• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria the X tv/anime |OT| Who needs a Sheperd when you have Alisha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are thinking maybe Mikleo's VA is returning using a different name? Since well, google around, it seems like there is no info on this Philip Lamont.

So he is either really new or Mikleo's VA under a different name than he's used in the past.

Is this actually a thing that can happen? Why would a VA return with another name?

Cornbread78

Some are thinking maybe Mikleo's VA is returning using a different name? Since well, google around, it seems like there is no info on this Philip Lamont.

So he is either really new or Mikleo's VA under a different name than he's used in the past.

Tinfoil hat stuff, lol.

Seriously though, why would he change his "stage" name at thus point. They are going to make me switch between the gane and the dub to listen closely, aren't they, lol.

Datschge

Non-union (game) vs. union (anime) is bound to lead to name changes as union members are supposed to never work on non-union works. Also I'm not sure how people check who returned for the anime, the game never credited the VAs.

Stuart444

Non-union (game) vs. union (anime) is bound to lead to name changes as union members are supposed to never work on non-union works. Also I'm not sure how people check who returned for the anime, the game never credited the VAs.

Union stuff can make things more complicated yeah. We'll see if it's Mikleo's old VA or not when the dub airs anyway.

As for knowing the VAs, some VAs feel comfortable saying they worked on the game (or have put it on their resume online), others are guesses (distinctive voices help here lol) or people have asked the VAs at conventions.

Cornbread78

Good stuff still. The action and music were nice as always, but man did they lay on yhe drama heavy yhis episode with the evil meleavelance. I don't remember tgat doomsday ending in tge game, so I'm interested to see how next week plays out.

Zankou

Good episode. Story is quiet different from the game now. It seems the dragon from Guriell is coming...

Next week is the first Berseria episode...

Tales of Zestiria episode 4

What I like about this anime is that it takes what I believe is strongest point of the game which is the characters and amplify what made them so great, their personality. Add Ufotable amazing work and you have what is the best anime this season.(As of right now)

Also god damn those battles scenes are always sooo good and everything is so pretty!

Has Edna appeared yet? I haven't watched since the first episode after it was mostly just a recap of the early released episodes

Cornbread78

I meant mine hahaha

and no, I have no idea tbh

lol, well dat puppy definitely has a tinfoil hat on.
My avi is from one of he best anime's ever made (VN based) and will make you cry like a baby, lol.

Anyhow, a couple gifs from this weekend:

LU4h92g.gif

Opcj8Ki.gif

Fxm4hQT.gif

f43HTFR.gif

Stuart444

So how is this for someone who hasn't played the game?

So far, I'd say anyone who hasn't played the game should be able to follow along with it. There has been nothing in the anime so far that you'd be confused or lost if you hadn't played the game imo.

Yazuka

Newest episode was nice! I really enjoyed it.
I hope Tales of Berseria gets its release in January 2017, I want it now!

Zankou

This episode raised my excitement for Berseria even more! >.>

Oh, and the episode revealed that her brother's name is Laphicet.

Cornbread78

ejNuZoS.gif

y7Mx8l9.gif

Oh wow, now that was a good intro to Berseria! Looks like we get more of it next week as well. If tgat music was any indication, we are going to be spoiled by the Berseria OST as well.... soo good!

That's what I though. Berseria is 1000 years before Zestiria right? And it's been a while but the malevolence appeared with Heldalf? So maybe it's pre-malevolence.

The episode was SO GOOD
I still don't get why velvet tried to slow her fall that way

like, why was her head down instead of up? (and I say this because she intentionally turned upside down)

Also, somehow I can't erase the feeling that the game has 2 additional characters but have not been announced, the way the main menu is established gives me that vibe

Why mention this? because I thought the fire lady was an enemy, but this chapter turned everything different...

Also, why was the Tales of Zestiria opening in there? any particular reason?

aitakute

Also, why was the Tales of Zestiria opening in there? any particular reason?
To piss people off. You don't know how mad the Japanese were after they saw that OP again. They shat all over the episode. This episode got the worst rating (34% compare to last episodes at 85%) just because of that OP alone. The 2ch thread... Oh boy... Muh Rose again

To piss people off. You don't know how mad the Japanese were after they saw that OP again. They shat all over the episode. This episode got the worst rating (34% compare to last episodes at 85%) just because of that OP alone. The 2ch thread... Oh boy... Muh Rose again

*rolls eyes*

damn, oh well, the episode was pretty good, if people is willing to miss this just because of that OP, then it's their loss

People should get over it (I was part of the Alisha drama too, but it's to hard to keep caring about it when you hear the same argument over and over and over again... but oh well, opinions in the end)

Sonicbug

So.... the second episode is up dubbed and that's definitely the same voice actor for Mikleo as it was in the game. So.... pseudonym it is.

Didnt know there was an anime ot, the dub was so good this week.

Feels a bit off when they say skil names, though I dont know if that is just because in the game theres always all sorts of other sounds going on.

Also please let Lailah say Bird is the word.

Cornbread78

Didnt know there was an anime ot, the dub was so good this week.

Feels a bit off when they say skil names, though I dont know if that is just because in the game theres always all sorts of other sounds going on.

Also please let Lailah say Bird is the word.

Lol. We have one more weekend of Berseria (for now) then hopefully, we start getting back to meeting more cast members from Zestiria. Edna rocks.

Voror

Do we have a schedule on how it's going to alternate? Like is it mostly Zestiria with a couple episodes based in Berseria here and there?

Cornbread78

Do we have a schedule on how it's going to alternate? Like is it mostly Zestiria with a couple episodes based in Berseria here and there?

I think its just two berseria.

There hasn't been anything "official" as of yet. They stated it would only be 13 episodes total, but online rumors state that it is split cour with thd second half next year with more Berseria. I'm not sure at this point, lol.

Voror

I'm just curious I suppose as to whether we'll end up with full adaptations of both games by the end of this, though the implication in the opening that Velvet shows up in Zestiria's time and meets Sorey and the gang implies they'll be going fully off the rails.

Datschge

Last week's and today's episode are the only episodes officially announced to be about Berseria. This season is 13 episodes, and there'll be another season with 12 episodes in Winter. If there are more Berseria related entries I don't expect them to be as blatant and unrelated to the rest of the series as last week's one.

Cornbread78

Last week's and today's episode are the only episodes officially announced to be about Berseria. This season is 13 episodes, and there'll be another season with 12 episodes in Winter. If there are more Berseria related entries I don't expect them to be as blatant and unrelated to the rest of the series as last week's one.

If the games really do share the same world, I hope they show us that link by the end of the second cour.

Voror

If the games really do share the same world, I hope they show us that link by the end of the second cour.

I never got far in Zestiria, but apparently there are links with some of the characters.
Specifically Artorius I believe as I think he's mentioned as a historical figure.

Still, these Berseria episodes, while nice, come across as being a bit abrupt to be honest with the way they were just inserted here. I think it might have worked better if there was some lead in from the last episode though I realize the skit preview did have indications.

Also I guess confirms that Seres wasn't Lailah. It was a stretch but I was wondering.

Opening was nice too, though I'm now more confused why they showed Zestiria's last week.

Edit: And wow, the game is already coming out this week on the 18th. I guess that means we can start getting impressions on it. Hope it turns out well.

Cornbread78

Ok, that was pretty damn dope! That dragon battle..!!! Great way to introduce the game to Japanese audiences that get to play it soon, but makes it a long hard wait for us in NA! The Berseria opening way pretty damn good with the rest of the Berseria OST previewed the past couple episodes great. Man, I can't wait for the game; it worked Bamco....

ok, the episode was so damn GOOOOOOD

OMG YES!!!

and now it makes sense why they showed the Zestiria op in the previous episode, just a way to introduce the new entry and how they are linked in some way, pretty nice

Most of the OP was already shown in previous trailers but damn it was good.

Datschge

I actually hoped they'd show the link in today's episode. They didn't so these two episodes, while fine on their own, are completely superfluous and a waste of time as part of the Tales of Zestiria the X anime series. Now I can fully understand the uproar these blatant advertisement EPs appear to be getting in Japan.

Hate the plot of Berseria but I love Oscar so I will probably get the game.

Mad about Seres though.

Where did the dragon even come from, I thought this was some island at the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom