• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (11/8-11/14)

images

Abdiel

This might be the time for me to buy my first three PS4 games.

Dragon Quest Heroes + Tales of Zestiria + ...hmmm. Don't know yet.

I just beat both of those two.

Well worth it in general, I'm pleased with my purchases. Next is Divinity Original Sin/Battlefront and Trails in the Sky SC on my plate.

Everyone should take advantage of this for the following reasons:

1) You get 33% off each game if you maximize the deal by buying three games of the same price. 38% if you use a Target Red Card.

2) There's no reason to not buy three games of the same price even if you don't want the game. Target's B2G1 deal prorates the discount across each game and you an return games you don't want. So you could in theory buy three games, return two and effectively get one game for 33% off

3) Target's return policy window on these will overlap with Black Friday. So if anything you want goes on sale by Black Friday, just buy it then and return the unopened game back to Target to get the better price.

4) All of this locks in you to guarantee you the discount, gives you the flexibility to get better pricing on Black Friday, and to buy exactly what you want and return what you don't.

There's no reason to not do Target's B2G1 free and hold out for Black Friday. You can do both and maximize your savings.

How strict were they about buying stuff and then returning it later for a different game last year? I'd like to pick up Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors, but I don't really have a third WiiU game I want. I do want Xenoblade X in a few weeks though.

Edit: I guess I'll just buy three games and return one. I feel kind of scummy doing it though. It's not the point of these deals and makes them less likely to happen in the future, if people abuse them. Returning something to get a newer game I guess isn't much better.

How strict were they about buying stuff and then returning it later for a different game last year? I'd like to pick up Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors, but I don't really have a third WiiU game I want. I do want Xenoblade X in a few weeks though.

They won't let you.

Jhoan

Funny I was just at my nearest Target last night shopping for stuff and in the games session. I'll be scooping up Nintendo games as always. Got my eye on Chibi Robo: Zip Lash, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, and one other 3DS game. I always look forward to these sales.

If I had a current gen console, I would have gone for Dragon QuestHeroes, Tales of Zesteria, and Nathan Drake Collection.

-redacted-

Neo Member
Finally, been waiting for this deal to come around!
Will get Fallout 4, RotTR and still deciding btwn the taken king or blops 3.
These will probably be it for me for the rest of the year

does this count for online too?

Target's online selection of games that qualify is sometimes smaller than what's available in store. There's no guarantee it'll work on every game online where as it will work on every game in store.

What are the odds Best Buy does something like this?

They usually do one every year, but the last two years this sale has been coming later than usual across all stores. No guarantee they will but highly likely. Toys R Us also has a sale. Given how close it is to Black Friday though and we still haven't heard of a sale, it's possible they might not.

Falchion

I remember this last year, my friend and I used it to get 2 copies of MCC and Unity to share. Most buggy deal ever.

SpecX

Does Amazon match this? I have FO4 reserved from them and will gladly buy MGSV and pickup an additional title free if they do.

Hindl

That would be madness if you could get 20% off and B2G1

They've done it before. It's awesome getting 3 $60 games for $90. Though it hasn't been a while

It's entirely possible Best Buy could react to this with a similar offer. Though that may not go into effect until after FO4 launches.

Yeah that'd be fine with me, I'd be using this to get games I skipped earlier in the year so I don't really have to wait for a specific game to make the sale worth it

Moofers

I'd love to do Cod Blops 3, Fallout 4, and Star Wars BF but it ends a few days before BF releases. Bummer.

I suppose I could do Blops 3, Fallout 4, and Mario Maker. But man, that star wars beta was gooood. Might just wait for black friday.

I can't imagine Best Buy doing this, with GCU that would be a 46.67 discount per game.

On Nintendo games you literally buy games and trade them back into Best Buy for a profit, a very good one during their increased trade offers.

I can't imagine Best Buy doing this, with GCU that would be a 46.67 discount per game.

On Nintendo games you literally buy games and trade them back into Best Buy for a profit, a very good one during their increased trade offers.

What? Don't you mean $28 discount per game?

Top Bottom