This one should be the last set of character updates from the blog

Satyamdas said:
Sim super nerfed to 300 damage D:

:\

Am I reading right? He can combo into EX flame from crouching punches now? What other nerfs did he get?

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Am I reading right? He can combo into EX flame from crouching punches now? What other nerfs did he get?
I can't make heads or tails of the babelfish nonsense, but it looks like he has new potential combos as you said, has some damage nerfs (lol), and of course they fixed his backdash (THANK YOU BASED GOD).

[OVERALL]
It has been found that a review of the overall amount of damage,
The downward adjustment comes in everywhere,
The rest of the adjustment comes in for a fight Dhalsim becomes easier.
The characters are divided by a larger partner likes and dislikes,
Has relatively high potential.

edit (from SRK):
kyokugen: Sim,
kyokugen: Normal
kyokugen: c.MP with the lever back has faster startup, less recovery
kyokugen: c.MP->c.MP->EX Flame doable
kyokugen: Special
kyokugen: Faster startup on EX Yoga Flame, more comboable
kyokugen: Damage is now 50-70 distro because of this

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
kyokugen: Sim,
kyokugen: Normal
kyokugen: c.MP with the lever back has faster startup, less recovery
kyokugen: c.MP->c.MP->EX Flame doable
kyokugen: Special
kyokugen: Faster startup on EX Yoga Flame, more comboable
kyokugen: Damage is now 50-70 distro because of this
kyokugen: Super
kyokugen: Yoga Inferno dmg reduced to 300
kyokugen: Other

from SRK

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Seems like Sim got somewhat buffed overall.

Thinking Mak/Sim is still gonna be 6/4 in AE though :D

edit:

Overall damage has been reduced

Oh. Not really obvious if he's gonna be better off or worse off then.

USD

DHALSIM

Normals
- DB+MP has faster startup, less recovery. cr.MP → cr.MP → EX Yoga Flame combos

Specials
-EX Yoga Flame is faster, combos from strong/forward normals
-EX Flame is now 50+70 (formerly 90+90)

Super Combo
-Yoga Inferno now does 300 damage (formerly 350)

Other
-Is considered mid-air immediately after the invincibility frames of his backdash end
-Overall damage has been reduced

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Thinking Mak/Sim is still gonna be 6/4 in AE though :D
2dv8voj.gif

NEVAR!

USD

M.BISON

Normals
-st.HK does 80 damage from the knee to the tip, 110 from the base
-cr.LK has a bigger hittable box, making it easier to stuff

Specials
-LK Double Knee Press pushes Bison back further on block

Super Combo
-Knee Press Nightmare is projectile-invincible during active frames

Ultra Combos
-Psycho Punisher (UC2) is now a charge command, does 450 damage (up from 420)

Edgeward

Bipson's super got buffed but the corner pressure game got nerfed. So that's probably means double knee press x 2 no more?

XenoRaven

USD said:
M.BISON

Normals
-st.HK does 80 damage from the knee to the tip, 110 from the base
-cr.LK has a bigger hittable box, making it easier to stuff

Specials
-LK Double Knee Press pushes Bison back further on block

Super Combo
-Knee Press Nightmare is projectile-invincible during active frames

Ultra Combos
-Psycho Punisher (UC2) is now a charge command, does 450 damage (up from 420)
:D

USD

AKUMA

Specials
-MP Shoryuken has more invincibility from startup to 5f
-Rising Air Tatsu has a different trajectory, can no longer do escape Tatsu
-EX Tatsu does less damage, stun

Ultra Combos
-Demon Armageddon (UC2) has a downward extended hitbox when done off of a Ashura (Teleport) cancel
-st.HP → Teleport → UC2 possible, working as a sort of Shin Raging Demon

Other
-Is considered mid-air immediately after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Edgeward said:
Bipson's super got buffed but the corner pressure game got nerfed. So that's probably means double knee press x 2 no more?

I don't play Bison, but I think what it means is it'll be a little bit easier to escape his pressure.

cr.lk after scissors might whiff now (though it could still be used as an option select), so Bisons might have to start using mk if they want to scissors x2, but cr.mk is like 5 frames and can be counterhit pretty easy if you know that's what they're gonna do. But the option select cr.lk would stuff most things if you try and hit a cr.mk so it's like a miniature 50/50. But if you block, the cr.lk will probably whiff and Bison won't get the second scissors. They could do it after the cr.lk whiffs, but there's gonna be more of a gap for escape.

USD

T.HAWK

Normals
-cl.HK has less recovery, is +4 on hit (according to the Super frame data, however, it was already +4)
-st.HK does more hit/block stun, making it harder to punish
-Diagonal j.HK has slightly more active frames

Specials
-EX Condor Dive can be done as a single move; can be done on a back jump, is projectile-invincible until the end of the attack
-LP Condor Spire hitbox extended forward
-Condor Spire builds more meter when done

Super Combo
-Double Typhoon now has the same range as LP Mexican Typhoon (1.5, up from 1.35)

Ultra Combo
-Raging Slash (UC2) has a faster startup, attack continues until the end of invincibility, making it incredibly easy to use as an anti-air

Mœbius

USD said:
AKUMA

Specials
-MP Shoryuken has more invincibility from startup to 5f
-Rising Air Tatsu has a different trajectory, can no longer do escape Tatsu
-EX Tatsu does less damage, stun

Ultra Combos
-Demon Armageddon (UC2) has a downward extended hitbox when done off of a Ashura (Teleport) cancel
-st.HP → Teleport → UC2 possible, working as a sort of Shin Raging Demon

Other

Thanks USD.

Seems Akuma has escaped the nerf hammer relatively unscathed. Slightly disappointed that his stun in general hasn't been increased a little bit to Vanilla levels (instead we have another move with stun reduction).

Most people didn't realise it at the time I think, what with all the U2 and HK loop removal bitching, but the real nerf to Akuma in Super was his stun reduction, which was (and should be) a big part of his game. I guess a potentially playable Shin Akuma in AE could be the reason for this not being buffed though...

Lost Fragment said:
I don't play Bison, but I think what it means is it'll be a little bit easier to escape his pressure.

cr.lk after scissors might whiff now (though it could still be used as an option select), so Bisons might have to start using mk if they want to scissors x2, but cr.mk is like 5 frames and can be counterhit pretty easy if you know that's what they're gonna do. But the option select cr.lk would stuff most things if you try and hit a cr.mk so it's like a miniature 50/50. But if you block, the cr.lk will probably whiff and Bison won't get the second scissors. They could do it after the cr.lk whiffs, but there's gonna be more of a gap for escape.

Cr.mk has about the exact same range as cr.lk so thats not going to work. Cr.mk is active longer and does a bit more damage so it can be good to use sometimes to see if the other person is gonna try and throw out a low poke on wakeup, which will usually just counterhit if they do.

Edit: Yeah cr.mk does have more range, still not sure if what you said is gonna work till we see the actual pushback change on lk sk. Still though I tend to use it more for counterhit fishing anyways.

Capcom formula for balancing characters that they don't want to make super buff (i.e. not dudley, sak, mak etc. etc.)

- Make unnecessary, and somewhat borderline uncalled for/ridiculous nerfs to characters that didn't need them to begin with (i.e. dhalsim damage nerfs)
- Give them something inconsequential in return (yeah, dhalsim wants to be in your face doing combos:lol ) that the character doesn't really need

- WE THINKS THIS CHARACTER HAS MORE POTENTIAL NOW

rinse/repeat

Satyamdas

Banned
pirateben said:
Thanks USD.

Seems Akuma has escaped the nerf hammer relatively unscathed. Slightly disappointed that his stun in general hasn't been increased a little bit to Vanilla levels (instead we have another move with stun reduction).

Most people didn't realise it at the time I think, what with all the U2 and HK loop removal bitching, but the real nerf to Akuma in Super was his stun reduction, which was (and should be) a big part of his game. I guess a potentially playable Shin Akuma in AE could be the reason for this not being buffed though...
With the most godlike mixups in the game, and a lot of characters having 900 stun, I really don't think Akuma needed MORE stun in AE. If anything, he needed more stun nerfs than just EX Tatsu.

stabicron7 said:
Cr.mk has about the exact same range as cr.lk so thats not going to work. Cr.mk is active longer and does a bit more damage so it can be good to use sometimes to see if the other person is gonna try and throw out a low poke on wakeup, which will usually just counterhit if they do.
No.

Scissor pressure is still there. More pushback means more chances and what not. Just means you have to be meaty at the knockdown (which most Bison's are anyways) for that second rep. The nerf really just means that Bison has to think more carefully as to what he shoudl do after the second rep.

Also, longer range on Hawk's super... really Capcom?

USD

ADON

Normals
-Normals overall have been buffed
-Frame changes to cr.LP, cl.MP, cr.HP
-Most notably, cl.MP is now +6 on hit, a massive increase in advantage (up from -1), can link into to Special attacks
-st.LP, st.MP, cr.MP have improved hitboxes

Specials
-EX Jaguar Tooth does not EX flash until Adon reaches the wall, is projectile-invincible until he lands
-MK Jaguar Kick has adjusted push, cl.HP → MK Jaguar Kick combos

Super Combo
-Jaguar Varied Assault has a 7-frame startup (two frames faster), the first hit has a downward-extended hitbox

Other
-Has a longer wakeup time

USD said:
DHALSIM

Normals
- B+MP has faster startup, less recovery. cr.MP → cr.MP → EX Yoga Flame combos

Specials
-EX Yoga Flame is faster, combos from strong/forward normals
-EX Flame is now 50+70 (formerly 90+90)

Super Combo
-Yoga Inferno now does 300 damage (formerly 350)

Other
-Overall damage has been reduced

made a revision there

FindMyFarms said:
Capcom formula for balancing characters that they don't want to make super buff (i.e. not dudley, sak, mak etc. etc.)

- Make unnecessary, and somewhat borderline uncalled for/ridiculous nerfs to characters that didn't need them to begin with (i.e. dhalsim damage nerfs)
- Give them something inconsequential in return (yeah, dhalsim wants to be in your face doing combos:lol ) that the character doesn't really need

- WE THINKS THIS CHARACTER HAS MORE POTENTIAL NOW

rinse/repeat
devs say they want characters not to be played using 1 or 2 tactics and make changes
players whine devs didn't strengthen said 1 or 2 overused tactics

ex. ryu close roundhouse buffed to combo afterward
'why the fuck.. I never even use that' (missing the entire point)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
USD said:
ADON

Normals
-Normals overall have been buffed
-Frame changes to cr.LP, cl.MP, cr.HP
-Most notably, cl.MP is now +6 on hit, a massive increase in advantage (up from -1), can link into to Special attacks
-st.LP, st.MP, cr.MP have improved hitboxes

Specials
-EX Jaguar Tooth does not EX flash until Adon reaches the wall, is projectile-invincible until he lands
-MK Jaguar Kick had adjusted pushback, cl.HP → MK Jaguar Kick combos

Super Combo
-Jaguar Varied Assault has a 7-frame startup (two frames faster), the first hit has a downward-extended hitbox

Other
-Has a longer wakeup time

:lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
anotheriori said:
devs say they want characters not to be played using 1 or 2 tactics and make changes
players whine devs didn't strengthen said 1 or 2 overused tactics

Cause there isn't really a lot you can do with "most" of the characters anyways :lol

So once one tactics gets nerfed and they introduce a new one...guess what back to 1 or 2 tatics just with something different :lol

*edit* LOL wow wtf at adon buffs :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom