• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Festival 2015?

"導師の旅路は、ゼスティリアを越える…"
+ Xillia and Zestiria OP clips makes me think the anime is some kind of Xillia x Zestiria crossover.

MSMrRound

Does the Zestiria localization even have a date?

E3 would be my best guess. Given that it's in around one week or so, we should have a bit of details soon.

Of course, fingers crossed for the official Zestiria PS4 announcement, seeing how Bamco seem to have a bit of knack for doing that (J Star VS/Gozillia/Sword Art Online Lost Song) just to name a few.

Rpgmonkey

Alright then. I'd sort of hoped it'd get released around the same time as the PS3 release, but I suppose that was a bit much to expect. It just sort of seemed the best way for them to maximize sales with the localization rather than doing the PS3 version first and then releasing the PS4 version later.

It could still be released alongside the PS3 version. The game's release is still "Fall 2015", and they haven't really started full marketing either. They might be getting ports a little further along before they get into all that stuff.

Peff

It could still be released alongside the PS3 version. The game's release is still "Fall 2015", and they haven't really started full marketing either. They might be getting ports a little further along before they get into all that stuff.

It's still odd that they went out of their way to announce only one third of the platforms (and the least important one at that) when there seemingly wasn't a Japanese announcement that had to be done first. We'll see at E3, I guess, maybe they've secured a spot at the Sony conference.

Asd202

It's still odd that they went out of their way to announce only one third of the platforms (and the least important one at that) when there seemingly wasn't a Japanese announcement that had to be done first. We'll see at E3, I guess, maybe they've secured a spot at the Sony conference.

Tales of at Sony Conference? Very doubtful. If anything Namco will just announce at E3.

Official Site: http://20th-anime.tales-ch.jp/
Games Talk: http://gamestalk.net/toz-85/

According to speculation by Games Talk, it is possible that this anime is not solely about Zestiria. This is because it is mentioned as "Tales of 20th Anniversary Animation" and not directly named as Zestiria at all. When 小野坂さん (Onosaka-san--Zelos's VA) asked "Is it Zestiria animated?", the MC replied (teasingly) with "Is it?".

But since the 20th Anniversary work is Zestiria, and Zestiria is mentioned in the catch phrase, the easy way out is to assume it is a Zestiria's TV anime.

---
We also have Sorey on the image and all the characters in the PV :/ Maybe some fun cross-over? I'm not done with Zestiria's story yet, so it's hard to speculate how this anime will fall in comparison with the game's story.

We Have Berseria coming out too, so my speculation is This 20th Animation is early 2016, and Berseria late 2016? Or 20th Animation early 2016, PS4 Zestiria late 2016, and Berseria after?

---

Original Post:

Speculation by Games Talk

イベント参加者からは『テイルズ オブ ゼスティリア』の新作アニメとは限らないのでは?という意見も。それによると、「正式には20thのテイルズ作品がアニメ化。ゼスティリアの文字は一文字も出ていない」「PVにはエクシリアとエクシリア2の映像も。正確にはX→X2→Z(新キャラ含む)の映像が順次流れた」という展開だったとのこと。また、小野坂さんが「ゼスティリアがアニメ化なの?」と問いかけたところ、司会者は「さぁ?」という感じの返答だったそうです。とにかく『ゼスティリア』がアニメ化ということを断言・明言する発言は一切なく、はぐらかされたように感じたと報告しています。

ただ、テイルズの20周年記念作品は『ゼスティリア』なので、報告通りに受け取れば、やはり『ゼスティリア』のアニメ化ということになりそうです。キャッチフレーズも明らかに『ゼスティリア』を示唆していますしね。本日21時には公式サイトがオープンするのは間違いないようですし、同時に解禁されるメディア記事とあわせて真相はすぐに明らかとなるでしょう。

Bousf

A no show here feels like the PS4 version of Zestiria won't hit Japan if it happens....they may announce it at E3 for the West.

kewlmyc

No PS4 announcement is just weird. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait to see if anything is said at E3. If not, then this whole thing is very very strange.

kewlmyc

Maybe the PS4/PC release is western only, like the PS4 versions of J-Stars Victory Versus and Godzilla. Both of those games run in the same frame rate as their PS3 counterparts so Zestiria PS4 probably will too sadly.

I refuse to think at least the PS4 edition doesn't exist since Best Buy listed the game and allowed preorders for it. Even after removing it from their site, they haven't cancelled the preorders for those who were able to get a preorder in. Best Buy wouldn't have a SKU for a game that doesn't exist. Or at least that hasn't happened before, this would be a first for their massive company.

why did some people think the ps4 version was for Japan too as well? I never thought that, still hoped it would have been announced here though

Crayten

Banned
After they didnt announce it at the Tales Festa you can be pretty sure that PS4/PC Version is for the West only.

Voror

I'd be pretty disappointed if a PS4 Zestiria was simply a straight port with no attempts at making an improvement. Would it really be that hard to do so?

RangerBAD

Maybe the PS4/PC release is western only, like the PS4 versions of J-Stars Victory Versus and Godzilla. Both of those games run in the same frame rate as their PS3 counterparts so Zestiria PS4 probably will too sadly.

I refuse to think at least the PS4 edition doesn't exist since Best Buy listed the game and allowed preorders for it. Even after removing it from their site, they haven't cancelled the preorders for those who were able to get a preorder in. Best Buy wouldn't have a SKU for a game that doesn't exist. Or at least that hasn't happened before, this would be a first for their massive company.

Really starting to think this with the lack of an announcement at the festival.

I'd be pretty disappointed if a PS4 Zestiria was simply a straight port with no attempts at making an improvement. Would it really be that hard to do so?

Keep your expectations in check because I'm sure that's what it'll be.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, probably. Would it have been difficult to take advantage of better hardware and fix some of the technical issues?

Well, it could at least look better with a resolution bump. ToZ on PS3 is 720p. 1080p would make it look better if only slightly.

Dio

Banned
As always, it depends on the budget, manpower, and deadline they have for such a port.

Well, it's not like they haven't done such a thing before.

Wii version of Tales of Graces was fucking awful compared to the PS3 Graces f.

MegaPanda

The Tales team has never really skipped out on content for updated ports (Symphonia PS2, NA/3DS Abyss, PS3 Vesperia & Graces). So I definitely expect some new additions if a PS4 or PC version of Zestiria is floating around.

Zestiria PS4 announcement in Japan right now is too soon after the release of the PS3 one and is being done for the Western fans anyway. I expect an announcement for West this month to come out later this year along side the PS3 version with a release in Japan in 2016.

koutoru

Well, it could at least look better with a resolution bump. ToZ on PS3 is 720p. 1080p would make it look better if only slightly.
Another thing that would make it look better would be improving the draw distance.

Also, another issue with the some of the past tales games have been how they stream in objects into a scene. When you enter an area you could very well run into some invisible object that you couldn't see because it hasn't loaded in yet.

Even if they don't change how they load objects into a scene they should be able to get it done faster than ever before.
It's a small annoyance that I hope they can fix with better hardware.

Lucreto

There are two more opportunities for a PS4 announcement.

1. E3 in 8 days time.

2. Japan expo in Paris 2nd to the 5th July. They announced Xillia 2 for a western release at the event.

It might be just be a western release because of the bottoming out of PS3 sales.

Godzilla PS4 actually got announced for Japan, IIRC. J-Stars PS4 is still only for the West, though.

Heyt

Banned
Why would the VA do such thing? She has no responsability in how the scenario played out. She was just doing what the producers and directors said. I don't get it, honestly.

Baba didn't even showed up at the festival after saying how pressured he was for the whole situation. This is all so rich.

raven777

Why would the VA do such thing? She has no responsability in how the scenario played out. She was just doing what the producers and directors said. I don't get it, honestly.

Baba didn't even showed up at the festival after saying how pressured he was for the whole situation. This is all so rich.

I think it's part of Japanese anime/VA culture these days. VAs gets blame for bad character in bad story. I think it's really stupid but thats how many fans react.

Fine... Japan expo it is.

and that's it... the deadline ends there, next month.

IF it wasn't announced by then let's all move on and give up.

............... Why did you have to raise my hope up again :( !?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So they didn't announce Zestiria PS4?

Didn't their Twitter pretty much told us to wait for this?

Crayten

Banned
I give up for TOZ PS4 version..... And I don't think we will even see it at E3.

We will only get the PS3 version.

Wouldn't hold my breath anymore.

The Tales Festa is a event for japanese fans only. I just wouldnt make much sense to announce a PS4/PC for the west at such a Festival. Also there were like so many leaks that indicates a PS4/PC version so its pretty much guaranteed the we will get more versions.

edit: Also as Durante and me multiple times said: The SteamDB leak gets constant updates what means that they are still working on it.

Heyt

Banned
So they didn't announce Zestiria PS4?

Didn't their Twitter pretty much told us to wait for this?

Given it's an event for japanese audience and how the atmosphere still is around the game, I am more inclined to think they'll just avoid the topic and just do an E3 announcement.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
You guys are gonna get another Tales of Phantasia version and you're gonna like it.

I'd be fine with this, if only because America has never had a good version of this game (the GBA port was horrible).

Top Bottom