• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria the X tv/anime |OT| Who needs a Sheperd when you have Alisha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I still haven't seen any of the 2nd half yet but at this point I probably won't bother. Not liking the sound of the changes they've made.

Dezel still alive, no Maltran betrayal, and being able to purify dragons? Fuck off.
While those aspects were definitely poorly handled in the game, the first half of the anime made me hopeful that they'd be done with emotional impact they should have had in the first place. Dropping these parts all together is probably the worst way to handle these things. It also feel like it just shits all over Eizen's and Zaveid's story arc from Berseria...

Man, I still haven't seen any of the 2nd half yet but at this point I probably won't bother. Not liking the sound of the changes they've made.

Dezel still alive, no Maltran betrayal, and being able to purify dragons? Fuck off.
While those aspects were definitely poorly handled in the game, the first half of the anime made me hopeful that they'd be done with emotional impact they should have had in the first place. Dropping these parts all together is probably the worst way to handle these things. It also feel like it just shits all over Eizen's and Zaveid's story arc from Berseria...

At this point I consider them both to be their own separate thing. Since both stories are so different it's like a big *what if*. More Zestiria is never a bad thing in my book since I love the cast so much. Also the anime is well worth watching, no characters change are handled in a bad way. Zaveid and Eizen's story haven't been touched much in the second part. Eizen's purification aside of course.

aitakute

So when will they save Eizen? Game spoiler
Sorey will be gone after the final boss fight, right? And here Edna said they will save him when they get back

So when will they save Eizen? Game spoiler
Sorey will be gone after the final boss fight, right? And here Edna said they will save him when they get back

Yes I was thinking about that too and what I think will happen is either they

1.Make Eizen intervene in the Heldalf battle.
2.Change the ending so that
Sorey doesn't go to sleep
Sorey goes to *sleep* and they are forced to wait for his return, it lasted less then a 100 years in the game right?

They better not change the ending too much though! I need to see my
mature and sexy Mikleo with beautiful long hair.

Zaveid and Eizen's story haven't been touched much in the second part. Eizen's purification aside of course.

I'd say the fact that he can be purified at all kind of ruins how their arc ended. Berseria spoilers:
Pretty much the entire point of it was Zaveid accepting that dragons can't be turned back to norMal malaks and adopting Eizen's's way of thinking that death can be salvation for some people (in his case both him and his lover). And for Eizen's, as someone who wants be in control of his own fate, chose not to undo his reaper's curse and accepted that he would eventually turn into a dragon and be killed by Zaveid. While that not happening itself wouldn't be a problem, the fact that it can be undone kind of files in the face of all that.

It just seems to me like the anime writers missed the point and thought people were upset about all of those things they changed even happening at all rather than just being poorly handled in the game.

I'd say the fact that he can be purified at all kind of ruins how their arc ended. Berseria spoilers:
Pretty much the entire point of it was Zaveid accepting that dragons can't be turned back to norMal malaks and adopting Eizen's's way of thinking that death can be salvation for some people (in his case both him and his lover). And for Eizen's, as someone who wants be in control of his own fate, chose not to undo his reaper's curse and accepted that he would eventually turn into a dragon and be killed by Zaveid. While that not happening itself wouldn't be a problem, the fact that it can be undone kind of files in the face of all that.

It just seems to me like the anime writers missed the point and thought people were upset about all of those things they changed even happening at all rather than just being poorly handled in the game.

I mean you should see it as a good thing. It took them 1000 to finally find someone to purify a dragon. Which NOBODY EXPECTED. It's a good ending to a tragic story, which could still turn bad honestly since the anime isn't over.

I wouldn't call it missing a point, just a different way of telling the same story. I mean you wouldn't lose what the game story told you, by experiencing the anime's story.

Cornbread78

I like the different direction they took the story and I'm very interested in how they close it out, but I agree that there are some big omissions /changes from the way the game story went.

aitakute

For the Japanese people at least, they love the changes. Many comments say they want the game to be remade like the anime.

Cornbread78

5ac04HE.jpg

Screw it, I couldn't wait. The show is just too damn good. Did anyone else get a big grin on their face when the
Normin
showed up. They have been gone since the opening scenes with Alisha, but it was fun to see them again!

For the Japanese people at least, they love the changes. Many comments say they want the game to be remade like the anime.

Yeah, I really like the re-order, it just feels weird after playing the games and remember certain character events that will be skipped.

aitakute

Haha
Alisha's Kamui
looks nice. Too bad it couldn't last long. I feel really bad for
Lunarre
though. He just want to do something good but in the end no one knows. Looking at the next episode's title, I fear that
Dezel
will
die

Tales of Zestiria 22
4bea2ab79bd3c00de8ae93ea24fc84d9.jpg

Ok this was a super great episode! I loved the early start with the more late happy times for the main group. Sorey teasing Mikleo with the dessert knowing he can't go take one himself was super funny. Best boy duo! I love em!

Then we reach the fight and I am like....holy shit! These aren't bats!
02d8209675faeddc579869114ca86d54.jpg

But this gave use such an awesome fight scenes! Showing us how much much much more OP anime Sorey is. I mean God damn that aerial fight was absolutely fantastic! Ufotable absolutely delivered. And for once Sorey did not hesitate to kill. He knows he can't afford to do it.
1fa582753497242212f6d8a90a4c20a0.jpg
9e346c3ba5789cadabe9c8e312105865.jpg

Bonus is that we got an ultra cool episode in term of Armatization! Japanese Tales fan must have wet their pants when that armatization happened lol.

Lunarre had a cool moment, but the way he
died was kind of weird.

Overall fantastic episode! Really loving the original content, which is everything at this point. A bunch of the game story is just cut at this point.

Cornbread78

Ok, visually, this was another stunning episode with good use of CG. The storyhas strayed away from the game so far this is all original material, but I'm still diggin' it. Two left to finish this off.

aitakute

Well, didn't expect
Grimoire
to show up and they spent a night in
that last snow city in Berseria
. This mean
Bienfu
should be alive somewhere too. Also nice scene about
Velvet
talking to Sorey.
This one is really nice connection between Berseria and Zestiria

Spoiler for place of final battle. Scarlet night

Tales of Zestiria 23

Yoooooo we Berseria big time this episode!
79a5d32b180e12c0674c21358239e591.jpg

Cool episode, I like how they are linking the 2 series.

That aside though, I have mixed feeling
on Dezel's death. I get that since the shepherd doesn't want to kill he uses his life to purify all the dragons, but still. It felt a little forced.

Cornbread78

Hummm it's mainly that they use an important location from Berseria. It does have some minor spoilers though.

Am I safe if I'm at the end of, but haven't finished Berseria yet? I watched about a 1/4 of the episode and started getting worried I was about to be spoiled on endgame...

aitakute

So
Laphiset
finally show up. I hope Velvet will show up somehow in the last episode. I wonder if anime Sorey is in new game++++ mode. Dude just went Avatar mode. He couldn't do it in the game

Tales of Zestiria 24
fdbbd33ff1cfb6babf30700a0c354034.jpg

OMG I can't wait ONE MONTH! THAT ENDING!!! HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!! OH MAN! SOREY! MY MAN SOREY!! MAGICAL BOY SOREY FULLLLLL POWAAAAAAH!!! Oh man Sorey is way too cool....I'm crying. Anime Sorey is offcially best Sorey...he just went full Jesus mode....!!!!!!

Cornbread78

Tales of Zestiria the X S2 ep.11-END

I can't believe I completely forgot to watch the last few episodes of this. I had stopped to prevent spoilers when I was playing Berseria, and never went back. The ending really threw me for a loop since it is soo different from the game, but the presentation and themes were still there.. Overall, this was excellent, I love the changes like I had for the rest of the show and the cast really shines at the end. Very interesting how the game alludes to the yuri and Ai ships at the end of the show as well. I guess gay cannon was the correct cannon in every way possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom