• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell & PlayStation Team Up For You To Get a Chance to Win a PSVR

UCBooties

I've entered every day of the contest and no dice. I didn't do the multiple entry trick so I guess there's not much chance of winning when so many people are doing that.

Maybe next time.

Holy hell, just won. Basically right around 1:16am PST

Though I feel my eligibilty might be questioned.

I received 1 email so far. Am I good?

Edit: yeah need 2 emails I guess.

Anyone been officially denied yet? Do they even tell you?

I wouldn't worry. I entered using my phone and two email addresses with the free code. Ended up winning on my third entry and I received my verification and shipping email 24 hours after my initial winner email was received. Though those emails seem to go out in waves so it can be anywhere from 24-72 hours before you get yours based on what I've seen.

I frantically looked everywhere to find out if I would be disqualified while I waited for the verification emails. I was unable to find anyone posting anywhere about being disqualified from this or the other PS4 Taco Bell contests for entering with multiple entries.

I get the feeling that the most surefire way to get disqualified, is to either use a bot service to spam entries, enter more than five times per a household, or if you win once, and then attempt to win again.

majik13

I wouldn't worry. I entered using my phone and two email addresses with the free code. Ended up winning on my third entry and I received my verification and shipping email 24 hours after my initial winner email was received. Though those emails seem to go out in waves so it can be anywhere from 24-72 hours before you get yours based on what I've seen.

I frantically looked everywhere to find out if I would be disqualified while I waited for the verification emails. I was unable to find anyone posting anywhere about being disqualified from this or the the other PS4 Taco Bell contests for entering with multiple entries.

I get the feeling that the most surefire way to get disqualified, is to either use a bot service to spam entries, enter more than five times per a household, or if you win once, and then attempt to win again.

cool thanks, yeah I couldn't find any info of anyone actually being disqualified based on the info they registered with. Seems you are OK as long as its a legit address, and its not registered more than 5 times.

Are you guys entering on the dot of a minute change or just randomly? I guess the random time would mean it picks a random second as well, I should probably stop doing it on the dot as most people probably do that.

I just tried my entries all in one 15 minute block, nothing. Nothing works for me.

Two more days now, no clue what to even try.

Are you guys entering on the dot of a minute change or just randomly? I guess the random time would mean it picks a random second as well, I should probably stop doing it on the dot as most people probably do that.

I just tried my entries all in one 15 minute block, nothing. Nothing works for me.

Two more days now, no clue what to even try.

Damn, it could be you might have sent it a bit earlier than you thought? Like at .58 seconds or something.

dukie85

I still can't believe I won and that this was free. Gotta give it up to Sony and Taco Bell for sending so many of these out for a contest that most of us entered for free while breaking the contest rules by entering multiple times per day lol

tf2WBbf.jpg

Just picked it up from the FedEx location so I wouldn't be worried about it sitting on my porch.

Mine is here... somewhere lol :(. Just waiting on the FedEx person to knock on mah door.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
0 - 167

I see the light fading out

Two more days, then I default to my IP being on Taco Bell's blacklist and I say bye bye to these stupid contests for good. Stealing my sleep. Guess what? I've got 167 PSVRs in my dreams.

I received my email from Taco Bell! I've been entering these Taco Bell contests for years. Never won. Until today. I entered once a day at random times (usually as soon as I remember).

majik13

So Im really nervous Il be disqualified. Theres a good chance. When do we expect the next wave of verified emails to be sent out? Seems they do it in bulk. Last ones were sent out Friday? Just wonder if there is a pattern so far.

Grinchy

Banned
So Im really nervous Il be disqualified. Theres a good chance. When do we expect the next wave of verified emails to be sent out? Seems they do it in bulk. Last ones were sent out Friday? Just wonder if there is a pattern so far.

haha I feel like almost every winner who knows that he broke one of the contest rules thinks this

I read a ton of forum posts when I was waiting for my verified winner email and I've never personally found anyone saying they got disqualified. Last week, I think the winner emails went out on Monday and Friday.

cybropm

Been trying to win for my little brother. He and I both have been wanting PSVR. I buy a big box each day for dinner. It's not best food choice I know but dam I wish to win one of these bundles so we can have fun. Question is there a good time of day to enter and also is it if I use one of my codes from my big box's that after that attempt with the code the first time that the code is useless? Or can I try that code again the next day. I don't want to keep trying to eat my way to a winner. LOL I tried the common one code but yeah any advice on my chances to win these last couple days would be greatful.

Been trying to win for my little brother. He and I both have been wanting PSVR. I buy a big box each day for dinner. It's not best food choice I know but dam I wish to win one of these bundles so we can have fun. Question is there a good time of day to enter and also is it if I use one of my codes from my big box's that after that attempt with the code the first time that the code is useless? Or can I try that code again the next day. I don't want to keep trying to eat my way to a winner. LOL I tried the common one code but yeah any advice on my chances to win these last couple days would be greatful.

My advice: Don't buy any more big boxes.

You can only enter one code per account per day anyway. So the big box won't give you any additional entries. If you want additional entries, use extra phone numbers or emails, but just keep using the free code.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why I didn't think of asking my best friend or my father or sis to make accounts to help me try to win this.

Either way, 2 more days....what I would give to win on the very last day....

My second email came in just now (verified winner email)! Check your spam folder, that's where I found mine. I'm fucking stoked!

VICI0US

My second email came in just now (verified winner email)! Check your spam folder, that's where I found mine. I'm fucking stoked!

just got mine about 20 minutes ago as well.

I won around 8:40 AM on Sunday morning (10/16). Definitely a quicker turn around then I expected. Now for that fed ex tracking info!

just got mine about 20 minutes ago as well.

I won around 8:40 AM on Sunday morning (10/16). Definitely a quicker turn around then I expected. Now for that fed ex tracking info!

Yup, just got my second email as well. I won on Saturday morning. That should mean we will be getting the units this week since it's overnight delivery. Here's hoping I can electronically sign for it since I'll be at work!

majik13

Congrats!

When did you win? I won yesterday so trying to time down when the next set of verifieds are going out.

Hmm, I won last night, texhnically today still I guess, no 2nd email here. So i guess the next wave of verification emails will be Friday then? Dammit this is going to be the most nerve racking week ever.

I suppose they could send them all out Thurs too, after the contest ends on weds.

What are my options if Im not home to sign?

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Hmm, I won last night, texhnically today still I guess, no 2nd email here. So i guess the next wave of verification emails will be Friday then? Dammit this is going to be the most nerve racking week ever.

I suppose they could send them all out Thurs too, after the contest ends on weds.

What are my options if Im not home to sign and perhaps the name on the order may or may not be mine?

Well shit I haven't had a chance to post since earlier, but literally 10mins after I asked that question I received my verification email! Now just waiting on FedEx. I think you can get into contact with FedEx and request the package to be held at the nearest sortment center? Also if someone else signs at your residence I'm sure that's fine as well. Possibly others here can chime in with some more info

majik13

Well shit I haven't had a chance to post since earlier, but literally 10mins after I asked that question I received my verification email! Now just waiting on FedEx. I think you can get into contact with FedEx and request the package to be held at the nearest sortment center? Also if someone else signs at your residence I'm sure that's fine as well. Possibly others here can chime in with some more info

Hmm, well now Im worried, is it normal if I didnt get a verification email today then? Saw someone a few pages back mention a similiar issue, not sure if they got their email by now though.

Edit: ah it was Godly Twins above. Won thur, didnt get 2nd email friday, just got it now. Im still in the clear Gaf, I suppose there is actually some sort of cutoff/deadline for these batch emails.

Does using another email with the same shipping address get you a second entry for the day?

Basically yes. You can register up to 5 emails to the same address. The rules say more than 5 registered accounts to 1 address will disqualify all the accounts tied to that address.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Hmm, well now Im worried, is it normal if I didnt get a verification email today then? Saw someone a few pages back mention a similiar issue, not sure if they got their email by now though.

You're fine. They supposedly come in batches. I won early sunday morning so most likely people that won over the weekend got verified today. Since you technically won today it should be in the next batch. I've read it could upwards of a few days so nothing to worry about.

ChrisD

Does using another email with the same shipping address get you a second entry for the day?

I've got my dad, mother, and (now) brother all linked to the same address, and I can enter them all daily, so yeah. They all have different emails/phone numbers, and they DO live in the same house, so why would it not be allowed? For all they know it's just lots of folk in the same home entering for their own self. :p

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
For the winners did you enter on the dot when a minute changed or just totally randomly?

Just random. I've heard people waiting a few seconds after a minute changed, but who knows really. Also early morning might give you better odds. Especially for west coasters from 1am-4am since east is sleeping

sinkfla87

First time posting on here, and this is the happiest first post I've ever made... I won today! I remember entering for their Ps4 contest a hundred times over and never won so I didn't think I had much chance with this, either. FWIW, I won using the free code on the website around 2:30 pm CST. Now I just wait here hoping this wasn't a system error or a cruel joke lol. Thank you Taco Bell and Sony for the psvr and also for sparing my colon of what horrors awaited post-Big Box consumption!

Hale-XF11

I had mine held at the nearest facility for pick up. You can also digitally sign for it ahead of time on the fedex website and they'll just drop the package off with no need for a signature in person.

For the winners did you enter on the dot when a minute changed or just totally randomly?

I entered exactly 30 seconds before the minute changed at 12:59:30 CST. I had the online code on my clipboard ready to go. I also had my email address typed out so I was ready to click "continue" right at the 30 second mark. Mind you, I wasn't racing to do it, but attempting to time it so that I finished entering my submission at the very tail end of the minute. Whether or not I got the win just before or right after the minute changed, I'll never know for sure, but I do know it was damn close either way. Good luck!

majik13

First time posting on here, and this is the happiest first post I've ever made... I won today! I remember entering for their Ps4 contest a hundred times over and never won so I didn't think I had much chance with this, either. FWIW, I won using the free code on the website around 2:30 pm CST. Now I just wait here hoping this wasn't a system error or a cruel joke lol. Thank you Taco Bell and Sony for the psvr and also for sparing my colon of what horrors awaited post-Big Box consumption!

Congrats on the win and first post.

TL;DR, some unintresting story, and I dont know when I enterned.

I never saw the clock switch minutes when I entered mine, so not sure. I had the code already entered in a browser on my phone. My screen locked and turned off as i handled some stuff. I then quickly typed in my phone unlock pin, lock screen said 2:15 (sometimes the time is only periodically updated when locked) and sometimes when waking my phone Ill see the time jump or update +3 mins or so on the lock screen. After unlocking, small corner clock on my home screen said 2:16, I then immediatly hit submit or whatever and won. I never saw either clocks time change, lock screen was 215 home screen was 216. Either the minute switched over right then, or my lock screen time just hadnt updated yet, and I unlocked it before it did.

Anyways, a few codes I entered right on a minute change. But ussually Id just do it randomly. Sometimes even makin sure I wait a few secs after a change, thinking that many people were currently entering then.

sinkfla87

Congrats on the win and first post.

TL;DR, some unintresting story, and I dont know when I enterned.

I never saw the clock switch minutes when I entered mine, so not sure. I had the code already entered in a browser on my phone. My screen locked and turned off as i handled some stuff. I then quickly typed in my phone unlock pin, lock screen said 2:15 (sometimes the time is only periodically updated when locked) and sometimes when waking my phone Ill see the time jump or update +3 mins or so on the lock screen. After unlocking, small corner clock on my home screen said 2:16, I then immediatly hit submit or whatever and won.

Thank you very much! I've been reading these forums for years and finally got approved today along with winning so today was a good day lol.

After going back and checking what time I exactly won, it seemed to have been 2:30 pm on the dot. In the official rules there aren't really any odds given as they're totally dependant on how many people enter within that 15 minute time frame. You could be going up against 100 people or 10000 people entering at any given time so don't give up hope! Also, what's the longest amount of time a winner has had to wait for their second E-mail so far? I'm refreshing my email having panic attacks.

Top Bottom