• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superstore |OT| Not that one, Canada

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Just watched the entire first season today.. it was fucking great. Also love the subtitle as we have a RCSS up the street from us, hehe.

So glad it got a season 2.

The "You got there from Hugh Laurie.." line made me guffaw so hard. I love clever writing.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Man that was so hilarious.

Its such a thinker line too.. Because he's talking about building houses.. and if you aren't familiar with House M.D. it'd go right over your head, but goddamn I had to pause it and let the laugh run its course.. it was so good.

ElRenoRaven

Its such a thinker line too.. Because he's talking about building houses.. and if you aren't familiar with House M.D. it'd go right over your head, but goddamn I had to pause it and let the laugh run its course.. it was so good.

Yes it was without a doubt. And just for fun.

nqME2xB.jpg

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the subtitle was added since I honestly would have thought this was about the Real Canadian Superstore.

I'll check this out when I get a chance.

ElRenoRaven

Just watched the secret shopper episode in season 1, holy fuck that was the funniest shit. Show is great.

OH that episode was awesome. Garrett tricking Mateo into thinking it was Noah was hilarious. I loved when Mateo brought the meatballs in and He's like oh he doesn't like that. Then convinces him to go to a bakery that he loves. Garrett really cracks me up a ton on that show. He steals the show half the time. Without a doubt one of my favorite characters on that show.

23qwerty

OH that episode was awesome. Garrett tricking Mateo into thinking it was Noah was hilarious. I loved when Mateo brought the meatballs in and He's like oh he doesn't like that. Then convinces him to go to a bakery that he loves. Garrett really cracks me up a ton on that show. He steals the show half the time. Without a doubt one of my favorite characters on that show.

The scene where Glenn calls Jonah into his office slayed my girlfriend and I, unbelievably funny stuff

tearsofash

I love this show. I hated that ending though. Made me quickly jump to google to see if the show had a
second season planned
.XD

curb

Banned
Yea. I miss the days when NBC was the king of comedies. Shame they killed Undateable. That would have been another great one to put on a Thursday comedy block along with this.

That just makes the Undateable cancellation all the worse now that you've put that idea in my head.

The overnight is one of my favorite episodes of any show. I've got a lot of hope for season two.
"Here's Glen rocking the don't let him near your children."
Thanks to this thread I re-marathoned season one.

ohNOitsRO

Saw that Olympic premier commercial for the new season and decided to binge this show with the girlfriend... Something about the cast is just spot on, and the situations aren't boring, and the writing is really enjoyable as well..

Looking forward to season 2

ElRenoRaven

Pretty damn good episode. Kind of weird though how they're all still working there in it. You know it had to be made after season 1 was done so weird to see that not addressed. But it's a one off episode so I can overlook it. Was hilarious anyway.

At least it made that wait till the season starts in late September a bit easier.

Wait, was the episode set before the S1 finale?

They don't say. It's supposed to be a one off. Still it does make things weird. I'd have started it as a framing of a flashback or something. I know in the guide they labeled it season 2 episode 1 even though it isn't. Season doesn't start till sept 22nd.

vypek

They don't say. It's supposed to be a one off. Still it does make things weird. I'd have started it as a framing of a flashback or something. I know in the guide they labeled it season 2 episode 1 even though it isn't. Season doesn't start till sept 22nd.

Saw on my DVR schedule for the week that this is about to come back but its labeled as Season 2 Episode 2. Thought I had missed an episode but its good to know that its just a weird labeling due to the Olympic special.

Also noticed when I googled the show that rotten tomatoes has such a poor score on the show. Was pretty surprising.

ElRenoRaven

Saw on my DVR schedule for the week that this is about to come back but its labeled as Season 2 Episode 2. Thought I had missed an episode but its good to know that its just a weird labeling due to the Olympic special.

Also noticed when I googled the show that rotten tomatoes has such a poor score on the show. Was pretty surprising.

What? From what I read before it came out critics loved it. Just shows why I never pay attention to sites like that. Season 1 did well ratings wise too so guess RT is wrong. lol

And yup yup. Season 2 this next week baby!. So can't wait!

FinKL

Binged 7 episodes over the past 2 days. Glad I finally got around to watching it, saw lots of promos for season 2 recently and always thought it was a funny and interesting concept.

vypek

What? From what I read before it came out critics loved it. Just shows why I never pay attention to sites like that. Season 1 did well ratings wise too so guess RT is wrong. lol

And yup yup. Season 2 this next week baby!. So can't wait!

Everywhere else the show has good marks so I don't know why it has a blemish in one area like that. It surprised me.

Season 2 episode 1 was hilarious when Mateo started freakin out to his mom on the phone when he realized his green card was fake lmao!!

You just reminded me that my episode got cut off and that I need to catch that one again.

ElRenoRaven

So yea. 7 minutes into the season premiere and I have to say they're continuing where they left off. Episode is funny as hell. Just seeing their reactions to what Dina did was hilarious.

ElRenoRaven

Yea. It was good. Predictable that it would end the way it did but it was still damn good. Garrett continues to steal the show a lot. He's quickly becoming my favorite character on the show.

I gave the show a chance back when the first few episodes were original up on NBC's site last year, I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far, premiere outcome was obvious but I enjoyed it.

Garrett is definitely the best character and I wish him luck on "converting" her because, wow. The actress actually Tweeted to make sure people knew she didn't share the beliefs of her character which is on one hand silly that people would jump to that conclusion but on the other seeing how often I've seen people confuse a character with the actual person, probably a smart move.

ElRenoRaven

I gave the show a chance back when the first few episodes were original up on NBC's site last year, I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far, premiere outcome was obvious but I enjoyed it.

Garrett is definitely the best character and I wish him luck on "converting" her because, wow. The actress actually Tweeted to make sure people knew she didn't share the beliefs of her character which is on one hand silly that people would jump to that conclusion but on the other seeing how often I've seen people confuse a character with the actual person, probably a smart move.

Yea. It's sad that anyone who is acting has to make it a point to go hey I don't believe what my character does but sadly the world has gotten that bad. That said I love his method for converting her. That whole sub plot to the episode was without a doubt probably my favorite part of it.

Ramsiege

This last episode with Amy and Jonah daring each other to do stuff was great. Amy dressed as the cloud saying she was a cannibal was hilarious.

vypek

So, I totally stole Jonah's halloween costume.

Y0yJUXhl.jpg

lol nice. And I was also surprised in the show that they didn't have anyone ask him what it was at all.

I'm really enjoying this series. Maybe NBC will start pulling me back in

ElRenoRaven

Nice! I was actually wondering what he was. Lol. I thought he was from some obscure British band or something but Brexit is so Jonah.

Yup. It's certainly Jonah to do that. Show always manages to crack me up. We need more folks to find this show so the thread can stay more active. lol

Top Bottom