• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell & PlayStation Team Up For You To Get a Chance to Win a PSVR

majik13

Thank you very much! I've been reading these forums for years and finally got approved today along with winning so today was a good day lol.

After going back and checking what time I exactly won, it seemed to have been 2:30 pm on the dot. In the official rules there aren't really any odds given as they're totally dependant on how many people enter within that 15 minute time frame. You could be going up against 100 people or 10000 people entering at any given time so don't give up hope! Also, what's the longest amount of time a winner has had to wait for their second E-mail so far? I'm refreshing my email having panic attacks.

I still havent gotten mine, we likely wont get those emails till thurs or friday. Seems they send them in bulk on Mons and Fridays, but they have a day or so cutoff time prior to sending them.

I had mine held at the nearest facility for pick up. You can also digitally sign for it ahead of time on the fedex website and they'll just drop the package off with no need for a signature in person.

That's great news! I'll definitely just electronically sign for it then. Cheers!

Just got my tracking email! Should be getting my unit tomorrow. Here's hoping that my innate motion sickness (which is pretty bad) doesn't translate to sim sickness. I've heard that they aren't always related, so fingers crossed.

majik13

My second email took like a day or two

I think it works like this. They send them out in a batch or bulk waves.

Win on Mon, Tues, Weds - Get 2nd email on Friday.
Win on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Get 2nd email on Mon.

At least based on peoples comments.

I won early Monday morning, but didnt receive my 2nd email when they sent out the bulk emails Monday evening.

The contest also ends on Weds(tomorrow) so all final 2nd emails will likely be sent this Friday.

So if I get my 2nd email, that will be a 5 day wait for me

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just counted the winners mentioned in the OP, 26 of them. Pretty amazing.

...now if only I was one of them...

And thus the final day begins, I must be around 0-120. I'm done with strategy, I'm done trying in the middle of the night. I will just randomly enter times on a whim.

Well, I won. My wife sent a text entry on a whim tonight and it came back winner winner chicken dinner. Was around 8:38, central time. Pretty cool. Thing is, I already bought a launch bundle last week. Guess I'll try and unload it to help fund a PS4 Pro.

NateDrake

I JUST WON HOLY SHIT

Let's hope it actually goes through now 👀

image.php

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, didn't win. Probably tried about 15 times.

Looking forward to not winning the next Sony product that Taco Bell gives out...

Dammit my kids keep bugging me about getting one of these for Christmas, was hoping Taco Bell would act as Santa Claus lol. Probably for the best as they play enough video games as it is.

My wife and I both entered everyday but to no avail, congrats to everyone in here who did win though! I love reading the impressions, and hopefully there's a sale on the bundle on Black Friday!

Rated-G

Welp, I had 6 friends, my wife, our four parents, her brother and his wife, plus myself all entering since the 5th. 210 entries, not including the times we actually at at Taco Bell and got codes... and no luck. The dream is dead. Congrats to those who won! Time to set aside some money.

pahamrick

Have tried every Taco Bell PS contest since the first PS4 contest with 0 wins.

So, same old same old here.

Congrats to those who won.

L's all day everyday with the text code
Oh well , grats to those that won

What will the contest be next year? Gold PS VR bundles 👀🤔

Damn, sad panda here. Submitted my last entry this morning to the warm glow that I will forever be a loser, lol. I have never won anything big like this so my expectations were never too high, but damn, one time would be so cool.

Congrats to all the winners, see you in a few months/years for the next Taco Bell giveaway.

sinkfla87

The contest also ends on Weds(tomorrow) so all final 2nd emails will likely be sent this Friday.

So if I get my 2nd email, that will be a 5 day wait for me

Yeah it's Wednesday now and still no 2nd e-mail yet so I think you're onto something. The 5 day wait for confirmation is killing me. :(

Bookoo

Man the mail in campaign was a big fail.

I sent one as a test and it took 2 weeks and sent like 10 more about 18 days ago and never heard back.

It's weird because they said if they are were post marked before Oct 4th and received before Oct 11 I would have been good.

Wondering if I happened to write something incorrect, but I don't think I did.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man the mail in campaign was a big fail.

I sent one as a test and it took 2 weeks and sent like 10 more about 18 days ago and never heard back.

It's weird because they said if they are were post marked before Oct 4th and received before Oct 11 I would have been good.

Wondering if I happened to write something incorrect, but I don't think I did.

I sent in for 28, got em and used em before the online code went live. Still no luck.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I lost this morning as well. I was hoping to buy one but a stupid fucking deer ruined my car last week. Maybe the second chance drawing will help.

UCBooties

I'm out, no more entries for me. Maybe my wife will win if she enters tonight.

Congrats to the winners. See you all next time.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
How were people entering so many times? Do you all have multiple phones?

You can have 5 entrants per household. I had a friend who was willing to let me use his address, so I made 9 dummy emails (and my regular one) 5 assigned to one address, 5 to the other, and entered with each of them every night, plus my phone.

It didn't work.

Tabasco

I've submitted several times at odd hours, even around 4-6 AM and no luck.

My mind wants to think I have a high chance of winning, but the odds still seem like they're really low.

Top Bottom