• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

swear during skype call on Xbox One: go right ahead. You won't be banned for that.

Philly40

It's likely the video the guy uploaded was the most retarded bullshit anyone could imagine. Calling Riley a nigger or something. No one reports videos just for a curse or two, and the Enforcement Team doesn't have the human bandwidth to watch every video uploaded.

So my money is on him having called Riley a nigger.

oh, and there is no auto-detection system yet.

since the whole thread is predicated on bannable phrases, did you need to word it how you did?

hohoXD123

v0Pkq.gif

TwiztidElf

I had some placeholder messages in Xbox Fitness last night on the P90X Shoulders and Arms workout.

For example when it usually says things like "You're doing good! Keep it up!", it would show "P90x_S&A_Curl_1221msg"

Also, GTA (for example) has had several dicks in it. And tits.

God of War has had tits (not an Xbox franchise, I know). So the games can have them, but we can't? That's a bit of a silly contradiction. Not that i'm looking for nudity on twitch. Rather, I'm asking the question who is the person determining what is "art" and what isn't.
Honestly, their policies are probably based mostly on what they think is going to result in the fewest number of calls to customer service (and therefore cost them the least money). That's why they're never going to ban the masses of kids constantly shouting obscenities and racist/homophobic statements online, because then they'd have to deal with all those parents calling in to complain.

mancan92

Banned
Lol people will make stories out of anything. He was probably a dick while playing online and released dick shots etc. Ive sworn about 50+ times on skype already

Steel

Banned
is this confirmed, or just rumor?

MS responded to Polygon on it and confirmed that they don't listen to Skype calls but anyone can get banned from certain services based on behavior. So people banned from upload studio for cursing are also banned from skype.

Edit:
For 24 hours.

GavinGT

Banned
I just cursed up a storm on Skype. Those bastards gave me a fine!

demolitionman-curses.jpg

Actually, no, nothing happened. I'm not banned from anything.

Vizzeh

Banned
Have skipped through most of this thread, but seems quite the laugh.

Please tell me this has been resolved/joke post :p

smik

So is this pretty much confirmation that MS is monitoring things you say to Kinect?

why would anyone in there right mind have the kinect on? just for a speech "feature"

if your fine with being bio metrically monitored with Kinects feature set and want all your home entertainment potentially analysed then sheep ahead, i wouldnt even plugged the kinect in, just game without it even though this story sounds like a ban from MP voice chat

leadbelly

Banned
I want to do the Xbox Live Gold Shuffle.

Do the Xbox Live,
Lets talk some Jive,
And do the Xbox Live,
I feel so alive,
When I do the Xbox Live

Top Bottom