• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target is doing B2G1 on PS4 launch games

zaryn

No luck at Target. Even though the memo says Knack, Killzone, and 2k14 can be sold now, they wouldn't budge. Lady said the register wouldn't let them sell the games, which I know is BS. Very frustrating.

I got this flyer for Targets in Canada, as well. They're just sorta far from where I am, closest one is like 8km while closest Best Buy is like 1.5km.

Gonna see if BB is willing to match this.

- J - D -

I don't wanna mess around with returning/exchanging stuff so maybe I'll just wait until later this week when NFSR is actually in stock.

I'll chat up Amazon to help our odds of them matching the deal even if its insignificant.

Var

My reply from Amazon:

"I hope you are doing great. Let me tell you that we are already on this, you are my 5th customer just today, wondering the same about Target. I already contacted our Web and Marketings department yesterday and as of now we are doing some research on this so maybe we can have this offers in the next few days; however, this totally depends on the manufacturer and as of now Target is the one chosen for this promotions."

spookyfish

Wow. My target had them out. Picked up one of two Knacks, Killzone and COD ( to trade for Assassin's Creed). The dude said "if you want to trade, bring all three back with your receipt" so it sounds like others are doing that too.

Good luck.

The Lamp

25DI0FT.jpg

I think if we get enough people to bug customer support, they'll offer the deal.

What a weird system

It's any gaming merchandise, games, or preorder cards. You need to check out on the front registers, not the electronics one. Ring items up in single transactions, one at a time. Easiest to do are the preorder cards, just bring a few $1 bills with you. The coupon will print after the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd transaction from the little coupon printer. You can then return whatever you bought and keep the coupon.

Sean

Banned
Question for those buying "placeholder" games, could you exchange/swap them out at ANY Target, or does it have to be the exact store listed on your receipt?

Boss Man

Got my coupon, but the Target here says they aren't selling PS4 games until the 15th (only had COD on the shelf). Is there anything I can do to show them that the dates are off, or would it be easier just to wait?

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
just emailed Amazon support for the hell of it. figured it was worth a shot since they're handing out credit for no apparent reason. just from reading these posts, it seems like there's a good chance they'll match it.

DogMeat77

Mission Accomplished.

jbsxE9gYcuuH5G.jpg

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry I uploaded the first blurry image accidentally. Just cross your eyes until it looks ok.

It took a little bit of wheeling and dealing but I eventually got them to check the back for me. The first guy I spoke with said they only had COD. I told him the website said they were in-stock and he claimed that just meant the distributor had them.

I spoke to the manager and showed them the memo I printed out and they said they were aware of the memo. I asked if they would mind checking the stock of the 3 games I wanted and they said they would.

1x Copy of Knack in stock.
6x Copies of Killzone
6x Copies of NBA2K14.

They went to the back and came back 10 minutes later with some PS4 love. I will be returning to Target on Tuesday to "Finish the Fight" :D

Derrick01

Banned
My reply from Amazon:

"I hope you are doing great. Let me tell you that we are already on this, you are my 5th customer just today, wondering the same about Target. I already contacted our Web and Marketings department yesterday and as of now we are doing some research on this so maybe we can have this offers in the next few days; however, this totally depends on the manufacturer and as of now Target is the one chosen for this promotions."

ffs you're the largest online retailer in the world, probably the largest retailer period next to wal mart. I'm sure you can find a way to make it work if puny little Target can.

____

I went to two Miami best buys and no go on price matching, they know what's going down. I went to target and the employees were saying how "people were going crazy over the ps4 games". They aren't selling any ps4 game other than cod until tues or Friday.

Why is Miami such an insane game city, it's impossible to do anything here without a CAG parade.

Help me out Miami gaf if you get this deal done anywhere let me know.

I did it in Target this morning in broward..not sure how close you are to Pembroke Pines?

Just called my local Target and the BS they told me is that I literally have to come there on Friday, first come first serve basis, to fight for my game for the Buy 2 get 1 free stuff. Fuck that, I'll wait for Amazon or Newegg for that matter. This is such bull on their part

Is target still doing the 30% coupons on every other game purchase?

Appears to be 1 in every 4 purchases. My first coupon printed on my 1st purchase, the second on my 3rd purchase. Take 4 preorder cards with you just in case. Tell the cashier you want to ring them up separately. Its a dollar a piece so it goes quickly.

NBA2k is not in stock in my entire state, the neighboring state, or the one next to that either. Target said they get deliveries of games Sat (KZ & Knack came) Tuesday (BF4 and AC4 expected) and Thursday (NBA expected)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
ffs you're the largest online retailer in the world, probably the largest retailer period next to wal mart. I'm sure you can find a way to make it work if puny little Target can.

See, it doesn't benefit Amazon AT ALL to do this deal. None.

For Target, it gets people into the store to possibly buy other items. Not Amazon.

BarrettW

Neo Member
My target only had Killzone, Knack, Call of Duty, and NBA. Clerk said the rest were street dated (which to my knowledge is right for most of them). Was in for the first three thankfully and walked away pleased.

_woLf

Appears to be 1 in every 4 purchases. My first coupon printed on my 1st purchase, the second on my 3rd purchase. Take 4 preorder cards with you just in case. Tell the cashier you want to ring them up separately. Its a dollar a piece so it goes quickly.

Can I return the cards later?

Just got a different response from Amazon. This time, rep said sorry, I can't override prices without authorization. Reps can't do that. But the promotions department has gotten a lot of requests for this and they are "investigating" and I should watch my email for any updates. Might pay to chat with CS just so you can register your issue and possibly get an email if this gets changed.

SeanTSC

My Bad Day At Target continues.

Went back to Target, returned the 1 dollare pre-order cards and wrung them up again, still no coupon. Went to the back and a different guy was there and I asked about them selling PS4 games and the guy said "oh no, we're ignoring the corporate letter and only selling them on friday so everyone has an equal chance".

Like, what the hell? That makes no sense at all. everyone has an equal chance by going in right now and hundreds of other targets are following the letter and selling them like they are supposed to, you know since Sony of all people said there's no Streetdate on PS4 games. Told the guy "well, you just lost a customer, I'm not shopping here anymore" and walked out.

Returned the cards again on my way out and wasn't going to buy them again, and ended up getting a coupon printed out on the Return process, heh.

Dunno if I'm going to go back there on Friday, though I'm sure they will probably argue about me using it with the B2G1F deal even though a lot of people here are using it just fine.

Maybe I'll go back on Tuesday or Thursday when they'll hopefully have NFS in and bitch out their manager.

____

I am not in the mood to drive that far. What did you do? Where they simply out? Oh and do they have NBA2K?

Yes, they only have 3 PS4 games in stock for sale today -- NBA2K14, Ghosts and Killzone. Other games they'll be selling starting Tuesday.

It took me a few tries to get the 30% coupon, but I guess it was my fault for going to 2 separate registers to do the 2 transactions. I returned them at customer service and then went to buy them again on the "express" registers in the front. I just asked the lady to ring them up as separate transactions because nobody was in line behind me, and on the 2nd one, the coupon printed.

Once you get the 30% coupon, they gave no hassle applying the B2G1 deal and the 30%, and the girl at the customer service desk was telling others how to ring it up, as she said she had done it a few times earlier that morning. She said they calculated it manually, to have $34.99 taken off, and after tax, it was about $38.15 off the transaction.

So I picked up those 3 for a total of $89.03.

http://i.imgur.com/8B6rE2q.jpg?1

SpaceHorror

Just attempted to contact Amazon CS myself and got no where with them. I attempted one last dig about heading out to Target to buy games, hoping they would soften up a bit, but they were having none of my shit haha.

nikos

Called target- said they were "all sold out". Wtf.

Best buy won't watch either.

NYC area

Which Target?

Best Buy in Union Square said they wouldn't match it when I asked last night. Guy seemed to be aware of the promotion. Wonder if another one will.

Yes, they only have 3 PS4 games in stock for sale today -- NBA2K14, Ghosts and Killzone. Other games they'll be selling starting Tuesday.

It took me a few tries to get the 30% coupon, but I guess it was my fault for going to 2 separate registers to do the 2 transactions. I returned them at customer service and then went to buy them again on the "express" registers in the front. I just asked the lady to ring them up as separate transactions because nobody was in line behind me, and on the 2nd one, the coupon printed.

Once you get the 30% coupon, they gave no hassle applying the B2G1 deal and the 30%, and the girl at the customer service desk was telling others how to ring it up, as she said she had done it a few times earlier that morning. She said they calculated it manually, to have $34.99 taken off, and after tax, it was about $38.15 off the transaction.

So I picked up those 3 for a total of $89.03.

Well damn, for that I may do it, they actually have the games I want. I have a feeling when I get there they will have nothing.

Did they have the games out or did you have to ask for them?

Top Bottom