• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

Seda

What do you have to do to fight Zelo's sister? Can you still do it if you chose Kratos?

You'll fight her on after finishing your second Advanced Singles. Yes you can fight her if you choose Kratos, in fact, you can fight her twice
(once before Zelos dies, once after)

Celcius

°Temp. member
You'll fight her on after finishing your second Advanced Singles. Yes you can fight her if you choose Kratos, in fact, you can fight her twice
(once before Zelos dies, once after)

I've beaten advanced 5 times now with Lloyd but still haven't fought her. Does she just challenge me automatically after beating all the other opponents?

Seda

I've beaten advanced 4 times now with Lloyd but still haven't fought her. Does she just challenge me automatically after beating all the other opponents?

Oh, is Zelos currently in your party? Or Kratos?

You might not be able to fight her with Kratos in your party if you didn't fight her with Zelos in your party, I suppose.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there a point to ending Niflhiem?
Just wonder as I step onto floor 20 to lose because I didn't find a green tele flame.

Bladenic

So Omegaevolution mentioned that he farmed EX 3 gems from Sword Dancer 2 using Colette's Item Thief/Rover and her EX skill for 100% success rate. But I can't escape the encounter after starting it. What am I missing? Did I just waste an EX 4 gem on Colette to get that skill?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So Omegaevolution mentioned that he farmed EX 3 gems from Sword Dancer 2 using Colette's Item Thief/Rover and her EX skill for 100% success rate. But I can't escape the encounter after starting it. What am I missing? Did I just waste an EX 4 gem on Colette to get that skill?
Hm, well I know you can die to get out of the battle.

romulus91

would someone kindly explain unison attacks in ToS .... i mean i kinda get that an attack is assigned to each button but is it one attack per character or access to their whole attack techs? is it one at a time , two at once........? what breaks the unison attack ughhhh haha

XPE

What's a good place to grind for some exp?, I'm level 62 and trying to get a few more levels for
Sword Dancer 3

Cronen

So what's the general consensus on this game GAF? It's around about £15 on the PSN store. I really enjoyed it back on the Gamecube, but no longer have my copy of that game.

PKrockin

What's a good place to grind for some exp?, I'm level 62 and trying to get a few more levels for
Sword Dancer 3
I don't tend to grind much in this game, but maybe Niflheim for the 2x experience floors.

So what's the general consensus on this game GAF? It's around about £15 on the PSN store. I really enjoyed it back on the Gamecube, but no longer have my copy of that game.
Most people like it. It's a lazy-ass port of a good game but it's relatively cheap and has some nice extras.

Sorry I just realised what I typed. I mean in reference to in town or in dungeon movement, limited to 8 directions. I'm sure it was like this in the original but it feels incredibly strange.
Movement in towns/dungeons is only 8 directions if you use the d-pad. Use the stick. Although you might want to use the d-pad on the world map since for some reason it makes you run faster.

luokyl

Movement in towns/dungeons is only 8 directions if you use the d-pad. Use the stick. Although you might want to use the d-pad on the world map since for some reason it makes you run faster.

Wut, I'm using a third party controller, but the analog stick absolutely is only working in 8 directions. I'll try it with the DS3 when I have time, never had bad stick/dpad mapping with this controller before. Very strange.

PKrockin

Wut, I'm using a third party controller, but the analog stick absolutely is only working in 8 directions. I'll try it with the DS3 when I have time, never had bad stick/dpad mapping with this controller before. Very strange.
Yeah, you probably want to use that DS3 then, lol. The original version didn't even have the option for digital movement. The d-pad was used to turn in 45-degree increments which served no purpose but to look silly.

Shahed

Sword Dancer 3
Yeah I just killed that boss on Level 65 moments ago. Tried without All Divide and got obliterated. Used one and then the boss is pretty easy. Just takes a little while. Try equipping Topaz on Lloyd or your main attacker, and use light based Unison Attacks. Racked up three 100 hit combos!

Game Usagi posted a review too:

http://gameusagi.com/2014/03/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-ps3/

It seems like the consensus among the reviewers is that it's a bit of a shame that they didn't go a bit farther to upgrade the games more, but that they didn't do enough wrong to taint the otherwise always great Tales of Symphonia. I never finished Symphonia back in the day, so I might need to look into this pack unless I can find an old CRT TV to hook my GameCube up to.

Shahed

It'd be fine if the blasted fish and other things moved faster. It's like you know you messed up, and what you have to do to fix it. Each second that goes by waiting for the events to happen are just painful

Yawnier

Banned
^ I didn't really like the Temple of Darkness either although it didn't give me that much trouble like some people have made it out to be. That and Ymir Forest are probably the lowest points of the game for me.

Bladenic

Yeah I just killed that boss on Level 65 moments ago. Tried without All Divide and got obliterated. Used one and then the boss is pretty easy. Just takes a little while. Try equipping Topaz on Lloyd or your main attacker, and use light based Unison Attacks. Racked up three 100 hit combos!

What party did you use? I haven't reached 3 yet but Lloyd (me), Colette, Raine, and Genis cheese him hard.

Shahed

I'm on 99.6 Treasure found. I have no idea what I missed :(

What party did you use? I haven't reached 3 yet but Lloyd (me), Colette, Raine, and Genis cheese him hard.

Lloyd (Me), Raine Presea and Sheena. Raine is the important one since she has so many really good light based Unison Attacks. Sheena probably isn't ideal, but I like the hit count on Purgatory Seal, and after turning Pyre/Demon Seal off she's pretty good at helping stun lock the boss since she uses Cyclone Seal normally. Glory is useful so I could have picked between Presea or Regal. I just turned Beast off and chose the former. Genis and Collete are powerful, but I wanted 3 melee characters to keep Sword Dancer occupied as much as possible. I usually used the Sword Rain > Tiger Rage > Raining Tiger Blade combo. He pretty much never moves and is near permanantly stun locked unless he goes into Overlimit. While usually I'd probably have Zelos in the party instead of Sheena for healing in a pinch, I went with items instead of magic this battle

Sagitario

I think if you and the gnome break the bridge just before the altar before you get the chest on the other side it becomes inaccessible.
If there is one thing I have always despised about Tales games [and other series] is the ridiculous amount of missables. It's so off-putting that makes me not want to play games.

Seda

If there is one thing I have always despised about Tales games [and other series] is the ridiculous amount of missables. It's so off-putting that makes me not want to play games.

Graces and Xillia are a little better with this. Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia each have tons of time-sensitive things, many fairly significant.

PKrockin

I guess Symphonia has a lot of missables if you absolutely must get every single item, enemy entry and title for 100% completion. I just care about the more major stuff like bosses, moves, costumes, character development scenes, dungeons and such, and in that regard Symphonia isn't bad. Most stuff has a wide window or stays available for the rest of the game. Vesperia is far worse.

Shahed

I'm not sure dungeons like Niflheim are something I can do anymore. They take too long to do in one sitting without saving or leaving. For what was about two and a half hours of playtime, it actually took me about 6 hours of leaving the game running because there were other things I had to do. So glad I decided to steal extra All Divides, because I think I would have died against the boss on the 20th floor without them, and I'm not sure I'm willing to go through that dungeon again.

I was half way through before I was regretting not beating Abyssion first. The extra damage output from Lloyd would have been a godsend...

Always stinks. If only the katz thing worked properly.

I got lucky! The first Katz I sent out in Triet found one missing. Turned out to be the 1500 Gald box in the Sylvarant base

Shahed

Yep. Done everything now, just need to finish the game. Contemplating whether I should grind 400 grade to be able to get double exp or not...

EDIT: Scratch that! Couldn't last 5 mins grinding. Time for Dawn of the New World. Only briefly played it on the Wii. I remember motion controls annoying me along with the weirdness of having monsters instead of characters so I gave up.

Shahed

Oh my god. Emil is so annoying! He single handedly almost makes this among the worst intros in a RPG ever.

Voice actor difference for Lloyd was jarring right off the bat. Were there a lot of changes?

SaintZ

Oh my god. Emil is so annoying! He single handedly almost makes this among the worst intros in a RPG ever.

Voice actor difference for Lloyd was jarring right off the bat. Were there a lot of changes?
IIRC the only voice actors who remained the same were Collette's and Kratos'.

Top Bottom