• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target is doing B2G1 on PS4 launch games

tookhster

I just got back from my Target in VA.

I got CoD:Ghosts, Knack and NBA.

I'm going to return NBA for AC4 later on Tuesday.

The manager there was so nice, she personally went back to the storage and got me all the PS4 games.

They only have CoD, Knack, NBA, Madden, Killzone, Battlefield 4 and another game which I can't remember.

I love my Target. Got the B2G1 Free.

Where in VA? I must know!

TheHater

Just called the Target I will be going to after work and they said they have the games in stocked I inquired about. I also checked online and it shows in the stock at that location. I printed it out and wrote down the employee name I spoke to.

These fuckers better not fuck me over.

Stantron

Target opens and I can already see a handful of people looking to get in on the same deal. The employee at electronics tells everyone that only Ghosts is available, and other games will be available Tues. So I then do the $1 pre-order deal at the front to get the %30 off coupon to print. Then I go back to electronics to see a couple people still there. The employees at that point realize that they actually do have Knack and KZ in stock. I told the two others about the coupon deal which they also got. We had to bring the 3 games to the front because that's where the only working manager was. $36 taken off manually at the register.

Knack, Killzone and Ghosts all for $91.33. Niiiiiiice.

No go for me. First target was almost. Guy was nice, checked the back, had them, but said store policy they couldn't sell until Friday. :/ Next target guy said no games, didn't even look in the back - I'm skeptical. Walmart didn't have the games, even though online says they do; chick said they had nothing back. bleh

Best I think i'm going to do is a price match at BB or walmart on tuesday.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
How many of the cards do I have to buy? And are they specifically video games or preorder cards I have to use?

It's random, just gotta make a transaction, look and see if you got a coupon, then repeat. I heard the pre-order cards a refundable if you guys are worried.

- J - D -

So if you're unlucky enough to purchase from a Target that cuts the cost of each game down to $39.99 for the B2G1 deal, what happens when you apply the %30 coupon on top of all that? Do you have to pay even more if you want to exchange a game later?

It'd be something like

Game 1 - $36
Game 2 - $36
Game 3 - $36

I want to pick up Killzone, Knack, and any other game to exchange on Friday for NFS Rivals, but if I do this deal with the 30% coupon, does it complicate things for when I go to exchange my third game for NFS later?

How many of the cards do I have to buy? And are they specifically video games or preorder cards I have to use?

These are what the Target cards look like. The card doesn't actually reserve you a game, it just seems to qualify you for a $5 gift card ($4, really, as I don't think the $1 goes towards the cost of the game).

4277ViE.jpg

When the coupon prints out seems to be random. I tried it on two cards last night and it didn't work. You can immediately return the cards, which I had to do since the selection was only for games I had no interest in.

Target opens and I can already see a handful of people looking to get in on the same deal. The employee at electronics tells everyone that only Ghosts is available, and other games will be available Tues. So I then do the $1 pre-order deal at the front to get the %30 off coupon to print. Then I go back to electronics to see a couple people still there. The employees at that point realize that they actually do have Knack and KZ in stock. I told the two others about the coupon deal which they also got. We had to bring the 3 games to the front because that's where the only working manager was. $36 taken off manually at the register.

Knack, Killzone and Ghosts all for $91.33. Niiiiiiice.

Where in the electronics department are those cards located? I looked for them in my local target the other day and didn't see them.

Voltron64

Tried to get the 30% off coupon at Target reserving two Watchdogs separetley. No luck. They won't sell Killzone until the 15th and BF on tues. only COD. Ugh

jluedtke

Help-

If I were to go to a BB, how would I go about price matching?

Show them a flyer from Target?

The manager at Best Buy already knew about it when I took my games to the register and asked them to price match. She did ask to see the ad, so I simply pulled up this thread on my phone and showed her the ad in the OP.

So if you're unlucky enough to purchase from a Target that cuts the cost of each game down to $39.99 for the B2G1 deal, what happens when you apply the %30 coupon on top of all that? Do you have to pay even more if you want to exchange a game later?

It'd be something like

Game 1 - $36
Game 2 - $36
Game 3 - $36

I want to pick up Killzone, Knack, and any other game to exchange on Friday for NFS Rivals, but if I do this deal with the 30% coupon, does it complicate things for when I go to exchange my third game for NFS later?
Just go in without a receipt, people.

I didn't get in on the 30% deal. Would they let me use it after the fact?
Just return all your games, rebuy them that instant, and say oh btw I have this coupon for 30% off. Easy.

SnakeEyez

Anybody tried this in NYC (Bronx Actually)? I feel like every time I try to use a deal like this, I always get the shaft or they don't have the games in stock.

-Just to clarify if I got this right, you need 2 $1 reservation cards rung up in two different transactions since every other gaming transaction gives you the 30% off in the receipt (I'm assuming these cards are in the gaming section).

-Then if you're lucky enough, the manager will come by and override the system to allow this to stack with the B2G1 free deal.

-Leave with 3 games for 90, making the wait till Friday that much harder....

Anything I'm missing?

Stantron

Where in the electronics department are those cards located? I looked for them in my local target the other day and didn't see them.

I mean the general electronics area. Specifically the gaming area has shelves with plastic preorder cards hanging. I saw watch dogs as the only game. It's at or near the area that they usually have 12 month xbl cards and such.

You need to take them to the front though because that's where the registers are able to print the coupon. Also, make sure to buy the two cards as separate transactions because apparently the coupon only prints every other time... if you're lucky.

LycanXIII

Do we know what games will be available when? The ad says first party and Friday and 3rd party on Tuesday, but on the site it's opposite. Like the ad says Battlefield on Tuesday, and Killzone on Friday, but the site says Killzone is already available, and Battlefield will be on Friday.

Milennia

Anybody tried this in NYC (Bronx Actually)? I feel like every time I try to use a deal like this, I always get the shaft or they don't have the games in stock.

-Just to clarify if I got this right, you need 2 $1 reservation cards rung up in two different transactions since every other gaming transaction gives you the 30% off in the receipt (I'm assuming these cards are in the gaming section).

-Then if you're lucky enough, the manager will come by and override the system to allow this to stack with the B2G1 free deal.

Anything I'm missing?

I just did it but in NY but nowhere near the bronx (maybe an hour out) i didn't however go for the coupon deal, just the b2g1.

So the 30% coupon just won't fucking appear for me, tried at two different targets and didn't get any coupon...

Luckily I was able to just return those preorders so no harm done but still, id like to have saved forty bucks on this deal

What I did realize however is that ratchet and clank comes out Tuesday, so I can Exchange call of duty and knack for that and assassins creed...

Var

Went to Target this morning. The only PS4 game they would sell was COD. I picked up LEGO City, NSMBU, and FIFA 14 on 360 to give as a Christmas present. Will try back later in the week.

Beth Cyra

Just want to check. Anyone in the Eugene Oregon area have any luck?

I've been shit down, but I only did the phone thing, so I'm hoping maybe in person might yeild some better results.

I got the 30% off coupon on the first preorder card. Went for the games, but they wouldn't sell them to me. Said there would be a $10K fine for each game, due to breaking street date. I told them that was no longer in effect and showed them several stores that were selling them. The clerk looked it up and said the register would allow the transaction, but she still refused. Showed her the email from this thread, still a no go. :-/

kaskade

Target has an app that will pull up the ad. I'd recommend downloading it before you go in then you can show them since it lists the prices for the games since some people were saying wal mart was being a little weird about it.

JLG-

These next 3 weeks are going to be hell for us target employees.. ugh. Ps4 this week, xbox one next, and black friday the following week.

Bloodsent

Was able to pick up KZSF, Knack, and COD this morning. I want to take COD back on Tuesday to pick up BF4, but not sure how that is going to work, with the CS desk in front and electronics in the back. They aren't just going to let me take an unpaid copy of BF4 up to the front of the store to do a straight exchange, and trying to just return COD and walk to the back to buy BF4 would require me to pay another $20 (due to the return value being $39). Can you even do even exchanges back at the Electronics desk? I figure you can't.

For those that are planning on returning one of your games later this week, what is your plan?

Trigonx

Anything I'm missing?

Just one correction, you may need more than two reservation cards. It seems to be more random than thought, closer to 1 every 4 transactions.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Did 10 card pre-orders. The coupon didn't show up. For those getting the coupon take a screenshot of that shit so we can see what it looks like - it would help when explaining the situation to cashiers and customer service so we're not just sitting there like fools ringing up 10/20 pre-order cards.

- J - D -

Just go in without a receipt, people.

Just return all your games, rebuy them that instant, and say oh btw I have this coupon for 30% off. Easy.

So, buy the games without the coupon, then return them (exchanging one for the game I want), and then use the coupon when buying them again?

Top Bottom