• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (11/8-11/14)

Aw yiss
dancing-cat-o.gif

shame it ends right before Battlefront launches

reKon

Banned
eh, I still think I'm going to wait. For the games I want it's going to average out to $35 per game probably and I'll probably save more buying individually from different sales.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nice. I typically use this to pick up older titles that I've been sitting on. Definitely picking up Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and a third Wii U title.

Then on the 3DS I'll likely pick up Bravely Default, Disney's Magical World, and another third title.

Edit: Maybe the Amiibo bundle of Chibi Robo for my third 3DS title. I'll have to calcuate the price difference between GCU and B2G1F to see what's the better deal.

I can never find two games I really want anymore whenever a deal like this pops up. I use to love these deals , but I guess I out grew them . Hope you guys get what ya want.

Nice. I typically use this to pick up older titles that I've been sitting on. Definitely picking up Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracke r, and a third Wii U title.

Then on the 3DS I'll likely pick up Bravely Default, Disney's Magical World, and another third title.
Those are the games I plan on buying + Yoshi WW.

M.W.

$40 a game isn't the greatest deal out there, especially since BF is so close. I'll wait.

M.D

Target recently started shipping internationally to where I live, but of course that doesn't include video games >_>

edit: It's probably in-store only so doesn't matter tbh ;s

Kill3r7

Just a guess but I wonder if BB will follow suit the week after. Might be a good time to pick up Star Wars, BLOPS III and FO4/TR.

Hmm. Get Tomb Raider, Fallout, and a bonus game for $120 - or use GCU and get them for $96 without the freebie. Decisions, decisions.

Toki767

Waiting for Black Friday. That and I don't know 3 games I really want outside of Fallout 4 and after finishing that, the other games will have probably been on sale already.

Revven

I will wait for Black Friday. I would hate to buy two games and then like a week later those same two games are cut in price and the same deal is active (or a similar one).

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, and Halo 5/MGSV? Might just do it...

Also Black Friday sounds terrible because it will be sold out by the time I get there.

nikos

This is happening during the one week that has no releases I'm interested in.

Hopefully Best Buy or Amazon will follow with one later in the month.

daveo42

Banned
Hmm...pass for me right now. Only game I'd really want to grab would be FO4 and any extra games will end up just gathering radioactive dust as I get lost in the wastes.

I took advantage of this last year and my copy of Advance Warfare had a blank CD in it. Target gave me hell trying to exchange it, check your games while your in the store, folks.

Jawmuncher

I just want Tomb Raider and for 40 I wouldn't mind that. Wonder if I can get my friend to go in on this. But then who gets the third game.

Armaly

Some people scam stores by buying new games and swapping out discs and resealing them to return it and get a free game. Similar to the Red Box fraud that's rampant.

Damn, that's dirty. How does Red Box handle that? I remember there being a big issue of them getting new members signing up under prepaid credit cards and then they'd just keep/sell off the discs and the auto charge wouldn't be able to go through.

Damn, that's dirty. How does Red Box handle that? I remember there being a big issue of them getting new members signing up under prepaid credit cards and then they'd just keep/sell off the discs and the auto charge wouldn't be able to go through.
I hear Red Box is pretty good about handling fraud issues, since it's pretty common. I don't use Red Box often but I haven't had any issues from the ones I've rented.

Toki767

Nice, I've been waiting for this! I doubt prices will drop any lower than $40 for the new releases on Black Friday.

Last year games like Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, and Alien Isolation were $25.

Don't doubt the level of discounts when it comes to Black Friday.

That said, I'm pretty sure Call of Duty (it never usually is) and Fallout 4 (too big of a release) won't be on sale.

border

It's really only worth it if you are buying absolutely brand new releases that won't go on sale for Black Friday (Fallout, Tomb Raider, maybe Call of Duty).

Or if you are buying Nintendo games since they never go on sale, 33% is not a bad discount.

Can't take advantage of this deal after spending so much on games and upgrading to the New 3DS.

Deals like this are the best part about waiting before buying. Makes it easier to pick up those games that looked interesting but weren't personal must-haves.

Top Bottom