• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell & PlayStation Team Up For You To Get a Chance to Win a PSVR

Congrats to everyone who has won & received their prize.

.....I need to figure out what else I can do to increase my luck considering there's not many days left to win....

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I have three phones scheduled to send SMS on different times within a 15 minute window. Maybe I should try three different windows instead?

jmizzal

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I have three phones scheduled to send SMS on different times within a 15 minute window. Maybe I should try three different windows instead?

I think sending them in the same 15 min window gives you better odds of winning, much higher % then in different 15 min periods

Grinchy

Banned
Still didn't get my verified email from my Tuesday morning win. That tells me that I'm waiting until Monday at the earliest for delivery :(

Can't really complain but I was hoping to live inside this thing all weekend.

I've won two things before:

Uncharted 3 from Subway: Got lost in the mail and didn't get it until 2 months after it came out
Gran Turismo PS3 from Subway: Didn't get it

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm equally pleased to announce my first loss of the night. See you in a few more, tired and cranky, and with a big number.

NateDrake

Got my 'You're a Verified Winner' email today, and won yesterday. Check your emails this afternoon if you won this week, folks!

alenade

My fiancee and I have been entering every day at staggered times, to no avail. At least we don't have to buy dorito burritos any more!

Hale-XF11

Same here buddy! Now waiting on that magical shipping email!

Awesome, I know how nervous you were about getting it, so I'm glad to hear you got it. :)

Glad to hear everyone else is getting theirs too. Step 2 complete. Now for Step 3: SHIPPING

MazeHaze

Banned
Been trying every day. Even got my mom and gf sending codes too. Probably about 0 for 10 at this point. Tried my friend's headset yesterday, so it's even worse now that I know how bad I need to play Thumper.

Symbiotx

So jealous of the winners. I'm still trying desperately to enter every night. I've lost count of the number of attempts.

Pejo

So I texted the code for today, no response, i texted again and it said I already entered for today. Any way to see what the result was? It was probably a "you didn't win", but there's a chance it wasn't.

dukie85

Got my tracking info, and it's scheduled for Monday :( So much for Saturday lol

But hey, whatever. I still can't believe I'm even getting this thing... lol

I got my tracking info as well, same for the Monday delivery but since it's being shipped overnight, I just requested to have it held at the location and to pick it up myself. We'll see if it'll let me pick it up tomorrow.

Se_7_eN

Awesome, I know how nervous you were about getting it, so I'm glad to hear you got it. :)

Glad to hear everyone else is getting theirs too. Step 2 complete. Now for Step 3: SHIPPING

Thanks! It is a relief, would have sucked to be disqualified for an email address I don't own.

I received my FedEx tracking email, it will be here Monday!

Hale-XF11

I got my tracking info as well, same for the Monday delivery but since it's being shipped overnight, I just requested to have it held at the location and to pick it up myself. We'll see if it'll let me pick it up tomorrow.

I went ahead and did this too. I'd rather just pick it up before I go to work and make sure I have it, rather than have it delivered to my house when I'm not home.

Also, it looks like you can digitally sign for it ahead of time on their website in case you are having it delivered, but won't be available to sign for it.

Thanks! It is a reliefe, would have sucked to be disqualified for an email address I don't own.

I received my FedEx tracking email, it will be here Monday!

Woo! We're home free.

dukie85

I just called them to see if I could indeed have it held to be picked up tomorrow, and they said I couldn't. RIP

I went ahead and did this too. I'd rather just pick it up before I go to work and make sure I have it, rather than have it delivered to my house when I'm not home.

Also, it looks like you can digitally sign for it ahead of time on their website in case you are having it delivered, but won't be available to sign for it.

Woo! We're home free.

Haha yeah, I work from home so I'm always home but FedEx never shows up til 7-8pm anyway so figured what the hell, atleast I can get it earlier.

I just called them to see if I could indeed have it held to be picked up tomorrow, and they said I couldn't. RIP

Yeah they called me and told me I can get it Monday, but atleast I can get it earlier than when the truck hits my house. UPS/FedEx always show up so damn late here.

Either way, now I can just return my Best Buy preorder; it would've sucked having to stare at it for weeks without being able to open it lol

I've never won a giveaway like this, or really a giveaway ever, and so far that doesn't appear to be changing... but I'll keep entering every day until the 19th because, well, why not?

My wife's been helping out too, and we've been entering at staggered times. Sounds like the going theory here is that you should enter at least 15 minutes apart, yeah?

Grinchy

Banned
I set it up so I can go pick my unit up from the FedEx location 1.5 miles from my apartment. I'm really, really hoping that it gets to that place tomorrow for pickup instead of Monday. Even if it's Monday, at least I will know it's there when I can get it.

Hale-XF11

I set it up so I can go pick my unit up from the FedEx location 1.5 miles from my apartment. I'm really, really hoping that it gets to that place tomorrow for pickup instead of Monday. Even if it's Monday, at least I will know it's there when I can get it.

It wouldn't hurt to ask them. I asked over the phone if I could pick it up tomorrow if it arrives tomorrow, but they told me they're under-staffed on weekends and that it would be sitting in an unopened crate with other packages, so even if it comes tomorrow, I still have to wait until Monday.

Mariolee

I'm probably 0-60 right now. Is it even worth applying at 4AM EST? People seem to be winning outside of that interval.

I've never won a giveaway like this, or really a giveaway ever, and so far that doesn't appear to be changing... but I'll keep entering every day until the 19th because, well, why not?

My wife's been helping out too, and we've been entering at staggered times. Sounds like the going theory here is that you should enter at least 15 minutes apart, yeah?

It resets every 15 min interval within the hour, but within those 15 min the "trigger" will start and whoever enters closest after that will win the PSVR. Entering 15 min apart doesn't really increase your chances, it just means you're playing at another interval...if that makes sense.

Krejlooc

Banned
I remember Nintendo once held a contest to give away the at-the-time new Electric Blue Nintendo DS systems (the phat kind). It was fathers day, I think, and they asked for stories of the worst father's day gift you had ever received or given, and I told a story about how I had gotten my dad women's shoes when I was little - like 5 or 6 - and had saved up my allowance. I had tagged along with my neighbor's mom on a trip to some dollar store or something and bought him what I thought was running shoes.

My dad actually wore the shoes that day around the house because he didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Anywho, long story short, Nintendo actually gave me the DS for that. They threw in Picross and Kirby's Canvas Curse, too. Only time I've ever won a contest of this type.

Holy mother of all that's good and pure!!!
I WON!!!

7:28 EST this morning with the free online code.

I'm still in shock. I've never even come close to winning something like this before.

dukie85

Holy mother of all that's good and pure!!!
I WON!!!

7:28 EST this morning with the free online code.

I'm still in shock. I've never even come close to winning something like this before.

I was hoping to see another win or 2 before the contest was over. Congrats.

Top Bottom