• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

MSMrRound

Wow...I think I need some time to get used to this no-stamina required type of gacha game.

If anyone got any Sinons that they don't want, feel free to throw them my way, if you may. I'm a big fan of hers. Thank you.

Uthred

The no-stamina is weird, too used to having the game tell me "You're done for now". Though the price one pays seems to be the grind, both xp and unlock crystals have started to require grinding.

Kettch

I'm really starting to like the game play a lot. I got destroyed my first try at the level 40 story dragon fight. Had to learn when to block, when to dodge and when to get attacks in, then managed to take him down.

Dandte

My Seven needs some strong Gaf buddys to defeat the Exp Event Boss. Added Quonny and linky from the Friendlist and put myself up...Gaf unite!

chrono01

I managed to get Nox to work on my PC, so I'm using it to re-roll now. Definitely helps not having to download each time. It runs a bit slower than on my phone, but the no download makes up for it.

Time to continue re-rolling!

ReaperXL7

Keep forgetting to add my id 260274963774, my main is Sinon. I'm a little behind in leveling due to how long I decided to reroll but catching up.

chrono01

Are there any 4* healers aside from Seven in JP yet? If so, which should I keep an eye out for?
There's Fire Asuna, who's SS Tier. There's also a couple more.

A lot of the top-tier characters have a self-heal too, such as Silica. That being said, Heal All is still appreciated, so Seven will be a great character to bring along in co-op quests.

BTW, in-regards to Nox, is there a way to quickly force close an app, or do I need to continually go into settings to do it?

Edit: Ugh, got Kirito. The re-rolling continues!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm assuming I should just hold all my diamonds for the time being? I have enough for an 11 pull of characters or weapons, but I'm not sure it's worth it right now.

W-00

Hm... Three star Klein and three star Yuuki... Best I've rolled so far, but still trash, right?

At least rerolling on Memu is so much easier and faster than doing it on my actual tablet.

Kettch

Just unlocked Silica's 3rd skill, and man is that a game changer. Feels like the buff at least doubles her attack. Everything just melts after I trigger it.

Amon37

Got a 4* treasure hunter phillia, I don't see it on a tier list, so she sucks? Or stop rerolling since I got any 4*?

MiTYH

This game is... interesting. I love the menus, gameplay is fun, but I really suck at guard/parry. That seems to be the only way to succeed against bosses.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Chapter 9 is giving me trouble because I don't have a blunt weapon damage character. I also need new weapons becuase I don't have upgraded stuff. Maybe this is the wall...

chrono01

I'm going to grab dinner in a bit and resume re-rolling. If I don't get a Yuuki/Silica by later this evening, I'm going ahead with my Kirito account. He's ranked A on the Japanese tier site which, oddly enough, is the same as Yuuki. I still want the former, though. Ideally, Silica would be the best, but...

I know Seven is an A+, and will age better than Kirito, but I need a melee-type for my starting character. I just can't get into ranged at all.

Caim

I'm going to grab dinner in a bit and resume re-rolling. If I don't get a Yuuki/Silica by later this evening, I'm going ahead with my Kirito account. He's ranked A on the Japanese tier site which, oddly enough, is the same as Yuuki. I still want the former, though. Ideally, Silica would be the best, but...

I know Seven is an A+, and will age better than Kirito, but I need a melee-type for my starting character. I just can't get into ranged at all.

I went with Kirito as well and I'm just about done with story.

I'll end up doing one more multi before saving for the elemental gachas I guess.

Caim

Have you pulled characters or weapons besides the initial pulls?

I did one multi on weapons and one for characters.

I got some decent 3* weapons and Yuuki's 4* sword.

My pull on characters was terrible resulting in 9 2* and 2 3* characters.

EDIT: 2nd multi got me this. Time to save!

LjcMWdT.png

Quixzlizx

OK, I just got Lightning Flash Asuna. Is she one of the better 4* chars? If she's decent at all, I'm fucking done rerolling :lol

So how do I link my account to something so it's saved, anyway?

Caim

OK, I just got Lightning Flash Asuna. Is she one of the better 4* chars? If she's decent at all, I'm fucking done rerolling :lol

B tier according to some tier list, but honestly still good enough to get through story and stuff. I started with Kirito who is the same tier and I did just fine.

I don't know if there is a way to link accounts.

W-00

If you mean you were making it on an emulator and want to transfer it, use the menu to go to others and then to transfer. That will give you a code and let you set a password to transfer it to another device.

ReaperXL7

how... do people have lvl 80 friends up already?

Is there some good lvling areas?

Yeah, in the event tab a quest will show up occasionally where you can get a ton of exp from killing bunnies. I'm not sure what the schedule for them is yet though.

Caim

Yeah, in the event tab a quest will show up occasionally where you can get a ton of exp from killing bunnies. I'm not sure what the schedule for them is yet though.

8-9 AM (5:00-6:00 PST)
3-4 PM (12:00-13:00 PST)
12-1 AM (21:00-22:00 PST)

Also when you get farther in story you can start getting EXP Hi and X-Potions from chests which give good experience too.

ReaperXL7

Also when you get farther in story you can start getting EXP Hi and X-Potions from chests which give good experience too.

Awesome thanks!

Also, as a suggestion it would be a good idea to put Gaf in your profiles to make it easier to know we are adding Gaf members. I'd be surprised if there isn't some form of guild system at some point down the line.

Jeffrey

8am
3pm
3am

for est if im reading this right?

thats... quite shitty for me lol.

drive to work, at work, sleeping.

Teiran

If you're reading this, go get some exp from the urgent quest!

That event boss on EX is... yeah. It's valuable dodging practice, but I'm not nearly good enough to beat it with a non-Silica companion (let alone within 90 seconds for S rank).

Pejo

Gold Member
4* Seven get! Done with this re-rolling hell. I actually really like the way mages play in this game, better than melee at least. Glad I got a healer, I always tend to gravitate to them in multiplayer games anyways.

Wonder if I can actually dent this event if I start grinding now...

chrono01

All of the re-rolling paid off! I've been doing it since launch the day before yesterday and I finally managed to get Silica! Needless to say, I was paranoid transferring the account from Nox to my iPhone, but it worked! Oddly enough, it was the first re-roll I did after dinner, and was my tutorial one. Unfortunately, I had to spend 25 gems, even though I didn't want to, to summon again, since all of them would be lost in the transfer (I got a 2* out of that one). I still ended up losing another 6 gems that I couldn't use, but it's all good!

Not to (finally) play.

Caim

All of the re-rolling paid off! I've been doing it since launch the day before yesterday and I finally managed to get Silica! Needless to say, I was paranoid transferring the account from Nox to my iPhone, but it worked! Oddly enough, it was the first re-roll I did after dinner, and was my tutorial one. Unfortunately, I had to spend 25 gems, even though I didn't want to, to summon again, since all of them would be lost in the transfer (I got a 2* out of that one). I still ended up losing another 6 gems that I couldn't use, but it's all good!

Not to (finally) play.

Congrats! Glad it finally paid off.

Caim

are there no healing items? story stuff is starting to get a bit hard (just met silica).

Nope, but there are characters that can heal like Seven, and Silica.

I think you also heal while you're switched out with another character, but I'm not sure.

Uthred

I'm assuming I should just hold all my diamonds for the time being? I have enough for an 11 pull of characters or weapons, but I'm not sure it's worth it right now.

Weapons might be worth it, gacha ones are a step up from their similarly ranked equivalents and a good 3* or 2* weapon can be a solid boost

The Gleam Eyes fight is fucking dumb. There's no way to know when you can or can't party.

That fight was tough I just gave up on parrying and ended up using hit and run tactics, baiting out his moves by running vertically up and down the stage, took a fair few attempts but got it done in the end (I was underleveled at that point, which I think is inevitable giving the difference between xp gain and story progression)

chrono01

I added those who had their info listed in the Google Doc, as well as added my details there. I forgot to do it earlier in the day, my brain was destroyed due to all of the re-rolling. :/

linkent

Gratz Brono, about damn time.

Really hard to get used to no Stamina system.
It felt really strange without the urge to finish up our stamina from time to time.

chrono01

Gratz Brono, about damn time.

Really hard to get used to no Stamina system.
It felt really strange without the urge to finish up our stamina from time to time.
Thanks man. It's nice when your patience is rewarded. I'm not going to lie, I was tempted to give up more than a few times, but I managed to hang in there.

And yeah, the no-stamina thing definitely takes some getting used to, but in a good way. Normally, with gatcha games, I have to hurry and burn off some stamina at the beginning (and end) of each day, unless it's wasted. Here though, I don't have to do that and can just casually log in and play whenever I have time, and as much time as I want to as well. I love that.

Dandte

Yikes i hate mobile gafs messages system.

Apperently i got a message from a fellow gacha gaffer but my postbox won't show it...it is under "over a year ago". Today i send a message to brono but there is no trace of it in my postbox.....urgh.

chrono01

Yikes i hate mobile gafs messages system.

Apperently i got a message from a fellow gacha gaffer but my postbox won't show it...it is under "over a year ago". Today i send a message to brono but there is no trace of it in my postbox.....urgh.
Yeah, I definitely didn't receive anything from you via PM. Maybe GAF just hates me. :(

Top Bottom