• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target is doing B2G1 on PS4 launch games

Got a card and the coupon printed out on the first receipt. Had to do a lot of negotiating with the employee and the manager and show them the print out from their internal memo from a few days ago. Now I have Knack, Killzone, and Ghosts. Gonna switch out potentially Ghosts and Knack for something else down the road. Total was like $87. 2 other people walked in trying to get the same deal while I was there. They aren't going to have any stock of games when the console actually comes out on Friday lol

Yeah so I got killzone, knack, and call of duty, gonna Exchange for assassins creed and probably a non ps4 game on Tuesday and just keep killzone.

Problem though, was that I did the friggin 30% trick (two separate ring ups, front registers) and didn't get a coupon. So I got my games for 120 and I'm not really happy about the deal at the moment, might just return everything on Tuesday

Megatron

Best buy price matched it for me. Lol. Fuck you target.

2RiqbMI.jpg

Should get $25 back with reward zone. Wish I had the gamer unlocked too would have gotten each even cheaper lol
Just going to keep nba2k14 for bro. Or go back to trade it in for need for speed
Hmmm, I wonder if we show people at other bestbuysbyournreceipt if they'd cave and match it?

Best buy price matched it for me. Lol. Fuck you target.
Should get $25 back with reward zone. Wish I had the gamer unlocked too would have gotten each even cheaper lol
Just going to keep nba2k14 for bro. Or go back to trade it in for need for speed
Based on every experience I've ever had with Best Buy, the GCU discount would not work with a manual price match.
Then they would tell you it's one or the other.
Unless they manually adjusted the last game, instead of $20 off each like on your receipt.

tookhster

Went to Target and they only had Ghosts. Asked the guy there and he didn't even know the PS4 was coming out and had no idea when the games were coming in, even though it showed they had games like Killzone and Knack in stock.

Then I went to Best Buy, who are usually cool with price matches and shady stuff, and asked someone at the video game center if they were selling any PS4 games. They gave me a weird look and said, "Basically if you preordered them, you can get them." -_-

Makes no sense at all since I've seen plenty of people buy PS4 games from there over the past few days.

This whole Target situation has been the biggest YMMV thing I've ever seen.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
wait where can I find this 30% off coupon?

It's a coupon that prints out after buying a video game related product ONLY ON THE FRONT REGISTERS. People trigger it by ringing up several $1 pre-order cards on seperate transactions. Looking to try my luck with it today.

Target only had Killzone, Knack, and Ghosts on the floor. Knack was sold out when I got there (about three hours after opening).

Went over to Best Buy instead and they price matched no problem. Nabbed Killzone, Knack, and Battlefield.

They also had Assassin's Creed and all the sports games out already. Guy working there said Injustice is still street dated for Tuesday and they haven't received any copies of Need for Speed.

noooo! >.<

Snagged Knack, Ghosts, and Killzone at Target today. The guy had to go look for them in the back. They did not have ACIV or Battlefield. Only the three I bought and Just Dance.

I am going to try to get BF4 and AC4 at Best Buy when they open up (west coast here). I dont know what will be my third game (wanted Injustice)

Chaplain

It's a coupon that prints out after buying a video game related product ONLY ON THE FRONT REGISTERS. People trigger it by ringing up several $1 pre-order cards on seperate transactions. Looking to try my luck with it today.

Two questions.

1. Can you preorder games at Target?
2. What does "ONLY ON THE FRONT REGISTERS" mean?

noooo! >.<

Snagged Knack, Ghosts, and Killzone at Target today. The guy had to go look for them in the back. They did not have ACIV or Battlefield. Only the three I bought and Just Dance.

I am going to try to get BF4 and AC4 at Best Buy when they open up (west coast here). I dont know what will be my third game (wanted Injustice)

Haha, I know your pain. I'm hoping to nab Injustice, Need for Speed, and Assassin's Creed on Tuesday at either Target or Best Buy.

The Lamp

I don't understand. I have to buy $1 gift cards? How many? I buy several of these at the front register and then I get a coupon, I go back to the video game section and use it on the 3 games?

hoserx

Just went to my local target. Dude was not about to sell me Killzone no matter what memo I showed him. Haha oh well. I did manage to get the 30% coupon. I'll go back to a different target on Tuesday. and see how that works out for me.

PrimeRib_

Snagged Killzone, Knack and Ghosts @ Target, with AC4 already (BB online, picked up at store yesterday) - guess I'll head back on Tuesday for FIFA, BF4 and NFS. Strange that BB has BF4 out on shelves but Target does not ...

Nope, I can confirm it works at the Electronics counter too. Mine printed out picking up my Pokemon X preorder.

Based on every experience I've ever had with Best Buy, the GCU discount would not work with a manual price match.
Then they would tell you it's one or the other.
Unless they manually adjusted the last game, instead of $20 off each like on your receipt.

they manually adjusted the price of each game. does that work still? i'll find out in a few days.

malfcn

Talked to someone at Target and they said grab whatever you want more and exchange later this week while deal is active. Sounds like exchanging forXbox games is probably a ymyummy.

Talked to someone at Target and they said grab whatever you want more and exchange later this week while deal is active. Sounds like exchanging forXbox games is probably a ymyummy.

I'll probably just do this, worst comes to worst I return the games and get my money back.

Shadownet

Banned
I just got back from my Target in VA.

I got CoD:Ghosts, Knack and NBA.

I'm going to return NBA for AC4 later on Tuesday.

The manager there was so nice, she personally went back to the storage and got me all the PS4 games.

They only have CoD, Knack, NBA, Madden, Killzone, Battlefield 4 and another game which I can't remember.

I love my Target. Got the B2G1 Free.

Milennia

So is there any proof i can show them for the 30% off coupon? just so that they don't think I'm crazy ringing up multiple pre order cards lol.

hoserx

I just got back from my Target in VA.

I got CoD:Ghosts, Knack and NBA.

I'm going to return NBA for AC4 later on Tuesday.

The manager there was so nice, she personally went back to the storage and got me all the PS4 games.

They only have CoD, Knack, NBA, Madden, Killzone, Battlefield 4 and another game which I can't remember.

I love my Target. Got the B2G1 Free.

People in the South are just so much nicer. lol

Snagged Killzone, Knack and Ghosts @ Target, with AC4 already (BB online, picked up at store yesterday) - guess I'll head back on Tuesday for FIFA, BF4 and NFS. Strange that BB has BF4 out on shelves but Target does not ...

They said AC4 and BF4 were both still street dated for Tuesday at my Target.

Evidently my Best Buy got a different memo or they just don't give a fuck because they had both out on the floor.

hoserx

So is there any proof i can show them for the 30% off coupon? just so that they don't think I'm crazy ringing up multiple pre order cards lol.

I confused the hell out of two cashiers getting my coupons..... I just said TRUST ME, KEEP RINGING THESE OUT. hahaha.

Hopefully mine will have NFS. Maybe they will let me get away with Injustice since it says 11/8/13 on their website.

Well under "We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads: " it has:

Maybe that's why they declined it? Silly though, but I am guessing that's why.

Didn't someone a few pages back say their Target had NFS out? I haven't seen any other mentions.

They said AC4 and BF4 were both still street dated for Tuesday at my Target.

Evidently my Best Buy got a different memo or they just don't give a fuck because they had both out on the floor.

Best Buy has ACIV, BF4, and Injustice listed as 11/08/13 on their website.

Didn't someone a few pages back say their Target had NFS out? I haven't seen any other mentions.

Mine didn't have it. They didn't even have ACIV or BF4. They guy went looking around in the back for awhile too.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Two questions.

1. Can you preorder games at Target?
2. What does "ONLY ON THE FRONT REGISTERS" mean?

1. Dunno, I never have, heard the pre-order system is a joke. They have cards though.
2. The reason why people say this is because some target's don't have a coupon printer in the electronics section, but according to a poster here, he got the coupon at the counter. To be safe though i'd go to the front registers though.

I don't understand. I have to buy $1 gift cards? How many? I buy several of these at the front register and then I get a coupon, I go back to the video game section and use it on the 3 games?
You don't have to get $1 pre-order cards, you can buy anything else related to gaming. That's just the cheapest way (unless you find a COD coozie, those ring up for 1 cent).

BigDug13

Friday for all non-CoD games at my nearest target but the electronics dept guy knew his stuff and he will be personally coming in Friday to setup the PS4 displays and will street date all non-CoD PS4 games then. My worry is he says he has like 8 total copies of Killzone.

Jarsonot

Target wouldn't sell me anything besides COD, spoke to a manager, showed them this thread (haha), no dice.

Drove two blocks to Best Buy. They price-matched for me and I picked up Killzone, Battlefield, and Knack.

Thanks Best Buy. Target's really missing out on this stuff.

The Lamp

1. Dunno, I never have, heard the pre-order system is a joke. They have cards though.
2. The reason why people say this is because some target's don't have a coupon printer in the electronics section, but according to a poster here, he got the coupon at the counter. To be safe though i'd go to the front registers though.

You don't have to get $1 pre-order cards, you can buy anything else related to gaming. That's just the cheapest way (unless you find a COD coozie, those ring up for 1 cent).

How many of the cards do I have to buy? And are they specifically video games or preorder cards I have to use?

Best Buy has ACIV, BF4, and Injustice listed as 11/08/13 on their website.

Mine didn't have it. They didn't even have ACIV or BF4. They guy went looking around in the back for awhile too.

Strange, my Best Buy had pretty much all of their stock on the floor except for Injustice specifically. Guy I talked to implied they had it in the back but wasn't allowed to sell it because of the street date.

dezzy8

I just got NBA 2K14, COD Ghosts, KZ SF from my target in Greenville, NC. They had them right there on the shelves. They also said that the rest of the games come in on Tuesday.

Top Bottom