• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell & PlayStation Team Up For You To Get a Chance to Win a PSVR

Jzero

So the online code is a one time thing huh? Seemed too good to be true to get a free code everyday

Q: How often can the Online Code be played?
A: The Online Code is non-unique, but may only be used once per entrant per day between 12:00 AM ET on October 5, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM ET on October 19, 2016.

Just like Taco Bell promotions previously. It's just busted right now, i'm sure they'll get it running again.

Hip Hop

First time entering and using text and online together will get you disqualified? Wtf

Looks like I'm out then.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
First time entering and using text and online together will get you disqualified? Wtf

Looks like I'm out then.

Only if you win with the text after attempting with the website, both in the same day. And even then, it's not necessarily a disqualification, you just can't use the same email address. You're only supposed to play once per day, and if there's clear evidence that you circumvented that rule (ie, winning via text and entering your email as the same email that already made an attempt that day via the website), it could lead to disqualification.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still not working, it seems. Telling me I used the max amount of attempts with the code. Guess I'll try later when I wake up, would've preferred to have done it sooner since I work night shift & most likely will enter when less people are awake.

Minions

They made it a one time use code despite it being intended to be a multi use code that was time restricted. Come on :/ Hopefully its fixed before the day ends.

I didn't get the box I was supposed to with my Taco Bell earlier today, and I thought, "That's OK, the free code is out there anyway now."

So now it's not ok.

Chucker

I didn't get the box I was supposed to with my Taco Bell earlier today, and I thought, "That's OK, the free code is out there anyway now."

So now it's not ok.
I asked for my box when they did that. Now if I ever go back the same dude is like "DONT FORGET THE BOX".

I feel like I can't go back lol.

Tevious

Here's what Prize Logic had to say about the code not working today:

Prize Logic said:
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We can confirm that the Online entry code can be found by following the link in the Official Rules and may be used once daily for your chance to win. To verify, the entry code is B6LZCFL7CHA

Thanks for playing and Good Luck!

PrizeLogic Support

Thank you!

As usual, they don't actually read messages and just send generic messages based on key words.Maybe if their inbox is flooded with responses, they might do something. So send a complaint here, people.

welp second day using the online and i won a bundle and i wasn't even trying LMFAO
10:57am central.

EDIT

I just realized that Taco Bell contest they gave me a Vita, Playstation 4, and now a PSVR.

and people say Taco Bell is bad for you.

From the pictures on the contest website, looks like the old one.

i probably should read the rules. they could do subject to change and have the new one but it's probably easier to get rid of all the old stock this way.

also is that the new move controller? lol.

doesn't matter. should be grateful. lost my camera and move controller with the flood.

just need to wait for the ps4 pro to come out.

So there's no reason to actually buy a box anymore huh?

Well, each box code will work more than once a day, I believe. So if you get those, you can use the online code once a day, as well as any box code just once. So it does increase your chances. But at $5.00 a pop, may not be worth it.

Well, each box code will work more than once a day, I believe. So if you get those, you can use the online code once a day, as well as any box code just once. So it does increase your chances. But at $5.00 a pop, may not be worth it.

Ah gotcha. I might buy another box or two this month then. The funny thing is that I had gone 22 years without ever eating Taco Bell until this promotion. It was my never have I ever Trump card.

I wonder how many people know about the 4am trick? Probably still not that many.

NateDrake

Ah gotcha. I might buy another box or two this month then. The funny thing is that I had gone 22 years without ever eating Taco Bell until this promotion. It was my never have I ever Trump card.

I wonder how many people know about the 4am trick? Probably still not that many.

What 4am trick?

What 4am trick?

Just the fact that if you enter in the early morning your chances for winning are apparently near guaranteed based on the few posts in here and Reddit of people doing it. One dude and his brother both won...

Don't do it tomorrow morning though because I'm going to :p

majik13

pretty sure it doesnt work like that, I think you only get 1 gameplay per day/per entrant

from the rules...
Regardless of how many Codes are obtained by an entrant, the
method used to acquire the Codes, or the method of Game Play, there is a limit of one (1)
Game Play per entrant each day during the Game Period.

What 4am trick?

It's not a trick so much as it is simply the "best" odds of winning.

The way the contest works is that during every 15 minute time slot, the prize becomes available after the clock ticks over to a random minute within that slot (i.e 4:01 a.m., 4:02 a.m., etc.).

The winner is whomever the first person to redeem their code is after the prize becomes available. Less people are entering codes during the middle of the night (and 4:00 am Eastern is the best time as it is also 1:00 am Pacific), which means that if you play the code at, for example, 4:40 am, there is a decent chance that, 1. the prize has become available for that timeslot, and, 2. no one has redeemed their code to win yet.

Ironically, I've won both the Vita and PS4 via Taco Bell contests (no luck with the PSVR so far), and had tried the middle-of-the-night code entry multiple times with no success.

I won the Vita around noon, which is likely the busiest time of day for code entries, and won the PS4 at 7:30 am (because I fell asleep trying to stay up to enter the code lol).

NateDrake

It's not a trick so much as it is simply the "best" odds of winning.

The way the contest works is that during every 15 minute time slot, the prize becomes available after the clock ticks over to a random minute within that slot (i.e 4:01 a.m., 4:02 a.m., etc.).

The winner is whomever the first person to redeem their code is after the prize becomes available. Less people are entering codes during the middle of the night (and 4:00 am Eastern is the best time as it is also 1:00 am Pacific), which means that if you play the code at, for example, 4:40 am, there is a decent chance that, 1. the prize has become available for that timeslot, and, 2. no one has redeemed their code to win yet.

Wouldn't it be 4am Pacific since Taco Bell is open until 2am Pacific?

Just the fact that if you enter in the early morning your chances for winning are apparently near guaranteed based on the few posts in here and Reddit of people doing it. One dude and his brother both won...

At what time in the 15 minute window? At the start, in the middle, at the end?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I wish. 40+ attempts, all in the early morning. No luck so far. 150+ between this and the past two years.

I wonder sometimes. Seems like the winners are often on the dot.

Exactly. If it was random I would assume people entering a code on the dot would be the least likely to win because it's either that chosen time or you lost. Other times you could enter after and win if no one had done it before you.

NateDrake

I wish. 40+ attempts, all in the early morning. No luck so far. 150+ between this and the past two years.

Don't get discouraged. I won the Gold PS4 last yr after only entering one code and then getting an email in January of this year saying they did a lottery for the unclaimed Gold PS4 and I won in that.

Symbiotx

welp second day using the online and i won a bundle and i wasn't even trying LMFAO
10:57am central.

EDIT

I just realized that Taco Bell contest they gave me a Vita, Playstation 4, and now a PSVR.

and people say Taco Bell is bad for you.

Dude!.... send some of that winning luck my way!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3:57 p.m. (Eastern), no win. 0-3.

Man, no luck with the Vita or gold PS4, considering it might be a while before I could actually afford this, I really wish I could win at least just this once from their contests.

Symbiotx

3:57 p.m. (Eastern), no win. 0-3.

Man, no luck with the Vita or gold PS4, considering it might be a while before I could actually afford this, I really wish I could win at least just this once from their contests.

Same here! I had a pre-order secured, but my funds have been depleted by automotive repairs :(
I've entered about 10 times so far, nothing yet.

Come on Taco Bell, just this once...

Grinchy

Banned
Since it wasn't working early this morning, I just burned my 3 email address tries in the last 2 15-minute segments. No wins. I'll try the early morning attempts tomorrow.

Nope. Actually there's no reason to buy boxes anymore. It doesn't give you an additional play per day.

Source: Me. Cannot use my box after using free code.

I wonder sometimes. Seems like the winners are often on the dot.

Look at the dude that won at 10:57 am. It's randomized. The people winning on the dot are because the prize got seeded on the dot and since they were aiming specifically to enter their code on the dot they got it.

Look at the dude that won at 10:57 am. It's randomized. The people winning on the dot are because the prize got seeded on the dot and since they were aiming specifically to enter their code on the dot they got it.

But the amount of winners on the dot means it gets seeded on the dot frequently

preta

So let me get this straight. I have 2 email addresses (that I use, anyway). Can I use all of the same personal info for both and enter three times a day? How about texting? Can I text on top of that?

So let me get this straight. I have 2 email addresses (that I use, anyway). Can I use all of the same personal info for both and enter three times a day? How about texting? Can I text on top of that?

No it's one code per person, so use family member names.

Top Bottom