• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target is doing B2G1 on PS4 launch games

YKwuFAV.png

just decided to chat with the CS instead. LOL fuck this promo

I went to two Miami best buys and no go on price matching, they know what's going down. I went to target and the employees were saying how "people were going crazy over the ps4 games". They aren't selling any ps4 game other than cod until tues or Friday.

Why is Miami such an insane game city, it's impossible to do anything here without a CAG parade.

Help me out Miami gaf if you get this deal done anywhere let me know.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Went to the local target to get my 3 games for the B2G1. Pulled down Killzone, NBA 2k14 & Ghosts. Have no intent to keep Ghosts, I'll be swapping it out for Black Flag Tuesday.

Sadly, they didn't allow the 30% off to stack, so Tuesday I'll be heading to a different, larger Target about 20 minutes away to attempt the swap and get the 30% there.

How? Isn't the return value only $40, meaning you'll have to pay extra?

BarneyBP

I was able to get:

PS4:
Killzone
Knack
NBA 2K14

Xbox One:
Call of Duty Ghosts digital download with X1, X360 copies

PS3
Assassin's Creed 4 (Planning to exchange later)
Last of Us

The deal was not ringing up because the Call of Duty digital download for X1 was not supposed to be part of the deal, but they were able to make it happen for me by applying a $60 "Target coupon." Red Card debit saved me another twelve bucks - all in all, a good morning!

Jeels

The thing I hate about these deals is you end up spending more money and end up with the games you didn't really want because you feel like you're missing out on a great deal. Must control my impulse buying!

Well if you were planning on getting two titles anyway, getting a third for free is no loss.

CrovaxPSO

Opened a chat with Amazon as well, just to add to the interest if nothing else, and all I got was a copy paste of their price match policy. Guess I'll try Target on Tuesday morning and hope for the best.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Can someone explain how some people are getting 3 games for $90? How do you get an extra 30% off? Explain :()

There is a random coupon that will print out on game related purchases. People realized this works for even 1-dollar, refundable pre-order cards.

Now, if someone would just scan or take a photo of the coupon so we can verify it exists to a cashier that would be great. Tried with 10 dollars and I got nothing, so perhaps it is something that needs to be done with a debit card.

Dysun

I went to two Miami best buys and no go on price matching, they know what's going down. I went to target and the employees were saying how "people were going crazy over the ps4 games". They aren't selling any ps4 game other than cod until tues or Friday.

Why is Miami such an insane game city, it's impossible to do anything here without a CAG parade.

Help me out Miami gaf if you get this deal done anywhere let me know.

Miami GAF
Yeah I had no luck getting the Target on Bird and 77th to budge on this deal. Games aren't out yet and they wont go in the back.

PrimeRib_

Figured I'd ask Amazon anyway, considering it would save me a run to the store on Tuesday for the games I really want (NFS, BF4).

Amazon's rep George: At this point we are not matching that promotion
What I can do for you in this case is forward the inquiry to our marketing and promotions department and they will review the options and get back to you within 48 hours with hopefully a satisfactory resolution for you

yay!
/sigh

fallingdove

Went to the local target. They said that they'd only be able to sell Killzone, COD, and Knack even though they had everything else.

Stopped by Best Buy as well. They had all the games to buy. Got to checkout and the stupid store manager nixed the price match. She said that Best Buys that are price matching the Target ad are having inventory pulled by Sony. I highly doubt that.

PrimeRib_

Did the deal start today? Yesterday my Target only had CoD PS4 out. I was going to do ACIV, Killzone, and Madden. Are all of those out?

Check if they're in stock at the Target you're at. If so, you can (politely) bring up the memo posted online that specifically removes the street date from Killzone, Knack and NBA2K14. If they're in stock, it means the cashier may have to run to the back and search for it, which is mainly where the YMMV comes into play. Good luck!

LifEndz

Buying $1 preorder cards one at a time at the front cashers until it prints a 30% coupon.

I have done it twice at 2 different targets.

So I go to the games section, look for the pre-order cards, and then go to the front cashier and pay for them? Will they let me buy several cards for a dollar each? WOuldn't they just say why don't you put all the money on one card? Sorry but I've never done this and I want to make sure I do this right.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damnit my store had no NBA 2k14... for now snagged KZ, Knack, and Ghosts, gonna wait until NBA pops in stock and swap ghosts for it hopefully.

I'd like to get Killzone and Battlefield this way but I don't think there's a third retail game that I really want...

I'm the same way. Knack I'll pick up down the road for cheap.
Obviously if DriveClub were out, I'd get that.
Shoot, I could even do without BF4, seeing as KZ + the free & f2p games will keep me busy for a while.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This makes me sad. Fuck you amazon for making me deal with target. Maybe I'll just try to match the promo at best buy. Try my luck.

Tried target early this morning, no dice, wouldn't sell before the previous street dates.

Tried Fry's, they had some in stock, but wouldn't price match.

Hit up best buy just a few minutes ago. They had all the games out for purchase, tons of copies, and matched the ad. When I pointed out NFS: Rivals release, they offered to give me a gift receipt for my three games, saying as long as it was unopened I could come back and swap game three for Rivals on friday.

So now I have Killzone, Knack, and NBA2k14 on hand. May swap NBA for Rivals though.

cametall

Blah. Amazon CSR just copy and pasted "they can't discuss promotions that haven't been run yet and we do not match other promotions" crap.

I thought I was getting somewhere because they asked me like 20 questions about my account before disappearing for several minutes.

So now it isn't every second purchase for the coupon, its just random? And you have to just keep buying cards until you get one? Do the target cashiers look at you like you are an idiot, because I've already tried at two targets with two cards, front reg, one at a time to no avail

Rippa

Tried my luck at target today. Got the 30% off coupon after 4 separate transaction but they only had COD so I have to wait until Tuesday. Sucks but at least I have the coupon!

Pandanaut

I also tried my luck with Amazon. The CSR said that it was "interesting" then disappeared for a bit. Came back and said "I see you're talking about the PS4" then copy and pasted the response others have gotten here.

I talked to an Amazon CS rep as well. No dice on any sort of deal matching. Told me they couldn't tell me about any kind of promotions that hadn't happened yet either, so no information to add.

Target wouldn't sell me anything besides COD, spoke to a manager, showed them this thread (haha), no dice.

Drove two blocks to Best Buy. They price-matched for me and I picked up Killzone, Battlefield, and Knack.

Thanks Best Buy. Target's really missing out on this stuff.

I'm eff'n furious... I read your post, so I called my best buy and they said they would price match and that they had KZ, Ghosts and BF4 in Stock and asked if I wanted to purchase it over the phone... I said no because I was in route to the store.

I get there... The only one they had on the shelf was Ghosts, so I asked... Guy goes into the back and comes back and said he could only sell KZ and Ghosts because BF isn't released until the 12th... So I went to customer service and explained to them what was going on and they go on to explain that even though it is released in their system to sell they can't because they can't break the street date. Even spoke to a manager telling him that he's losing a sale. He said him losing a sale is less costly then him breaking the street date...

I'm pissed and I guess I'll just have to wait for Target.

USC-fan

Banned
So I go to the games section, look for the pre-order cards, and then go to the front cashier and pay for them? Will they let me buy several cards for a dollar each? WOuldn't they just say why don't you put all the money on one card? Sorry but I've never done this and I want to make sure I do this right.
I straight told the casher I was doing it to get a coupon. I scored so huge today I brought her lunch after she check me out...lol. ended up getting 4 ps4 games for $50

Naudi

Banned
Booya! KZ Knack and cod for 79$! As far as the coupon it worked on the 2nd reservation card and it prints as soon as he scans it so he voided the sale for me :) All the reps I talked to knew what I was talking about since I wasnt the first person doing it today.The games were in back but had no problem purchasing. I will most like swap cod on Tuesday when other games come in.

Top Bottom